It's not Murray, the problem is Keim.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Murray and feel he will become a top 10 qb but he is making rookie mistakes. I'm not down on him like some on this Board. However, to me it's apparent that the Cards really lack talent. The draft and free agency picks have been terrible. Was at the game yesterday and was amazed that there were so many players on the defense that I never heard of before. I have been on the fence regarding Keim but not any more. We need a shake up in the front office and it starts with the GM. I don't know if KK will become a good HC or if Vance Joseph should be replaced as DC, but we don't have quality talent on this team,. MB needs to get rid of him and bring in a new GM. Let him decide who he wants to keep. We can't give Keim another year. The NFC West division is getting stronger and we are falling further behind.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Murray and feel he will become a top 10 qb but he is making rookie mistakes. I'm not down on him like some on this Board. However, to me it's apparent that the Cards really lack talent. The draft and free agency picks have been terrible. Was at the game yesterday and was amazed that there were so many players on the defense that I never heard of before. I have been on the fence regarding Keim but not any more. We need a shake up in the front office and it starts with the GM. I don't know if KK will become a good HC or if Vance Joseph should be replaced as DC, but we don't have quality talent on this team,. MB needs to get rid of him and bring in a new GM. Let him decide who he wants to keep. We can't give Keim another year. The NFC West division is getting stronger and we are falling further behind.
there are maybe ten starters on this team. I'm officially done with Keim as of today.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Murray cannot fail. He can only be failed by others. It's Keim's fault that Murray was handed the ball with 1:44 left to play and down 1 score then got sacked twice.

You are such a hater. Murray is being consistently failed by the talent around him. Kirk Murray will be fine once you put a top 10 OL, two #1 WRs (like Theilen and Diggs), a top 10 TE, a top #3 RB (Dalvin Cook) around him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray cannot fail. He can only be failed by others. It's Keim's fault that Murray was handed the ball with 1:44 left to play and down 1 score then got sacked twice.
You are such a hater. Murray is being consistently failed by the talent around him. Kirk Murray will be fine once you put a top 10 OL, two #1 WRs (like Theilen and Diggs), a top 10 TE, a top #3 RB (Dalvin Cook) around him.
This shtick is starting get lame & boring.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree Keim needs to go. He went all in on Rosen/Wilks, fail. All in on KM/KK, fail. Bad drafts, poor planning have all led to where we are now and it was unlikely either combo would succeed due to the personnel he acquires.

Keim decided to hire an intern for HC. If it worked he would be a genius and if it didn't he would be a moron, not much in between. KKs touted air raid didn't work as predicted and has been supplanted with a generic dink and dunk NFL offense in the on the job training period.

He decided to take an unconventional NFL QB at #1 overall. This hasn't proven to be a good choice either. Not saying KM hasn't had his moments and can't grow, but the storyline they were promoting that KM would run circles around defenses and turn nothing into something hasn't materialized.

Perhaps the real reason KK is here is no one else wanted to hitch their wagon to Keim and this org. I'm pretty sure Belichick wouldn't have more than 6 wins with the team Keim has built.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO watching Kyler Murray validate that shtick is getting lame and boring.
I’m not sure how it’s a crime to want better players around a young QB. You continue to express that you want the same thing, but it’s a problem to you when you see other people do that, especially when it’s the the people that were ProKyler.

Wanting better players around Kyler doesn’t mean wanting All-Pros at every spot. I don’t know why it’s so hard to grasp.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m not sure how it’s a crime to want better players around a young QB. You continue to express that you want the same thing, but it’s a problem to you when you see other people do that, especially when it’s the the people that were ProKyler.

Wanting better players around Kyler doesn’t mean wanting All-Pros at every spot. I don’t know why it’s so hard to grasp.

Murray needs talent around him. No question. At this time, Murray's play is pretty bad and he is not even elevating one player on the offensive side with his play. The bill of goods with Murray's draft comes with a label "generational talent" which he is far from it.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I'm just worried they're going to break our new toy like they did last year. And by the way he's regressing that looks like the case.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Want and need are two different things. I would prefer that Kyler's issues didn't dictate that we need to do spend the majority of our resources just to make him a .500 QB. I would prefer to be able to build a complete team and pick and take the best players available because Kyler can overcome some talent limitations.

I want to give Kyler more weapons and talent so that he can challenge the best teams in the NFL, but I hate that we need to give him more weapons and talent to win more than 3 games.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Murray needs talent around him. No question. At this time, Murray's play is pretty bad and he is not even elevating one player on the offensive side with his play. The bill of goods with Murray's draft comes with a label "generational talent" which he is far from it.
You said it better than I did.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I agree Keim needs to go. He went all in on Rosen/Wilks, fail. All in on KM/KK, fail. Bad drafts, poor planning have all led to where we are now and it was unlikely either combo would succeed due to the personnel he acquires.

Keim decided to hire an intern for HC. If it worked he would be a genius and if it didn't he would be a moron, not much in between. KKs touted air raid didn't work as predicted and has been supplanted with a generic dink and dunk NFL offense in the on the job training period.

He decided to take an unconventional NFL QB at #1 overall. This hasn't proven to be a good choice either. Not saying KM hasn't had his moments and can't grow, but the storyline they were promoting that KM would run circles around defenses and turn nothing into something hasn't materialized.

Perhaps the real reason KK is here is no one else wanted to hitch their wagon to Keim and this org. I'm pretty sure Belichick wouldn't have more than 6 wins with the team Keim has built.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...munchak-turns-down-second-cardinals-interview

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/01/mike-mccarthy-declined-az-arizona-cardinals-advances/

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019...c-bienemy-declines-interview-coaching-search/

This franchise was left to choose between Steve Wilks and John DeFillipo in 2018. In 2019 it was looking like Caldwell, Gase or Campbell before Donkey Keim tabbed Kingsbury.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You left the other half that fills the picture. That's ok. you get it but don't want to say it.
I don’t believe in “generational talents” regardless.

Peyton was billed as one yet went 3-13 his rookie season & didn’t win the big one until the 2006 season when he finally had a good defense.

Andrew Luck was also billed as one, but never seemed to elevate his performance where it mattered the most in the playoffs.

Trevor Lawrence is already being billed as one, but I bet he’s going to get slandered for dragging a team to 4 wins his rookie season because the talent around him is awful.

I’ll never call a single player a generational talent because you’re putting them on such a high pedestal that they’ll never meet.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Many fans have had Keim in their sights for all season.

It just may be that Murray is a mere moral - i.e. very talented but not God.

That said - we suck, and when that happens for any length of time, you don't sit back and do nothing. You do whatever it takes to straighten things out. And, at the very least, we may have to change our luck by changing the GM.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard