Hornets @ Suns Friday game thread 12-29-2023

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rozier is what he is usually a ball hog shooter that’s gonna put it up a lot! He was uncanny hot tonight, shoot their whole team shot over 50% and made 23 3s you rarely win when a team makes 23 3s against you! But we saw how good our offense can be shooting over 60% from the field and from 3 that’s pretty crazy. Also Beal just playing casual only scoring 6 and more being a facilitator than taking a bunch of shots, expect to see him more aggressive soon think just staying away from traffic a little really. Great back to back games from the Suns, they did play defense tonight sometimes teams make contested shots not usually at the clip they did from 3 tonight! Crazy game…

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Denver got their teeth kicked in lots of games can go either way in today’s NBA where the 3s are flying! Shoot freaking Portland smoked the Lings a few days back with Fox going off so anything can happen even to good teams. Hornets were hot but we were hotter and played enough D to make them shoot contested looks. Really Rozier and Miller were the ones killing us…

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know Rozier may be seen as a black hole offensively, but he scored 42 on only 22 shots. That’s very efficient.

I’m tired of these guards having there way and we’ve given up two 50 pieces to Luka and Brunson the last 2 weeks. That’s concerning.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know Rozier may be seen as a black hole offensively, but he scored 42 on only 22 shots. That’s very efficient.

I’m tired of these guards having there way and we’ve given up two 50 pieces to Luka and Brunson the last 2 weeks. That’s concerning.

No Okogie and Saban Lee seems to have taken Goodwin's spot. Opposing guards will go off. I think Booker will start exerting himself more on D now that Beal is back also. He really couldn't afford to before because we needed all he had on offense.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's the defense. They switch despite having not elite athletes. They also go under screens. Here is where we miss Ayton for all his flaws.

Guys switch or go under screens and it leads to clean 3 point looks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the defense. They switch despite having not elite athletes. They also go under screens. Here is where we miss Ayton for all his flaws.

This is what I have been thinking as well.

The Suns need to clean up giving those open threes to opponents but I'm not sure how.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do people have amnesia of the Nuggets and Mavs BOMBING WIDE OPEN threes on us at will in the last two playoffs with Ayton… and Bridges?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amanda makes me miss Lindsey even more. Can't even watch that podcast Lindsey does now that Flex is on there. I thought he was bad on Twitter and he proved he can be much worse.

Amanda is an old lady lol by Linsey terms.

Flex is actually ok most times on PHNX. I hated the social media stuff but sometimes he’s got some good arguments.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do people have amnesia of the Nuggets and Mavs BOMBING WIDE OPEN threes on us at will in the last two playoffs with Ayton… and Bridges?

2021 #4 3 point defense
2022 #13 in 3 Point defense
2023 #11 in 3 point defense (before tonight)

So I have definitely erased 2022 from my mind

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So far, I have been way off on his signing.

I do still have questions about the coach though.

You aren't alone. I was 99.9% sure he'd be the 5th starter. Maybe he'd come off the bench for smaller matchup purposes when Grayson or Gordon started in his place but he was easily going to be that guy in 80%+ of the games he played in. He looked rocky in preseason but he started pulling it together towards the end but I think those were just good games by him rather than stepping up. He's been pedestrian more often than not.

I'm not sold on Vogel either but I don't blame KBD on him. He had opportunities, he never stepped up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson