Slow & Steady 2 Year Plan

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting question for the board regarding the DJ mock.

Would you prefer Jared Verse at 11 or Byron Murphy? I ask because I feel that most posters on here had Murphy rated higher.

I like both. But DT's often take years to develop and Murphy might be DT3 or 4 in most classes.

So I'd take Verse.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
In Jeremiah's trade, the Cards are basically trading Marvin for Verse and Thomas. NO THANK YOU.
That would be worse than a Suggs type trade. The best rated player in the draft for 2 lesser rated question marks.
You guys do realize that minus the premium placed on QB's, Harrison is the #1 player in the draft.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Would you prefer Jared Verse at 11 or Byron Murphy? I ask because I feel that most posters on here had Murphy rated higher.

Verse was a late bloomer but he could be a game changer off the edge year one whereas Murphy might as well but DT’s out of college just always scare me. I think it’s one of the tougher positions to evaluate given their weight, scheme, competition etc whereas other positions are more black and white to project.

I think Marv is the plan at 4 and we use a 3rd to trade up from 27 for an edge if they start coming off the board fast. Seems like Monty’s plan is stacking up on competent DT’s in FA.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Murphy.

I don’t think it would be a reach at all there either.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Verse was a late bloomer but he could be a game changer off the edge year one whereas Murphy might as well but DT’s out of college just always scare me. I think it’s one of the tougher positions to evaluate given their weight, scheme, competition etc whereas other positions are more black and white to project.

I think Marv is the plan at 4 and we use a 3rd to trade up from 27 for an edge if they start coming off the board fast. Seems like Monty’s plan is stacking up on competent DT’s in FA.
its easy to see Verse got his production due to being more physically mature than his competition. But he would probably be the best instant impact ... however, you also have to allow for the young guys you have to develop...and every edge player benefits from a penetrating DT.
I would select Murphy in the scenario given...knowing this is a pretty weak edge class and hoping Ojulari is at the facility working his ass off.
Verse will probably be the better rookie... but in the long term Murphy will be the better player

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Verse -- I think his floor is a good pass rusher (8-9 sacks a year) but maybe not the 13-15 kinda guy

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If you liked Anderson’s game, you’ll like Verse. You know I hate comps, but this one is actually accurate. Verse is slightly less of an impact player, but their game is very similar. So don’t expect Verse to stack up sacks, but he’ll get some along with numerous pressures and effective run defense.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If you liked Anderson’s game, you’ll like Verse. You know I hate comps, but this one is actually accurate. Verse is slightly less of an impact player, but their game is very similar. So don’t expect Verse to stack up sacks, but he’ll get some along with numerous pressures and effective run defense.
I liked Anderson but don’t like Verse much at all. I think Anderson is more explosive and twitchy.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
is Dallas Turner perhaps better than Anderson, ultimately?

not as refined, but better tools

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think Verse makes it to 11. Lots of projections that Atlanta is locked in on him at 8.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

How was verse a late bloomer? Didn’t he enter the season as a presumed top ten pick and the top rated edge guy from prior season?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
How was verse a late bloomer? Didn’t he enter the season as a presumed top ten pick and the top rated edge guy from prior season?
I think the argument is three years at Albany as he was not highly recruited out of high school. From a production standpoint, he has been pretty consistent. from his last year at Albany to include the two years at Florida St, Verse has had at least 9 sacks and 11.5 TFLs every year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Verse -- I think his floor is a good pass rusher (8-9 sacks a year) but maybe not the 13-15 kinda guy
Agree on this. I don't see a top pass rusher in his game.

Turner was used in coverage too and was really good at it for an edge. So his pass rush numbers are lowered because of that.

Chop Robinson has the best first step but he is pretty much just a speed rush guy with one inside move. He needs more moves to get better and needs to anchor more.