Suns @ Warriors Friday game thread 12-3-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friday the Suns play the Warriors at Chase Center in San Francisco on the second night of back-to-back games. The Suns beat the Pistons at home on Thursday.

Warriors are 18-3 and will have revenge on their mind after losing their last game to the Suns in Phoenix.

Suns are 19-3 with the best record in the NBA with a franchise record eighteen game winning streak.

After the game with the Warriors the Suns come home for two games against the Spurs on Monday and the Celtics on Friday.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona and ESPN.

Start time is listed at 8 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the Warriors game, the Suns will get a chance to catch their breath.

Let's get NINETEEN WINS first.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder how much "revenge" actually factors into NBA reg season games.

The Warriors will have tape and a strategy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Warriors got exposed by a better team.
I think we have a good chance even w/o Booker.
Next Man Up
I hope Klay and Igloo Dolla do come back for this game. No way they would be in game shape.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
We’re gonna get boat raced tomorrow. No Book, second half of a B2B on the road, revenge game for well rested GSW.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andre Iguodala remains OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The early Warriors injury report indicates James Wiseman and Klay Thompson are also OUT.

Suns will not submit their injury report until tomorrow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Xmas Day Game is going to be a banger.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Warriors were totally unable to defend against our size and unable to exploit it on the other end, that was the key to the first game. Ayton was fantastic when forced to defend on the outside.

I am sure the Warriors have spent the last 3 days working on a scheme to turn the tables on us, my guess is it involves forcing Ayton to defend in deep and put him in foul trouble. If it Ayton avoids fouls and if the refs call it like they did on Tuesday then it should be another thriller.

Long term, the Warriors are in a great spot but a tricky one. They have a fantastic roster, both in the long and short term. But I think they're a legit big man away from being the hands down favorite for the title and I don't think Wiseman is that guy at the moment. If they were to trade Wiseman and parts for Myles Turner or (especially) Sabonis, they would be a terror. They do have the advantage of waiting for Wiseman and Klay to get healthy before seriously considering a big trade but if Wiseman is the same player he was last season then I think he will make them worse, not better, and it will really muddy his trade value.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will likely hinge on how effective Ayton and McGee are. If they can continue to exploit the paint and our combined shooting can match what Curry does we have a chance to win this. It's not hard to bet against the Suns though if you are Vegas because Booker is out.

I don't think anybody on a normal night can keep Curry down for long. However, if the Suns can slow him up AGAIN? Maybe the media will change their tune about the Suns. This would at least show the Suns present him with matchup problems the way we play defense. If Curry does go off? Hopefully, the Suns lock down everyone else. You can't have Curry go off and someone like Poole go off again too.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
If this wasn't a back to back i think we make it a game...but it is, so i think the streak ends tonight unfortunately. Plus Curry will have something to prove. Just hoping for a good fight by the Suns and not a complete blowout. Payne, Ayton, Paul need to put up big numbers to have a chance.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huge test for suns steph will want revenge after bad showin

Hopin book plays and deandre cp3 play well

Should be high scorin fun gm gooooo suns!!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huge test for suns steph will want revenge after bad showin

Hopin book plays and deandre cp3 play well

Should be high scorin fun gm gooooo suns!!
I think "redemption" is a better word than "revenge." After all, the Suns just beat them. They did not humiliate them.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a 50-50 game in my book. I would make the odds even. There are a lot of people out in Warriors land who think the Suns just have the Warrior's number. The Suns are 6-3 against the Warriors over the last 9 meetings.

The Warriors did not get bigger since Tuesday. So the big advantage still exists. We just never know which DA is going to show up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's a 50-50 game in my book. I would make the odds even. There are a lot of people out in Warriors land who think the Suns just have the Warrior's number. The Suns are 6-3 against the Warriors over the last 9 meetings.

The Warriors did not get bigger since Tuesday. So the big advantage still exists. We just never know which DA is going to show up.
Well, the good DA has been the one that has shown up the most this year so far. At some point, a good solid game will be the norm and those games where he goes soft will be the exception to the rule.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose