Not showing the running game tonight

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
Have you noticed this? It's because coach knows we have no QB this season so why show any of our running game. Geeze ML sucks. No more excuses.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
Is this a joke? Have you seen how little time Leinart has had? And maybe we aren't showing the running game because its gone for negative yards to this point. This one is on the o-line

OP
OP
8ndkorner

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
Is this a joke? Have you seen how little time Leinart has had? And maybe we aren't showing the running game because its gone for negative yards to this point. This one is on the o-line

It's interesting how the offense moved once they put DA in. Should have been 7 if DA had more touch on the TD throw. Coach stuck him in with the starting defense for a reason. ML's days are numbered because we have a smart coach. Well except for the fact that we really have no backup plan at QB because I'm not a big fan of DA either.
Maybe we should play the rookie this season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's interesting how the offense moved once they put DA in. Should have been 7 if DA had more touch on the TD throw. Coach stuck him in with the starting defense for a reason. ML's days are numbered because we have a smart coach. Well except for the fact that we really have no backup plan at QB because I'm not a big fan of DA either.
Maybe we should play the rookie this season.

We must be watching different games. On that drive Anderson had one positive play--the bomb. Now, if Williams runs the correct route for Leinart, chances are good he catches a bomb from Leinart. Then Anderson gaffes on two straight passes into the end zone. And suddenly the offensive line starts giving a QB a few more heartbeats to throw the ball...but Leinart didn't get that time.

Wake up and stop being biased. If anything, the offensive line, which has been truly offensive, should be blasted, not Leinart.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Wake up and stop being biased. If anything, the offensive line, which has been truly offensive, should be blasted, not Leinart.

:thumbup:

The offensive line is becoming a bigger worry than any other unit on the field right now. Can't open holes, can't give the QB time, penalties, missed reads...ugh.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

The offensive line is becoming a bigger worry than any other unit on the field right now. Can't open holes, can't give the QB time, penalties, missed reads...ugh.
Isn't Whiz's and Grimms philosophy in pre-season not to make any line calls and just block the guy in front of you? I know i've heard them say this before. That's why i don't get too worked up about pre-season, no matter how bad it looks.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

And it was nice to see 75 work on both his turnstile block and false starts again.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Isn't Whiz's and Grimms philosophy in pre-season not to make any line calls and just block the guy in front of you? I know i've heard them say this before. That's why i don't get too worked up about pre-season, no matter how bad it looks.

Would that be why Levi 'Moron' Brown blocked down on the man in front of the guard instead of the guy rushing the line right in front of him? Which led to a free shot on Leinart?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Yeah this would be a great idea except for getting your QB killed or maimed in a preseason game.

I've officially begun to hate our preseasons, this is like some kind of torture chamber and it can't be good for our players attitudes.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If our offensive line doesn't get it turned around by Sept 12, we will be embarassed by the Rams. It's been by FAR the worst part of the team. I knew it would have rocky moments with that many position changes. But, the guys are losing too many one-on-one battles too. It's not all scheme problems.

Too much focus on the QB IMO.

FJM

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe we need more movies.
I wonder if the 49'ers go to the movies???

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im starting to think that Whiz is happy with ML and is limiting his time so as not to show much. Only reason he would keep him in for three drives.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Im starting to think that Whiz is happy with ML and is limiting his time so as not to show much. Only reason he would keep him in for three drives.

Is he doing the same with Beanie?

Is it just me or should we be featuring Beanie this year (no offense to Timmy)? I fully expect Beanie to be the starter opening day...