Pistons @ Suns Wednesday game thread 2-14-2024

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Wednesday, the Suns play the Pistons on the second night of back-to-back games before the All-Star break.

The Pistons are 8-45. They are playing on the second night of back-to-back games as well. They lost to the Lakers on Tuesday.

Phoenix is now 32-22 after beating the Kings.

When: Wednesday, 2-14-2024

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7:00 PM Arizona time

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As noted in the Kings game thread, Bradley Beal is OUT for the Pistons game with a reported a left hamstring strain.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bad news, Detroit is playing much better recently. The good news, they were a legendarily bad team for most of the season so "much better" should be kept in perspective. Still, they've split their last 4 road games with their losses coming at the 2 LA teams. And they were surprisingly competitive against the Clippers where they blew a 4th quarter lead to lose by 6. IOW, it's not a night to mail it in. Hit them hard, take advantage of a team playing their 5th straight road game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ill be having a fun vday evenin with my gf ton

But hopin for a good vday gm.from suns want to see big gms by nurik book kd and new players ftom trade

Happy vday to all az sports fans :)

Im still thrilled over kings w :)

Not watching twilight or notebook though both those movies super criing lol vday topic

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't help but get some Spurs, Wizards, and Blazer vibes for this game. We need a W to help build separation in the standings between us and the play in teams. I don't think home court in round 1 is likely with how well the Clippers, Thunder, Nuggets, and Wolves are playing. We're 4 games behind the 4 seed but tied with the Pelicans for the 5th spot. We need to take this game to head into the break with some confidence and control of our own destiny. We shouldn't rely on tie breakers for seeding purposes.

We also need this W to prove we don't need Beal to rush back also.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want to say the 2023-24 team is not one of my favorite Suns teams. Notwithstanding that the bench was just substantially rebuilt, this is not particularly a group of hardened, tested professionals like the 2010 team (my favorite Suns team ever); nor a so-close group of lovable losers like the 2013-14 team; nor a group of beloved longtime stars teamed with a superstar like the 1992-93 team; nor a group famously great at closing like Chris Paul's. Nor does it run an innovative offense like the SSOL teams; nor does it play notably good defense like I'm pretty sure they said Chris Paul's best Suns team played. I saw another Suns site call this team's offense "explosive"; I snorted at that.

Instead, it feels like this team was designed to win by the brute force of several superstars. The new owner and front office put some other superstars together with Devin Booker, told them "here, go nuts" and dumped a bunch of random CBA-worthy players, most of whom I had never heard of, onto the bench. That's all there is to the team. Again, notwithstanding the new bench, this team is so top-heavy that it makes Steve Nash's teams look balanced.

I like this team well enough, but there are definitely other Suns teams I have enjoyed more.
This team hasn’t been together long enough for bonding. They are starting to grow on me but they haven’t done anything yet.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bradley Beal as expected is OUT tonight.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't help but get some Spurs, Wizards, and Blazer vibes for this game. We need a W to help build separation in the standings between us and the play in teams. I don't think home court in round 1 is likely with how well the Clippers, Thunder, Nuggets, and Wolves are playing. We're 4 games behind the 4 seed but tied with the Pelicans for the 5th spot. We need to take this game to head into the break with some confidence and control of our own destiny. We shouldn't rely on tie breakers for seeding purposes.

We also need this W to prove we don't need Beal to rush back also.
Disagree top 4 seed is totally within reach especially when you consider we play those teams still. Anything can happen in the second half already seen stars go down like Embid, Clippers have been strangely healthy this year does that continue? Wolves are not as good as their record we kicked their asses when we weren’t even at full strength! Thunder are young reminds me of sac town last year, Denver is likely the only team to keep up their pace but even Murray is an injury waiting to happen! It’s all a crap shoot in the NBA anyone can go down and derail a team on any given night. Keep gelling and incorporate the new guys and get a solidified rotation for the most part and we will win a lot of games!

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
The bad news, Detroit is playing much better recently. The good news, they were a legendarily bad team for most of the season so "much better" should be kept in perspective. Still, they've split their last 4 road games with their losses coming at the 2 LA teams. And they were surprisingly competitive against the Clippers where they blew a 4th quarter lead to lose by 6. IOW, it's not a night to mail it in. Hit them hard, take advantage of a team playing their 5th straight road game.
In fact, it's the very definition of a trap game going into the all-star break.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew Eubanks says he will play tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Vogel says Bradley Beal's hamstring issue is not believed to be too serious. He is to rehab it during the All-Star break.

Also, the plan is to have the nose procedure done as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the police are going to be involved. Interesting.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree top 4 seed is totally within reach especially when you consider we play those teams still. Anything can happen in the second half already seen stars go down like Embid, Clippers have been strangely healthy this year does that continue? Wolves are not as good as their record we kicked their asses when we weren’t even at full strength! Thunder are young reminds me of sac town last year, Denver is likely the only team to keep up their pace but even Murray is an injury waiting to happen! It’s all a crap shoot in the NBA anyone can go down and derail a team on any given night. Keep gelling and incorporate the new guys and get a solidified rotation for the most part and we will win a lot of games!

And we're not healthy and haven't been able to stay healthy. So now the switch is supposed to flip and we stay healthy while everyone else falls apart? Might want to tell that to the training staff after giving the message to Bradley Beal.

It's fine to be optimistic but I've seen a team all year play down to the competition. There's a reason we're in the bottom half of the west and it's not as simple as we've had injuries and others haven't because that's not true. We've lucked out and played a number of good teams missing key players but we haven't exactly beat anyone worth bragging about all year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the Suns starting lineup.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics