Looks like We'll play giants or cowboys in first round now

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
After the Dust settles I might have to change my mind on us playing the packers twice at the end of the season.The packers are screwed being behind the vikes in their division and no way to jump them.

The Eagles have the best change at winning the NFC east with the giants and cowboys floundering.The cowpies still have at the saints and at the skins and end up with the eagles at home.Almost a playoff schedule already.

While the giants have at the skins,the panthers and then at the vikings who might at that time choose to shut it down for a week.

Any tie between the giants and cowboys would go to the giants who won both games with the cowpies.

I think WE(THE CARDINALS) will need to play every game to our fullest to stay ahead of the eagles in the east.I don't know the tiebreakers between the both of us but its gonna be close.

We'd much rather play the giants or cowboys at that point in time traveling to the desert than the packers who have probably rested knowing they can't improve thier 5th place status.

So I'm gonna go with us starting the playoffs out playing a team that has just played the eagles or vikings the week before they come play the CARDINALS in the desert.

Then we'll go to the vikes while the winner of eagles/packers will go to the saints for the first game for them.

If we play like the ROAD WARRIORS I know we can be against the vikes we might have another NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME in UOP this year.I think the saints are running out of steam at the wrong time of the year myself.

The saints cowboys game should be intersting this week for sure.An eagles/saints game would surely be a major shootout.I think the same for a saints/packers game.

We MAY need to repeat both of our SUNDAY NIGHT BIG WINS over the giants first then the vikes except this time it will be the giants at home and then the vikes away.Makes sense to ME.

We'll have to bring our A game for sure to the plastic dome in Minnesota to beat the vikes again.It can be done though.I see cracks in favre myself.Especially if he is forced to win the game once the running game is shutdown...............Discuss.:D

Last edited:

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After the Dust settles I might have to change my mind on us playing the packers twice at the end of the season.The packers are screwed being behind the vikes in their division and no way to jump them.

The Eagles have the best change at winning the NFC east with the giants and cowboys floundering.The giants still have at the saints and at the skins and end up with the eagles at home.Almost a playoff schedule already.

While the cowpies have at the skins,the panthers and then at the vikings who might at that time choose to shut it down for a week.

Any tie between the giants and cowboys would go to the giants who won both games with the cowpies.

I think WE(THE CARDINALS) will need to play every game to our fullest to stay ahead of the eagles in the east.I don't know the tiebreakers between the both of us but its gonna be close.

We'd much rather play the giants or cowboys at that point in time traveling to the desert than the packers who have probably rested knowing they can't improve thier 5th place status.

So I'm gonna go with us starting the playoffs out playing a team that has just played the eagles or vikings the week before they come play the CARDINALS in the desert.

Then we'll go to the vikes while the winner of eagles/packers will go to the saints for the first game for them.

If we play like the ROAD WARRIORS I know we can be against the vikes we might have another NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME in UOP this year.I think the saints are running out of steam at the wrong time of the year myself.

The saints cowboys game should be intersting this week for sure.An eagles/saints game would surely be a major shootout.I think the same for a saints/packers game.

We MAY need to repeat both of our SUNDAY NIGHT BIG WINS over the giants first then the vikes except this time it will be the giants at home and then the vikes away.Makes sense to ME.

We'll have to bring our A game for sure to the plastic dome in Minnesota to beat the vikes again.It can be done though.I see cracks in favre myself.Especially if he is forced to win the game once the running game is shutdown...............Discuss.:D

I see it the same way (personally think it will be the 'boys here in AZ), agree as well that the Saints, while winning, seem to play down to their competition.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
You got your Giants and Cowboys schedules messed up.

Packers are pretty much a lock for the #5 seed. Boys/Giants for the #6.

Like it or not, we are going to the be #4 seed. Looks to me like Philly beats us in a tie breaker (Common Opponents - they beat Carolina and we lost), which means we have to pass them record wise. They playoff matchup that I fear the most is @ Philly in January. They could well go 12-4, which would lock us into 4th. (I don't see the Vikes losing 2 of their last 3) If Philly loses 1, we need to run the table, and my guess is we stumble somewhere, especially with only seeding on the line.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Can we at least HOPE the 9ers or the cowpies can beat the eagles before the season ends? Like you I sure don't want to go to philly for anything but the end of the world front row tickets.:D

Sorry if my post was confusing.I was just hoping not having to play the hot packers would be a blessing.

I guess I'll hope for us to win our first game against the lowly giants and then press onward to two dome teams to find our way to Miami then.

I think without injury and if we continue to grow and not fall back,that this team of special players CAN REALLY GO ALL THE WAY!!!.I really like our chances.

I think the Bengals were not in our class and that had nothing to do with the vikes.They just don't have the players we have on either side of the ball or on special teams especially.

Some folks think it will be a miracle run but why not make it as MIND BLOWING as WE CAN....SHOCK THE WORLD II IS IN MOTION.Starting tonight.

No quarterback in the league is as hot as Warner is right now and without Clements tonight he should continue to roll through the lions,lambs and have a major interesting game with the packers at home.They are getting better after losing two bigtime starters.Got to hand it to them.

The eagles/packers game will be one giant game.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
I'd rather we focus on tonight's game, we can't assume that we can walk over the 49ners. I want to blow them out as much as the next guy/gal but history has shown that they play us pretty tough.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rather we focus on tonight's game, we can't assume that we can walk over the 49ners. I want to blow them out as much as the next guy/gal but history has shown that they play us pretty tough.

Agreed, let's not talk seedings yet. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't play the Giants or the Packers. We still have 4 games to play.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Way the Giants are playing...I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt even make it.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't you guys and gals think we at least win one more game in 4? I think EVERYONE of you think that.

If we win one more game we ARE in the playoffs.Since we don't have much to talk about till after the game tonight.Some talk about future playoff opponents isn't such a bad topic.Everyone else is going through more of a hell than we are with thier schedules and injuries than we really are.I think we are maturing and on pace to hit the PLAYOFFS running and blowing teams up.

All I can say is FORGIVE my OPTIMISM.There is some of that on this board though.We play the lions and lambs the next two games.Come on they both got beat by almost 40 points yesterday.

I know all about tonights game and know its the 9ers SUPERBOWL.Yet Kurt Warner has never lost a game he started in frisco.He's not gonna start tonight with coach Davis commanding our great defensive unit.We're only getting better.I hope whoever coach Whiz chooses to start at OLT that they are ready for the Bull rushes of Justin Smith and that Levi is ready for Soapoaga's bull rushes also.They have both improved this year.Not the speed rushing of a Jared Allen or Freeney or Mathis.

If we maintain the offensive line that had help chipping with rb's and te's tonight we give Kurt Warner time to go deeper once again tonight.Yes the 9ers played the vikes a great game earlier in the season and they will give us everything they have tonight but I don't see frank gore gashing us for some reason.I just don't think that the WILL of our defense will allow it.

Our biggest test will be covering the yearly improving Vernon Davis and I'm sure coach Davis has more than just Adrian covering him tonight for sure.I don't even know if Adams could even bring him down or not.That would be too funny to watch.I think Davis could carry him 100 yards.It won't be Adams tho.

Maybe having Dansby back in the secondary some tonight also.Smith is gonna get confused.You know why? If favre did.You know Smith will.

Back to TOPIC: I think it the giants that we will face in the first game due to the cowpies playing saints,skins,eagles.It will be Phillips job this year too. The giants will have to play the vikings in their last game of the season before having to travel to the DESERT.That could be an embarrassing game for the g-men.

The CARDINALS have broken and beaten so many curses the last 3 years that I'm not gonna be superstitious and think talking about the positive future is gonna mess things up.Its in the plan.ENJOY THE RIDE GUYS!!!!!

Buy extra DVD's to copy on this Christmas.You'll need them.Nobody wants to play the CARDINALS.Not even the colts.I assure you.Thats who we're gonna rematch up with again too.We're gonna get to play almost everyone twice this year.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Way the Giants are playing...I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt even make it.

Well as poor as the NFC is and rich at the top we don't have a lower mess like the AFC does and the giants only have to worry about beating the cowpies and falcons.Thats not too hard to do really while losing games.

CT Card Fan

Registered
Reaction score

Like it or not, we are going to the be #4 seed. Looks to me like Philly beats us in a tie breaker (Common Opponents - they beat Carolina and we lost), which means we have to pass them record wise. They playoff matchup that I fear the most is @ Philly in January. They could well go 12-4, which would lock us into 4th. (I don't see the Vikes losing 2 of their last 3) If Philly loses 1, we need to run the table, and my guess is we stumble somewhere, especially with only seeding on the line.

If there is no head to head or division matchup, the next teibreaker is conference record. Philly is 8-2 right now and we are at 6-2. The common opponents is factor is after that.

Doug may still be right. We may play the Packers in the 4-5 game and the Eagles will be the 3 seed hosting the 6 if we can't catch them in either the overall or conference record.

Of course, there's still the hope of catching the Vikings too. Cincy was no help there.

Last edited:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

The Eagles have the best change at winning the NFC east with the giants and cowboys floundering.The giants still have at the saints and at the skins and end up with the eagles at home.Almost a playoff schedule already.

While the cowpies have at the skins,the panthers and then at the vikings who might at that time choose to shut it down for a week.

I would prefer Giants as Manning has not been to swift this year. Romo if he gets hot can tear you up. The Giants do have that big RB who is very hard to bring down but we stopped Peterson so I think we can stop him.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

What ever is going to happen I hope it happens early enough for us to give Warner and some of the other startera some time off on the last game. That would also give Matt another shot at starting and a look at some of the guys who do not play much. He may be starting every game next year as you never know if Kurt is going to call it quits. Sure hope not. He is not playing for the $$ anymore and he will put his health and family first as he should.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I would prefer Giants as Manning has not been to swift this year. Romo if he gets hot can tear you up. The Giants do have that big RB who is very hard to bring down but we stopped Peterson so I think we can stop him.

We stopped him once already in NEW YORK to shut down the old meadowlands.I really don't care who we play.I just figured it would be the giants or the packers now.I don't think the cowpies have a shot with thier schedule they have left.

Either way its gonna work out well for us.If we get to play the saints first after they get a week off and out of tune,then fine.They've just been scraping by for many,many games this year.

HOPE for a healthy game tonight for both sides.No injuries.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well as poor as the NFC is and rich at the top we don't have a lower mess like the AFC does and the giants only have to worry about beating the cowpies and falcons.Thats not too hard to do really while losing games.

Doug, you have your schedules completely wrong.

Dallas still plays:
Philly
Washington
New Orleans

NYG still play:
Washington
Carolina
Minny

Looking at that schedule, I think the Giants will make it and not the Cowpukes. We'll make Washington a wash and say they both lose their tough games to Minny and N.O. respectively. That puts the Giants IN the playoffs regardless of the last games, because the Giants hold the head-to-head tiebreaker against the Cowpukes. Even worse, the Giants get Carolina and the Cowpukes have to play Philly. Unless another team sneaks by, it looks like the Giants will slide in, although they aren't very deserving.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Doug, you have your schedules completely wrong.

Dallas still plays:
Philly
Washington
New Orleans

NYG still play:
Washington
Carolina
Minny

Looking at that schedule, I think the Giants will make it and not the Cowpukes. We'll make Washington a wash and say they both lose their tough games to Minny and N.O. respectively. That puts the Giants IN the playoffs regardless of the last games, because the Giants hold the head-to-head tiebreaker against the Cowpukes. Even worse, the Giants get Carolina and the Cowpukes have to play Philly. Unless another team sneaks by, it looks like the Giants will slide in, although they aren't very deserving.

I never once predicted in any of my posts in this thread except for the title that I EVER thought we'd face the cowpies.Other posters thought we would,but I never said we would.Its Saints,skins then eagles and not the way you have it posted above.Thats WRONG.

I don't know how you say I posted the schedules wrong.I've got them written down right here just as you posted them above.So I know I knew what I meant.I'd like for you to show me where I posted different schedules for either the giants or cowpies please.Not that it even matters.

I always thought and said in one post it would be the packers or giants for us in our first game.How can you miss that?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Sorry, Doug. I wasn't trying to be snarky. I read this and you clearly had it wrong; the Giants already played (and beat) Dallas twice.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We didn't stop Jacobs earlier this season as he averaged 5.8 yards per carry. The Giants just didn't give him the ball enough as they split carries nearly 50-50 between him and Bradshaw who was pretty ineffective with only 2.7 yards per carry.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
If there is no head to head or division matchup, the next teibreaker is conference record. Philly is 8-2 right now and we are at 6-2. The common opponents is factor is after that.

Doug may still be right. We may play the Packers in the 4-5 game and the Eagles will be the 3 seed hosting the 6 if we can't catch them in either the overall or conference record.

You are right. I didn't mention that because if we end up with the same record, we cannot win that tie breaker either. Philly wins it (if they lose to the Broncos) or it is a tie, and then the common opponent tie breaker is applied. In any event, Philly will beat us in a tie breaker.

Last edited:

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
until there is an X by our name in the standings...nothing is a given for Jekyll. Or is it Hyde?

It is the players and coaches job not to get ahead of themselves, and focus on the games one at a time.

As a fan, I don't have that responsibility. We will be hosting the Green Bay Packers in the #4 vs #5 game on January 9 or 10. In fact, if anyone wants to wager ASFN money on that, I'd be happy to make my first bet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson