MLB Steroid Melodrama

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rumors are circulating that it's Damon and Clemens. Here is an article about Damon saying he does not use steroids.

Damon comes clean
By Jeff Horrigan
Sunday, August 7, 2005 - Updated: 12:30 PM EST

MINNEAPOLIS - Rumors are circulating that another star player is about to join Baltimore Orioles first baseman Rafael Palmeiro and be implicated for the use of banned, performance-enhancing drugs, but it appears unlikely he will come from the Red Sox.

The drug testers have already been through the Sox' clubhouse three times this season, which would appear to indicate that the randomly tested players are clean. Over 1,000 big league players have been tested so far and a small percentage of samples reportedly has not been analyzed. More tests are expected to be conducted during the final two months of the season.

``I don't know what everyone does off the field ,'' said Red Sox player representative Johnny Damon prior to last night's 4-3 loss to the Minnesota Twins. ``I hope it never happens here but you just never know.''

Damon, tested twice already this season, was disappointed by Palmeiro, who is eligible to return from his suspension Thursday.

``We just can't believe he did something like that,'' Damon said. ``It goes to show how much it's overtaken the game and how much it's probably helped a whole lot of players to stay on the field and be able to keep playing and hit all of those home runs, and have all of that extra confidence.''

Damon joked that his body could use a booster shot of some sort. Manager Terry Francona is leaning toward resting the center fielder for today's series finale, partly to rest his aching lower back and right shoulder, and partly due to the problems he had last year picking up the ball off the bat during day games at the Metrodome.

Part of last year's problem was the lingering effects of a concussion he suffered in the 2003 playoffs. Damon estimated his vision has improved 50 percent this season.

``I do think that I can see the ball better now, but right now, my body is shot,'' Damon said.

Djaughe

Reaction score
...still no word in my neck of the woods....

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
MikeOnTheMic said:
Is this still "supposed" to go down today???

not without dinner and possibly a little alcohol

:|

HooverDam

Reaction score
Its not Steve Finley, he's only on one kind of juice, handsome juice*

*Not gay I swear, but come on, look at the man!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
Its not Steve Finley, he's only on one kind of juice, handsome juice*

*Not gay I swear, but come on, look at the man!

Did you check Finley's stats this past year? He sucked bigtime. The Diamondbacks were smart enough not to sign him for 16 million dollars last year.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Zona90 said:
Did you check Finley's stats this past year? He sucked bigtime. The Diamondbacks were smart enough not to sign him for 16 million dollars last year.

I didnt say he had good numbers, only that he was handsome.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
I didnt say he had good numbers, only that he was handsome.

MLB starts the steroid testing last year and Finley's #'s go down. Maybe it's just a coincidence but that is why I mentioned him.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
The D-Backs did try to sign him and the Halos saved them form their stupidity. Garret Anderson is also a possibility.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
I think that the most logical choice would be Sheffield. He was already called before the grand jury, and used to work out with Bonds.

FinleyLover

Veteran
Reaction score
Absolute BS!! Has anyone paid attention to the awful year he just had? I think he finished under/around .200. I know he was injured early, and isn't one of the benefits of certain roids that it makes the healing process quicker? (why Damon has had suspicions surrounding him in the past because he seems to heal so quickly)
Besides Steve has a well documented body conditioning/training regime that he has modified and continually improved and been using since his early days in AZ. There were some articles written around 2002-2003 I think, where a reporter went to his home in Del Mar and followed the program (or tried to) and he stated his admiration of Steve's committment to a healthy lifestyle and top notch conditioning. I don't think for a second it is him.
Those of you who know me shouldn't be surprised by this, but just had to say something. No matter who it is, this whole thing has become a witch hunt, and the innocent ones many times get caught in the cross fire from speculation.

AZZenny

Reaction score
I was more interested in the 'Handsome Juice.' I have some folks I'd like to give that to for Xmas - where do you get it? (And you may not be gay, HooverDam, but that sure is a weird line of comments!)

I'd put Fins at the lower edge of my list of steroid-probables, personally. Not the body-type, doesn't do weight-lifting hardly at all, and not the mind-set.

What I want to know is how Gonzo is going to achieve his offseason goal of being in the best shape of his career.

HooverDam

Reaction score
AZZenny said:
I was more interested in the 'Handsome Juice.' I have some folks I'd like to give that to for Xmas - where do you get it? (And you may not be gay, HooverDam, but that sure is a weird line of comments!)

I dunno, made it up I guess. Although every female I know who knows of Steve Finley thinks he is great looking, so I guess I was just concuring.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumors around Chicago all year have been about Aaron Rowand, but his power #s were way off. Sheffield is a logical. Damon has huge rumors. Dye finally had an injury free year and looked bigger than ever. Had some really long half swing jacks this year. :eek:

aznando

Rookie
Reaction score
FinleyLover said:
Well of course he is great looking, but that has nothing to do with his playing abilities. There are alot of great players, but they fall short in the looks dept.

I think he's a Sexy Bitch personaly, but I can't imagine him being on the Roids. Not the right body type, not a big weight guy. He's more an endurance and flexability guy. Damon would be a guy I would suspect, but who knows.

Aznando

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard