OT: Other games 12-10/11-23

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
weak call. cowboys have only beat terrible teams this year and now gets help from the refs against the first place eagles.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not uncommon for receivers to look at side judge to find out if they're lined up ok.
This has to be what they are upset about,IMO. I have seen WRs check with the linesman and move back. But the linesman is not required to do it. It's also possible he didn't see Toney ask.

Completely guessing on my part, but I don't know why they are so mad about their guy being flagged for offsides when he was.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Can McBride throw the football? I'm just thinking about the possibilities - that was pretty freakin nice

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that was the Cardinals the ref would have thrown another flag for good measure.

They said the review on it at the NFL offices said that there was "separation" so it's not a hold. So because Jordan Davis is one of the strongest guys in the league and was able to get separation despite being held, it's not holding?

The call at the end of the half the no it wasn't offensive PI I'm ok with because it was within a yard, but the Davis play that's holding in every game I watch every week. The most common holding call on wide runs is that exact play

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Think Philly is missing Gannon now? That defense hasn't been nearly as good all year.

Seems like their secondary isn't nearly as good this year

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They said the review on it at the NFL offices said that there was "separation" so it's not a hold. So because Jordan Davis is one of the strongest guys in the league and was able to get separation despite being held, it's not holding?

The call at the end of the half the no it wasn't offensive PI I'm ok with because it was within a yard, but the Davis play that's holding in every game I watch every week. The most common holding call on wide runs is that exact play
The NFL has always propped up the largest merchandise sellers. First and foremost the NFL is a business. Fair play is a far second.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I said in the offseason that Dan Campbell's NFL head coaching career had mirrored Kliff's career almost perfectly. Does this Lions team remind anyone else of the 2021 Cardinals? The last 4 games the Lions have tried their best to replicate our 2021 late season collapse. Looking at their remaining schedule I could easily see them finishing 11-6 and getting bounced by the Packers in the first round.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
NFL refs at it again, Dak rolls left, Dallas has 2 guys blocking Jordan Davis, as he starts to turn to pursue Dak the guy on the left clearly holds him, the ref right there throws the flag. Dak completes it to Lamb for a TD and then the refs get together and announce, there is no penalty on the play? WTF, that is a hold every game I watch all year, they say it over and over when the defender turns and tries to disengage the OL has can't grab or pull on the jersey or the refs will see it and call it every time. Exactly what happened, they saw it, threw the flag and then said oh never mind
It sounded like dallas got home cooking on calls tonight. I thought dallas got screwed out of a TD in Philadelphia a few weeks ago when their TE got tackled short of the goal line well before the ball arrived on a 4th down. and that was a close game that dallas could have won if a couple of calls were different. I didn't get to see the game tonight, but I heard the radio call and there were several flags picked up which sounded odd. either way good win for dallas. the dallas defense played well against a good team.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah, he looks like a complete fool because he was 100% wrong and it was a good call
I finally saw the play and yes it was a good call. they threw the flag immediately as they should have. interesting that last week Mahomes took the high road when asked about the refs when they actually screwed up the obvious PI. he should have complained then and took the high road today.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson