Preseason: Suns @ Kings Monday game thread 10-4-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns open preseason play for the 2021-22 season against the Kings at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento on Monday.

This will be the first game for each team.

Game time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time.

I understand the game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona.

We need some basketball!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker didn't do much today in practice except shoot.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns had Saturday off.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker and Dario Saric are OUT.

Of course Saric could miss the entire season.

The injury report for the Kings has not yet been submitted.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It’s gonna take me a little while to get into the new season. Seems like yesterday that we lost in the Finals.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s gonna take me a little while to get into the new season. Seems like yesterday that we lost in the Finals.

It does feel surreal and the Cardinals are looking like they are legitimate at the same time.

Once the ball is tipped off though, I think everything falls into place.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Monty talks about getting Landry Shamet and JaVale McGee up to speed, you know the Suns have come a long way.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the sports TV listings at azcentral sports and Arizona Sports the Suns vs Kings game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona.

However, when I go to my television guide at DirecTv there is no confirmation of such. So everything is a tossup at this time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns three other preseason games are schedule to be televised:

Lakers (NBA TV) 10/6, @ Lakers (ESPN) 10/10, Trail Blazers (NBA TV) 10/13.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns open the regular season on Wednesday October 20th at home against the Nuggets.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the game tonight is not televised the game will be on radio, 98.7 FM locally.

An internet feed can be found at Arizona Sports.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like to see a lot of Jalen Smith. Lets see what he can do. I want him out there with both Ayton and McGee though. I don't have much interest in seeing him as a small ball 5.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like to see a lot of Jalen Smith. Lets see what he can do. I want him out there with both Ayton and McGee though. I don't have much interest in seeing him as a small ball 5.

I really hope a trade is in the works. That said, he plays and there is no trade and he sits and the thad trade is on?

But if he does play, i think having a good roster like we do can hide him a bit and allow him to play within himself so that he doesnt feel like he needs to put up huge stats.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really hope a trade is in the works. That said, he plays and there is no trade and he sits and the thad trade is on?

But if he does play, i think having a good roster like we do can hide him a bit and allow him to play within himself so that he doesnt feel like he needs to put up huge stats.

If he doesn't play then I hope it's because a trade is happening. There's no excuse to have him riding the pine in preseason. Nothing is at stake and our rotation is largely the same as last year so it's not like there's a lot of work that needs to be done right now other than getting back in game shape.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Jalen Smith doesn't play much in preseason (especially early on) it's a sign he not going to be a contributor this season or he is on his way out. The preseason will be telling in this regard.

If he shows something at the 4/5 I'm inclined to keep him. The Suns can always add a player later in the season to add more depth. I hate to give up on the 10th pick if he has a future.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Jalen Smith doesn't play much in preseason (especially early on) it's a sign he not going to be a contributor this season or he is on his way out. The preseason will be telling in this regard.

If he shows something at the 4/5 I'm inclined to keep him. The Suns can always add a player later in the season to add more depth. I hate to give up on the 10th pick if he has a future.

It is possible that he has a future AND that he is not ready to contribute for at least a year or two.

In my opinion, it all comes down to the physical development of his body as he finishes growing. If his upper and lower body remain as disproportionate as they are now, he has no future in the NBA. Such disproportion is wreaking havoc with his coordination. If his lower body comes close to catching up to his upper body, there is hope.

Either way, in my opinion there isn't even a remote chance that he is going to be a contributor this season, even if management foolishly believes he can be.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I thought Jalen Smith needed only another season to develop and become a rotation player I'd be hesitant to trade him. It's a big "if" though.

There are other ways to add depth. The Suns do have an open roster spot and some modest assets.

The Catch 22, I have not seen enough from him to make be think so. Maybe his play in preseason gives a hint.

The other side of the equation, the Suns are in win-now mode with Chris Paul. It could be trading for a veteran player and future salary cap relief might be worth more to the team than betting on the upside of a young player.

Maybe there is more riding on preseason than we realize.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As near I can determine the Suns @ Kings game will likely not be televised by Bally Sports Arizona as previously indicated in the first post on thread.

It's a downer as I wanted to watch the game.

Probably listen on radio via Arizona Sports if nothing changes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is something to check out. It might help someone.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave