Let the new season begin.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the Super Bowl brought some things to the forefront for me.

We need some bad ass defensive lineman. We need to add at least 1 stud, maybe 2, like Wilkins. Then add a couple of draft picks and keep the strongest of what’s on the current roster. Even with that it’s going to take time for them to mesh and early returns might disappoint.

I think this offense is very close to getting very good rather quickly which will in turn help the defense.
I’ve said it in other post but adding a guy like the 49ers Jennings would be good, but I see he is a RFA so I’d take a different route. There are others like Chark, Osborn and Reynolds that would be great along side MJH. Wr room fixed.

The O-line. There are lots of ways this could go. DJ is assumed NA. Do we dare draft 3 offensive players with our first 3 picks? A wr, OT and guard? I say no.
After MHJ( or Odunze?) there’s been some chatter about drafting the center (Johnson) and moving Fro to guard. Hmmm.
I think I’d rather sign an experienced f/a guard, draft a right tackle with 27 and move PJJ to the left side. Keep the best of the rest. O-line good.

In addition to that add a RB. There are plenty in the draft that would fit the same mold as Connor. It would be awesome to be able to spell Connor and save some tread.

I’m never right about any of this and I’m pretty sure my “ plan” won’t be followed. However, I really believe with these moves, even if the names change, we can be competitive and actually be playing games in December that really matter.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After watching the game last night, I hope we don't overpay a guy like Jennings. He's a RFA and someone will overpay after his performance.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
After watching the game last night, I hope we don't overpay a guy like Jennings. He's a RFA and someone will overpay after his performance.
Nah. No one will give up a pick for him. He's the fifth option in their passing game. If he gets an original-round tender you give up a 7th for him (which is probably a great value). If he gets a second round tender you watch him for another year and see what happens.

Bro has 78 receptions for his career. He had 19 receptions this season. No one is handing this guy a bag.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah. No one will give up a pick for him. He's the fifth option in their passing game. If he gets an original-round tender you give up a 7th for him (which is probably a great value). If he gets a second round tender you watch him for another year and see what happens.

Bro has 78 receptions for his career. He had 19 receptions this season. No one is handing this guy a bag.
But can the 49ers afford to pay him? I guess it'll be interesting to see. All it takes is one desperate team that is very WR hungry with a young franchise QB.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
But can the 49ers afford to pay him? I guess it'll be interesting to see. All it takes is one desperate team that is very WR hungry with a young franchise QB.
Second round tender is $4.6 million; right of first refusal is $2.8 million.

We'll see on where the salary cap lands for all these franchises. I don't know how you can be thinking about this dude and not worried at all about someone taking a shot on Greg Dortch. I can't imagine paying Greg Dortch $2.8 million, but I think we're going to do it.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second round tender is $4.6 million; right of first refusal is $2.8 million.

We'll see on where the salary cap lands for all these franchises. I don't know how you can be thinking about this dude and not worried at all about someone taking a shot on Greg Dortch. I can't imagine paying Greg Dortch $2.8 million, but I think we're going to do it.
He's is big WR and had played in 45 of 50 possible games, while playing behind Deebo and Aiyuk. I'd pay Jennjngs $4.6 million before I'd pay Dortch $2.8 million, but I know I'm in the minority there.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He's is big WR and had played in 45 of 50 possible games, while playing behind Deebo and Aiyuk. I'd pay Jennjngs $4.6 million before I'd pay Dortch $2.8 million, but I know I'm in the minority there.
I guess? I mean, it's hard to get injured when you're rarely on the field? He's never played 50% of the offensive snaps in a season, and he doesn't play special teams.

This guy is Zach Pascal.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess? I mean, it's hard to get injured when you're rarely on the field? He's never played 50% of the offensive snaps in a season, and he doesn't play special teams.

This guy is Zach Pascal.
I agree that is who he is. I just more curious to see what a good SB performance does. He stepped up in the biggest stage, so I think someone will make a run. I'm wrong a lot, so who knows.

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't remember him throwing a TD pass though, did I miss this? Or is this wrong.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I agree that is who he is. I just more curious to see what a good SB performance does. He stepped up in the biggest stage, so I think someone will make a run. I'm wrong a lot, so who knows.

I don't remember him throwing a TD pass though, did I miss this? Or is this wrong.

He's the one who threw the ball to CMC.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’m extremely skeptical a 4/42 performance moves the needle all that much. It’s not like he went WR Timmy Smith in the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sticking to my guns. I don’t want Brown. He’s the most expensive “ too small” receiver on this team.
We need some size at wr. If we draft MHJ and put it all on him it will be a huge mistake. Gabe Davis is big fast and would command respect by opposing defenses. Pick your poison, but I’ve seen enough of Brown.
That being said, Brown will be a Cardinal next week and I hope beyond hope I’m wrong.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I'm perfectly okay with Hollywood as our #2 WR at the right price...as long as he's on the field with 6'2 Michael Wilson and either 6'3 Rome Odunze or 6'4 MHJ.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watching the Super Bowl brought some things to the forefront for me.

We need some bad ass defensive lineman. We need to add at least 1 stud, maybe 2, like Wilkins. Then add a couple of draft picks and keep the strongest of what’s on the current roster. Even with that it’s going to take time for them to mesh and early returns might disappoint.

I think this offense is very close to getting very good rather quickly which will in turn help the defense.
I’ve said it in other post but adding a guy like the 49ers Jennings would be good, but I see he is a RFA so I’d take a different route. There are others like Chark, Osborn and Reynolds that would be great along side MJH. Wr room fixed.

The O-line. There are lots of ways this could go. DJ is assumed NA. Do we dare draft 3 offensive players with our first 3 picks? A wr, OT and guard? I say no.
After MHJ( or Odunze?) there’s been some chatter about drafting the center (Johnson) and moving Fro to guard. Hmmm.
I think I’d rather sign an experienced f/a guard, draft a right tackle with 27 and move PJJ to the left side. Keep the best of the rest. O-line good.

In addition to that add a RB. There are plenty in the draft that would fit the same mold as Connor. It would be awesome to be able to spell Connor and save some tread.

I’m never right about any of this and I’m pretty sure my “ plan” won’t be followed. However, I really believe with these moves, even if the names change, we can be competitive and actually be playing games in December that really matter.
I saw great CB play but you didn’t mention CBs in your acquisition plan?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson