Preseason: Suns @ Kings Monday game thread 10-4-2021

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right now, he's neither. He's definitely not a power forward, but what good is a center who can't make lay-ups?
Right now, a year ago, you though Paul was so awful that the Suns should trade him for LITERALLY, anything.

Right now, 6 months ago, you thought the Suns, despite having one of the best records in the league, were a near certainty to miss the playoffs entirely.

Your opinion is so profoundly and frequentely wrong that it is likely enticing some to vote Smith as the league's MVP.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landry Shamet looks like a perfect fit for what the Suns want capable of playing both guard positions at times. In 21 minutes, he had 13 points, 2 rebounds and 3 assists.

JaVale McGee is as advertised with 10 points, 2 rebounds an assist and a block in only 11 minutes. Also Cam Johnson was his steady self with 11 points, 2 rebounds, 2 steals and a block in 17 minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on Stix last night.

From Empire of the Suns:

On top of that process for Smith, Williams mentioned how difficult it can be to defend on the perimeter with more screens, switching and so on. Williams had Smith on the floor with Frank Kaminsky, who would normally be the 5, but put Smith at center after he spent some time earlier in the game playing the 4.

“When he’s at the 5, he’s pretty effective,” Williams said of Smith, complimenting his rim running, rebounding and pick-and-roll coverage.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty breaks down the game last night.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a Landry Shamet interview.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also Jalen Smith interview.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Right now, a year ago, you though Paul was so awful that the Suns should trade him for LITERALLY, anything.

Right now, 6 months ago, you thought the Suns, despite having one of the best records in the league, were a near certainty to miss the playoffs entirely.

Your opinion is so profoundly and frequentely wrong that it is likely enticing some to vote Smith as the league's MVP.

If you're not seeing the obvious out there when it comes to Jalen Smith...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This supports that Stix is more of a 5 trying to transition to the 4 position.

Well yeah, that’s been known since he was drafted considering he’s only played the 5 his whole life. This isn’t really news.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
If you're not seeing the obvious out there when it comes to Jalen Smith...

In a preseason game thread you made 11 posts, pretty much all saying the same exact thing about Jalen Smith. At any point are you going to s.t.f.u. or is this what you’re going to dominate every game thread with?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In a preseason game thread you made 11 posts, pretty much all saying the same exact thing about Jalen Smith. At any point are you going to s.t.f.u. or is this what you’re going to dominate every game thread with?

I just can't believe that there are still people here advocating for him to get playing time when he is so darn awful every time he takes the floor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Are we seriously asking this question?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He will dominate every thread until the second something good happens, then he will runaway like the coward he’s always shown himself to be.

And then come back the second ONE thing doesn’t go perfect. Wash, rinse, repeat.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well yeah, that’s been known since he was drafted considering he’s only played the 5 his whole life. This isn’t really news.

The difference is how one views his future. Stix is not a bust if he is simply playing out of position at this stage of his career. It changes his value.

I'd be reluctant to trade him if he can play the small ball 5 position now with the potential to develop into a 4 later on.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
He will dominate every thread until the second something good happens, then he will runaway like the coward he’s always shown himself to be.

And then come back the second ONE thing doesn’t go perfect. Wash, rinse, repeat.

To be fair, at least he hasn't posted a rant about how the Suns have the worst record in the league after one preseason game. I actually came here to see that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair, at least he hasn't posted a rant about how the Suns have the worst record in the league after one preseason game. I actually came here to see that.

It's coming, don't worry. We're talking about the guy who claimed Paul, Booker, and Ayton would all demand trades if Jalen Smith sees any minutes this season.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The Suns haven’t won a preseason game since 2019

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Stix has shown some improvement. He's still at least a year and 25+lbs from being able to get decent mins.
I'm leaning to trying to keep him and giving him ALL the garbage mins for exp.

Obviously if we get T Young that's better for us now.
But if Thaddeus Young is the "prize" WTF game from hell are we playing? We can do better, but might have to wait.
I'm ready to take a flyer on Ben Simmons when the price drops out, maybe his problem is he's never been a PG and just needs to move into the PF role to blossom.
kidding i dont want BS

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not even sure why I bothered watching last night's game. lol, preseason.

I always enjoy watching the younger and deep bench players. During the season these opportunities don't often come around.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard