Not Overreacting

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both 49ers and Bengals scouting teams are better than Cards.

Bengals are financially about same as Bidwills. 49ers are superior.

Almost always they had great talent at certain spots during their rebuild years too.

This Cardinals team has no pro bowlers this year except may be McBride.

Not able to have any starer on the defense that is irreplaceable in 2024 shows the plan for 2023 has failed in some aspects.
Looked at the poster.

Didn’t look at the post.

Have a good day.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m fully convinced people would rather be the Steelers of the past 5 years. Or the Saints the past 3 years. Just wallowing in the middle & not being a real contender, but hey we had a winning record just to do enough. That’s cute I guess.

What is wrong with Steelers? They still make playoffs almost every year.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The 49ers went through a rebuild/tank to get where they are at.

The Bengals went through a rebuild/tank to get where they are at.

It’s like you guys believe Monti had a 1 year limit to turn this around. I understand if were in year 3 of Monti, but we’re barely in year 1.

It’s so weird. It’s like you guys acknowledged this will be a bad team this year, but still get mad at the fact that it’s a bad team. It’s almost as if one predicted to go 2-15, but are still very upset the team didn’t go 10-7.
what about the culture change tho - might not be as important if we're planning to flip the roster anyway but have we not noticed a decline in heart and play?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just hope MO doesn’t try to fix everything this off season.
Fix one thing. Fix this damn offense. Draft MHJ. Sign a legitimate #2 free agent wr. Add a legitimate guard. We should even consider a qb in the second or third round.
If all the pieces are in place maybe Kyler can excel. If he doesn’t then maybe a rookie can step in ala Stroud and be effective.
There will still be plenty of draft picks to shore up the defense.
But first and foremost FIX THIS DAMN OFFENSE.

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
Both 49ers and Bengals scouting teams are better than Cards.

Bengals are financially about same as Bidwills. 49ers are superior.

Almost always they had great talent at certain spots during their rebuild years too.

This Cardinals team has no pro bowlers this year except may be McBride.

Not able to have any starer on the defense that is irreplaceable in 2024 shows the plan for 2023 has failed in some aspects.
How do we know that. This new regime is just finishing its 1st year. This year draft will be with their scouting department.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Monti is going to prove to be a decent\good GM. He may not ever be voted GM of the year like SK was (once or twice?). He seems to have certainly set us up to have good draft posturing for next year. We should get some decent players from the draft. He has also put us in a pretty decent position for FA money wise?

I expect next year to be a considerable improvement over this year, coaching included.

:newcards::thewave:
I know you are offering your opinion but what makes you think Monti will be decent or good? Just because he has extra picks?

I will freely admit this upcoming offseason is going to tell everyone a bunch about Monti but nothing up to this point leads me to think he is decent or good…It’s just incomplete

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do we know that. This new regime is just finishing its 1st year. This year draft will be with their scouting department.
I thought there were articles attesting to the fact that they kept pretty much the same scouting department as the previous regime.

And their first draft so far is nothing to write home about. Paris looks like a solid player, but pretty much no one else has distinguished themselves much at all. I mean, we can pencil in Ojulari, Wilson and Williams as starters next year... but none of them have shown enough to think they're going to own those positions or make a major impact.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought there were articles attesting to the fact that they kept pretty much the same scouting department as the previous regime.

And their first draft so far is nothing to write home about. Paris looks like a solid player, but pretty much no one else has distinguished themselves much at all. I mean, we can pencil in Ojulari, Wilson and Williams as starters next year... but none of them have shown enough to think they're going to own those positions or make a major impact.
Yeah it’s early but give it time, appears to be a smarter approach. Paris looks to be a fixture in the Oline for years and others have flashed. Kiem would have took another LB lol…

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cover the 12.5 points at home?

Christian McCaffery has 13 TDs against every other team in the NFL and seven against us.

Not having multiple plays where Brock Purdy was throwing to guys who were essentially alone on the screen?

If the theme is we should strive for general competence, this performance fell into the 2022 Houston Texans category.
So you say we have a chance to become 2023 texans next year?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And 200 yards rushing. McBride got open at will too.

This isn't as important as you think it is. They were letting us run because they knew we couldn't keep pace, so they were happy to let us put a comeback further and further out of reach. Same with McBride accounting for 48% of our passing yards. Great for fantasy players; not much impact on the game script.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This isn't as important as you think it is. They were letting us run because they knew we couldn't keep pace, so they were happy to let us put a comeback further and further out of reach. Same with McBride accounting for 48% of our passing yards. Great for fantasy players; not much impact on the game script.
So much nonsense here. I'm sure the Niners loved watching Demercado scamper nearly untouched for a long TD.

Reaction score
the Cards current starting D is comprised of:

three DLs who were street FAs who basically make the league minimum

the two inside LBs make a $1mm a year, just a touch above the league minimum

the two OLBs are Denis Gardeck and Zaven Collins, with some BJ Ojulari thrown in

the starting CBs are a rookie UDFA (Starling Thomas), a rookie 3rd rounder coming off an ACL and a journeyman in Antonio Hamilton.

there is no defensive scheme or game plan that can consistently compensate for this.

i see posts that feel like the poster is surprised the defense is bad. I think we should be surprised when the D plays well for stretches
This is what I don't get. Everyone knows our roster is poo but want to complain when they play like poo.

Reaction score
Did they let us score on the opening drive as well?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are complaining because there was no reason we had to purposefully have a roster pretty much full of nothing but poo.
Other than Keim left a cupboard full of poo. I like Monti's draft, and glad we didn't sign high-priced free agents that would have gotten us maybe one more win (if any were available).

Reaction score
People are complaining because there was no reason we had to purposefully have a roster pretty much full of nothing but poo.
I thought that was decided already that they needed to clean up the cap & establish a much better culture? That was MO's #1 priority with winning being the #2? Then evaluate the roster so they know what they need going in to next year to win.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The 49ers went through a rebuild/tank to get where they are at.

The Bengals went through a rebuild/tank to get where they are at.

It’s like you guys believe Monti had a 1 year limit to turn this around. I understand if were in year 3 of Monti, but we’re barely in year 1.

It’s so weird. It’s like you guys acknowledged this will be a bad team this year, but still get mad at the fact that it’s a bad team. It’s almost as if one predicted to go 2-15, but are still very upset the team didn’t go 10-7.
It's also possible that some people who were fine with a rebuild aren't happy about how this particular rebuild is going.

What players outside of McBride are showing noticeable improvement from last year? What has this coaching staff shown to indicate they are the right people to turn around this disaster of a ship? Or Monti? His 2023 draft class gets a lot of hype these days, but the production from the rookies hit a wall weeks ago. He gambled big on the Texans having a high pick next year, and that has gone as poorly as possible.

Of course things can still get better, but being critical of how the process has gone so far is way different than being upset this team won't win 10 games this season.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't care who wants to pick a fight, I said 4 and I meant 4 dammit!!! So, one more win and I'm Nostradumbass!!! Yay me.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's also possible that some people who were fine with a rebuild aren't happy about how this particular rebuild is going.
How else is a rebuild supposed to go? It hasn’t even been a whole year yet. Those “some” aren’t fine with a rebuild, they wanted to continue to repair a torn Achilles with alcohol.
What players outside of McBride are showing noticeable improvement from last year? What has this coaching staff shown to indicate they are the right people to turn around this disaster of a ship? Or Monti? His 2023 draft class gets a lot of hype these days, but the production from the rookies hit a wall weeks ago. He gambled big on the Texans having a high pick next year, and that has gone as poorly as possible.
Why are you asking this like it’s been 3 years under Monti? I would completely understand this if it’s been 3 years under Monti which aka would have given him plenty of time to bring players in. Plenty of time to judge him. It hasn’t. I’m so confused. Did you guys have a 1 year expectation of Monti before making your final decision? Cause damn, it seems like it.

Monti has barely made his own breakfast meal & yet most of you guys are ready to grade breakfast, lunch, & dinner.