Pistons @ Suns Wednesday game thread 2-14-2024

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didnt watch but 31-17 forth quarter for a garbage team like Detroit is appalling. Whst happened?? Starters were rested?

7 points for Book. Did he get hurt?

So you just want a recap on the game thread in a single post?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didnt watch but 31-17 forth quarter for a garbage team like Detroit is appalling. Whst happened?? Starters were rested?

7 points for Book. Did he get hurt?

Devin Booker only played 5 minutes because he was ejected by the referees after a couple of quick technicals.

The game was over after the 1st quarter.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
100% agree on Sophie but I don't hate Anne. She is a bit dry but super knowledgeable.

Annie is knowledgeable and shares some quality insight but she's so dry that she puts me to sleep, literally. Thankfully we got rid of the lesser Albert brother but I genuinely felt sorry for her having to work with him. I couldn't handle those games at all. Now with Sophie taking on a more active role in the booth though I think Annie as a 3rd person who shares some observations is fine.

Sophie has grown on me. She seemed really tentative and more like a guest at first but she really shined tonight in a prominent role. Her voice is great also. She has the potential to be a great commentator.

I really like the Suns commentary team for the first time in decades though. I never liked Leander, hated Albert, and found Annie boring. K-Ray has grown a lot. EJ is one of the best in the business with his insight and humor. Sophie adds some modern knowledge and a nice balance to the booth.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Anybody know what Booker said to get thrown out? It had to be pretty mild. You could hear him talking on the Detroit broadcast except for the last sentence that got him thrown out but it was all said in a very low key manner. Somebody asked who the technical was on and Booker said it was on him and then he said one more thing while pointing back at the ref and then the baseline official instantly tossed him.

I guess the refs figured the fans would rather watch Saben Lee than Devin Booker.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Annie is knowledgeable and shares some quality insight but she's so dry that she puts me to sleep, literally. Thankfully we got rid of the lesser Albert brother but I genuinely felt sorry for her having to work with him. I couldn't handle those games at all. Now with Sophie taking on a more active role in the booth though I think Annie as a 3rd person who shares some observations is fine.

Sophie has grown on me. She seemed really tentative and more like a guest at first but she really shined tonight in a prominent role. Her voice is great also. She has the potential to be a great commentator.

I really like the Suns commentary team for the first time in decades though. I never liked Leander, hated Albert, and found Annie boring. K-Ray has grown a lot. EJ is one of the best in the business with his insight and humor. Sophie adds some modern knowledge and a nice balance to the booth.

Sophie can take over for Amanda.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty being Monty in regard to the Eubanks-Stewart incident.

Actually I agree with him, it's best not to draw a quick judgement, although I appreciate the Suns standing behind their player.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The referee responds on why Devin Booker was ejected when questioned.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anybody know what Booker said to get thrown out? It had to be pretty mild. You could hear him talking on the Detroit broadcast except for the last sentence that got him thrown out but it was all said in a very low key manner. Somebody asked who the technical was on and Booker said it was on him and then he said one more thing while pointing back at the ref and then the baseline official instantly tossed him.

I guess the refs figured the fans would rather watch Saben Lee than Devin Booker.

“Hey I said get out” pointing and talking to another player. It didn’t look like he was addressing a ref at all.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Did Foster or Brothers reffed?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Vogel speaks out about the Booker ejection, reportedly calling it BS.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a video of Devin Booker's ejection.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isaiah Stewart was arrested by Phoenix Police.

Superbone

Reaction score
Yep that’s when book said “hey, I said get out”.
That makes no sense as to why Booker would be ejected. Because he said anything? In the question and answer with the lead ref that Main posted above, the official said he was thrown out for saying something disparaging about the official. This statement doesn’t fit that narrative. It also doesn’t make any sense in context. Who is Booker telling to “get out”?

Last edited:

Superbone

Reaction score
You know what? I don’t care. It was stupid and may be rescinded. We won and are on the all-star break and don’t play again for a week. Moving on…

Superbone

Reaction score
Maybe he said “Go to hell.” Or “Get help.” I listened a few times and couldn’t really make it out as he turns his head. Whatever he said, I agree with Vogel that it was BS.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The referee responds on why Devin Booker was ejected when questioned.

If that is the case, they need to be T’ing up LeBron, Giannis, all the Warriors, etc nightly

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If that is the case, they need to be T’ing up LeBron, Giannis, all the Warriors, etc nightly

There is working the refs and there is antagonizing them. Chris Paul antagonizes and LeBron works em. He chums them up all game long, nods at them whenever they make a call his way, especially when it's a terrible call, and acts like it's the end of the world when they make a crucial call against him... but he also doesn't insult them, he just acts like the biggest drama queen in the world.

Paul on the other hand needles them, waves his hand at them, rolls his eyes, when he gets a call in his favor he is more likely to mock the player called for the foul than praise the ref for the call.

Booker, unfortunately, is more like Paul, and he's been that way his entire career (he didn't learn it from Paul sadly, but the behavior is similar).

Working the refs, charming the refs, it's a skill, and one of the few skills that Booker lacks.

I'm not saying that Booker's ejection was justified, but I do think Booker needs to get a LOT better at dealing with the refs and keeping his cool when things are not going his way.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Sophie is easy on the eyes

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Didn't see the Booker toss, sounds like BS. However, I personally think he complains too much, so maybe this will help.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There is working the refs and there is antagonizing them. Chris Paul antagonizes and LeBron works em. He chums them up all game long, nods at them whenever they make a call his way, especially when it's a terrible call, and acts like it's the end of the world when they make a crucial call against him... but he also doesn't insult them, he just acts like the biggest drama queen in the world.

Paul on the other hand needles them, waves his hand at them, rolls his eyes, when he gets a call in his favor he is more likely to mock the player called for the foul than praise the ref for the call.

Booker, unfortunately, is more like Paul, and he's been that way his entire career (he didn't learn it from Paul sadly, but the behavior is similar).

Working the refs, charming the refs, it's a skill, and one of the few skills that Booker lacks.

I'm not saying that Booker's ejection was justified, but I do think Booker needs to get a LOT better at dealing with the refs and keeping his cool when things are not going his way.
Dude it was 5 MINITES INTO THE GAME. The refs would have us believe that he was "warned" multiple times but the video evidence was there. That call was horsecrap.