Obtainable Point Guards this off-season

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Rubio just became much more obtainable. Not that the Suns should get him, but he is most definitely changing teams this summer.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is more. The trade includes a first round pick by the Jazz.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They didn’t really give up much for Conley as I suspected would be the case. Good move by Utah.

Especially given their win now window. It wouldn't have made much sense for us but it's a smart move on their part with very little risk.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We could have topped that offer easily with a package built around Warren and Johnson.

And then we'd have a player that didn't want to be here. I doubt Memphis would have even made a deal with a team that didn't meet Conley's approval given their long and close relationship. Mike expressly wanted to go to a playoff team, not a rebuilding one.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Utah only paying that much for Conley says that Warren, JJ, and the #6 aren't being shopped or the Suns didn't want Conley. I feel like that package from the Suns is much better than Korver, Crowder, and Grayson plus #23.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Utah only paying that much for Conley says that Warren, JJ, and the #6 aren't being shopped or the Suns didn't want Conley. I feel like that package from the Suns is much better than Korver, Crowder, and Grayson plus #23.
For a rebuilding team, absolutely.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Not even #23. A highly protected future first.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Everything Gambo is saying they don't want to have an expensive PG. Conley is a very expensive PG

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think it's this year's 23 and a protected future first.

Check Adrian Wojnarowski's tweet posted by Mainstreet above. It's just the protected future first rounder. It seems that everybody but the Suns is resourceful enough to acquire the high level player they need for pennies on the dollar...

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Check Adrian Wojnarowski's tweet posted by Mainstreet above. It's just the protected future first rounder. It seems that everybody but the Suns is resourceful enough to acquire the high level player they need for pennies on the dollar...

A protected first rounder that is structured to likely convey in 2022.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everything Gambo is saying they don't want to have an expensive PG. Conley is a very expensive PG

The cost of a PG would be different in a trade vs free agency. They don't want to spend a lot on a PG in free agency because there are very few worth that much but if they could trade some salaries for a PG like Conley then it doesn't cost nearly as much, especially with them dumping Warren and TJ like he's said they want to do. They would still have roughly the same cap figure left to make a move for a PF and PG would be addressed by the trade.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they will end up skimping and settling for the same garbage they have put on the court for the past five seasons...

Right now I am just hoping Tyus Jones is the plan because he could be really good next to Booker and Minnesota is in a bad place with cap.

However, they are shouting from the rooftops this plan:

#1. Draft either White, Culver, Hunter, or Clarke

#2. Take an mediocre starting PG from free agency on a cheap deal

#3. Keep Tyler Johnson (Gambo has been calling him a good player for 2 days) and let him play with the Mediocre guard

#4. Sign Oubre to a big deal

#5. Use MLE on a PF

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cost of a PG would be different in a trade vs free agency. They don't want to spend a lot on a PG in free agency because there are very few worth that much but if they could trade some salaries for a PG like Conley then it doesn't cost nearly as much, especially with them dumping Warren and TJ like he's said they want to do. They would still have roughly the same cap figure left to make a move for a PF and PG would be addressed by the trade.

I meant salary wise. He has said multiple times they don't want a high salaried player next to Booker.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Right now I am just hoping Tyus Jones is the plan because he could be really good next to Booker and Minnesota is in a bad place with cap.

However, they are shouting from the rooftops this plan:

#1. Draft either White, Culver, Hunter, or Clarke

#2. Take an mediocre starting PG from free agency on a cheap deal

#3. Keep Tyler Johnson (Gambo has been calling him a good player for 2 days) and let him play with the Mediocre guard

#4. Sign Oubre to a big deal

#5. Use MLE on a PF

Yep, only I don't think they even use the MLE on a PF. I think/fear they are going to blow the MLE on Cory Joseph and settle for a guard rotation of Booker, Johnson, Joseph and White/Culver.

I have no clue what they intend to do at PF.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson