Spurs vs. Suns Saturday game thread (Mexico City) 12-14-19

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Blame the refs all you want, but if the craptastic trio of Bridges, Cam and Okobo gives us something, anything (or if Ty Jerome were good enough to get any minutes), the Suns win this one going away. We can't keep throwing away drafts like this...
I like how you didn't throw saric in there like normal, probably because he had too good of a game to fit the same post you say every game

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
To our disappointment, the Suns have done nothing to change their image of not being a clutch team.
The team that causes the pain, wins. The team that whines or retaliates weakly, loses.

Until that changes, it is not going to change.

Perhaps it is just the mantra of the laid back Valley of the Sun which, in all other aspects, is a good thing.

Popovich whines every possession

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Blame the refs all you want, but if the craptastic trio of Bridges, Cam and Okobo gives us something, anything (or if Ty Jerome were good enough to get any minutes), the Suns win this one going away. We can't keep throwing away drafts like this...

Oubre went 5-15 with zero assists in 40 min. He was trash until the 3 for tie.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like how you didn't throw saric in there like normal, probably because he had too good of a game to fit the same post you say every game

Saric had a fine game. And he would be a decent back-up. The problem is that he has made clear that he wants starter money and minutes, or he's going back to Europe, and he is not NBA starter material.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
That out of bounds play where Rubio was fouled as well.

They fouled before the inbound twice in the final 2 mins. No look at the replay for the foul either time.

The league continues to show its incompetence regarding officiating. Its embarrassing

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oubre went 5-15 with zero assists in 40 min. He was trash until the 3 for tie.

And yet he was more productive from the wing than Bridges and Cam combined.

At least Bridges can defend (and rebound), but what good is that if having him on offense is like playing 4 on 5? He is a center in a shooting guard's body.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The Suns currently are not a great team. They are a good team. Generally speaking, when you take the best two players off of a good team they become a bad team. I am not discouraged by this game (although I am quite pissed).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns currently are not a great team. They are a good team. Generally speaking, when you take the best two players off of a good team they become a bad team. I am not discouraged by this game (although I am quite pissed).

I am not as discouraged by the overall result so much as I am disappointed by the failure of our last two lottery picks to produce anything at all, despite having all the opportunity in the world to do so.

JerkFace

Reaction score
I am not as discouraged by the overall result so much as I am disappointed by the failure of our last two lottery picks to produce anything at all, despite having all the opportunity in the world to do so.
You never answered my last question. Did you actually watch the game?

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
This is supposed to be fun, you take what little fun is left and piss all over it. What's your agenda? And why is Chris sticking up for you? Have fun guys, this forum sucks.
Steven, you're a great poster on this forum. Don't let guys like that get to you. Do what most of us have done and hit the "ignore" button. That's why they invented it.

Every time a troll gets a rise out of one of us, they win.
Every time someone quotes a troll or answers them, they win.
Every time anyone argues with one, they win.

Every time we all ignore their posts, we win.

Logic will never prevail with people like that. Their agenda is to divide, not unite.

"If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet." Proverbs 29:9

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is supposed to be fun, you take what little fun is left and piss all over it. What's your agenda? And why is Chris sticking up for you? Have fun guys, this forum sucks.

I think the agenda is pretty clear. This poster feeds off negative attention and sadly gets it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The first group is worse and it's not even close

I don't know.

Bridges is doing a good job of emulating Bender - solid defense and decent rebounding, but hesitant to take the outside shot, even when wide open, wildly inconsistent with the outside shot, and incapable of putting the ball on the floor

Okobo is doing a good job of emulating Ulis - great speed and can take the ball to the hoop almost at will, but inconsistent finishing, passes all over the place and erratic shooting from outside, and can't defend a chair

And Cam is doing a good job of emulating Reed - Mostly a spot-up shooter who is capable of getting hot from outside but does not do so anywhere near often enough, who contributes nothing else, and whose physical limitations won't allow him to change that.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Yes. Did you?
I did indeed. Bridges lack of an offensive game is down right disturbing but saying that Bridges (and Cam) contributed absolutely nothing just seemed like a statement from someone who didn’t watch the game. I was trying to be nice and give you credit for only being ignorant as opposed to being a moron.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And FYI, I have no "agenda" and am not looking for any response or reaction. I merely call it as I see it and use this board to vent my frustration. I thought that's what these boards are for.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I did indeed. Bridges lack of an offensive game is down right disturbing but saying that Bridges (and Cam) contributed absolutely nothing just seemed like a statement from someone who didn’t watch the game. I was trying to be nice and give you credit for only being ignorant as opposed to being a moron.

Perhaps my choice of words for Bridges was bad. He did contribute solid defense and rebounding, but more than anything we needed him to shoulder some scoring load with Booker out, and he couldn't do it. A wing who can't contribute anything from a scoring perspective is useless in the NBA. Think Bo Outlaw, only at shooting guard or small forward.

As for Cam, outside of one play down the stretch in regulation, he contributed nothing. He was a negative on both sides of the floor.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Perhaps my choice of words for Bridges was bad. He did contribute solid defense and rebounding, but more than anything we needed him to shoulder some scoring load with Booker out, and he couldn't do it.

As for Cam, outside of one play down the stretch in regulation, he contributed nothing. He was a negative on both sides of the floor.
Agree with the first part, although it is getting to the point where we are just bound to be disappointed if we are expecting him to shoulder any part of the scoring load.

Disagree with the second part. Cam makes smart plays and doesn’t force anything. That’s why Monte likes him (as evidence by when and how much he plays).

JerkFace

Reaction score
I have turned him off for sure.

The ignore function only works when everyone ignores him so I don't use it but I have gotten good at not reading his posts.
Sometimes I am better than other times at this. Sometimes I can’t help but to feed the troll. I will try to do better :)

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agree with the first part, although it is getting to the point where we are just bound to be disappointed if we are expecting him to shoulder any part of the scoring load.

Disagree with the second part. Cam makes smart plays and doesn’t force anything. That’s why Monte likes him (as evidence by when and how much he plays).

Cam is smart. No denying that. The problem is he has no physical tools to go with it, and his smarts don't contribute anything positive to the team. Yes, he doesn't force anything and doesn't turn the ball over, but the same thing is accomplished by never taking the floor. We need better than that, particularly from a lottery pick. He is actively hurting us in games, not because he is doing anything proactively bad (other than wildly erratic shooting), but because he isn't doing anything proactively good.

And as for Bridges, if he can't shoulder any part of the scoring load, then he is useless as a wing in the NBA...again, think Bo Outlaw as a shooting guard or small forward...

Last edited: