It's not Murray, the problem is Keim.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Starting with last years draft which should produce at least three starters it's a three year process. We're heading into year two of the rebuild. No one likes to wait. Murray will improve and has shown enough in yr. 1 to warrant excitement. He came close to beating the best team in the NFC this season. Twice.

We have a killer division right now and that'll help out our draft slot for the time being.

Last edited:

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
We are in a pretty good spot to improve. Cap space. Another high draft slot and another high waiver priority.

the real question is when you look at Keims last four or five drafts you really have to question whether he should be the guy making that decisions.

I see what you did there. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
You are such a hater. Murray is being consistently failed by the talent around him. Kirk Murray will be fine once you put a top 10 OL, two #1 WRs (like Theilen and Diggs), a top 10 TE, a top #3 RB (Dalvin Cook) around him.

What you just described is Kirk Cousins because that is what he has in Minnesota. I would take it then that you are equating Murray's ceiling to Cousins. I suspect you give most QBs in the NFL that kind of support and they would all do pretty damn good.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Starting with last years draft which should produce at least three starters it's a three year process. We're heading into year two of the rebuild. No one likes to wait. Murray will improve and has shown enough in yr. 1 to warrant excitement. He came close to beating the best team in the NFC this season. Twice.

We have a killer division right now and that'll help out our draft slot for the time being.

Yeah, he also came close to beating four other teams so what is your point?

Reaction score
Murray needs talent around him. No question. At this time, Murray's play is pretty bad and he is not even elevating one player on the offensive side with his play. The bill of goods with Murray's draft comes with a label "generational talent" which he is far from it.

Who on this board has said this other than Krang & he admitted he was trolling the KM haters prior to the draft? I was one of the ones that wanted to keep Rosen to see what KK could do with him & improve the defense. I don't recall anyone saying he was a generational transcendent player. But I'm old & my memory is bad so there's that.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
when you have been the roster architect for over 5 years and 80% of your roster is backup caliber, there is a big problem.
Which is why we are not "just a few players away" from being a contender like I keep hearing, SK has put us in a terrible situation and to think he's the one capable of getting us out is insane lol

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’m not sure Murray is a problem because it’s too early.

I know kingsbury is a problem.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Yeah, he also came close to beating four other teams so what is your point?
It's his year one in this teams restructuring. Some will make it, many won't. Like it or not it's YEAR ONE in a three year process. Reality.... how much help has he had? He didn't LOSE that last SF game. Their D did.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just think if Keim was actually dumb enough to trade for Leonard Williams, let alone a 3rd & 5th.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Who on this board has said this other than Krang & he admitted he was trolling the KM haters prior to the draft? I was one of the ones that wanted to keep Rosen to see what KK could do with him & improve the defense. I don't recall anyone saying he was a generational transcendent player. But I'm old & my memory is bad so there's that.
Here's at least one thread. Typing in "Kyler Murray Generational Talent arizonasportsfans" into Google provides more hits, but I'm not on a computer at the moment so I don't have the time to scour for more examples.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/keim-breaks-down-murrays-film.308559/

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Want and need are two different things. I would prefer that Kyler's issues didn't dictate that we need to do spend the majority of our resources just to make him a .500 QB. I would prefer to be able to build a complete team and pick and take the best players available because Kyler can overcome some talent limitations.

I want to give Kyler more weapons and talent so that he can challenge the best teams in the NFL, but I hate that we need to give him more weapons and talent to win more than 3 games.
It can be argued with better coaching we'd have 6 or more wins right now.

Lack of running the ball in the redzone the 1st two weeks (not running your offense all preseason).
Awful timeout gives the 49ers a TD.
Not trying to put the game away the 2nd 49ers go round.
Having Trent Sherfield on the field (who had just 5 or 6 snaps all game) as 1st or 2nd read to close the game against the Bucs.

Not saying its all his fault (its not). However, if we can argue Kyler is why we have 3 wins. We can argue better coaching from Kliff helps alleviate those issues and gets us a couple more possible.

Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m not sure how it’s a crime to want better players around a young QB. You continue to express that you want the same thing, but it’s a problem to you when you see other people do that, especially when it’s the the people that were ProKyler.

Wanting better players around Kyler doesn’t mean wanting All-Pros at every spot. I don’t know why it’s so hard to grasp.

Haters are going to hate.

Every good performance they caution about being optimistic and every bad performance is proof that he's Tuuurrible!

What am I seeing? A rookie QB with a bad offensive line, below average skill position talent, and decent play caller who sucks at game management at times, and a god awful defense.

Murray is making a host of mistakes, and yet has still been better than almost EVERY Arizona Cardinals QB. Yes, that is also an indictment of how bad QB play has been, but there is hope for him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Every good performance they caution about being optimistic and every bad performance is proof that he's Tuuurrible!

What am I seeing? A rookie QB with a bad offensive line, below average skill position talent, and decent play caller who sucks at game management at times, and a god awful defense.

Murray is making a host of mistakes, and yet has still been better than almost EVERY Arizona Cardinals QB. Yes, that is also an indictment of how bad QB play has been, but there is hope for him.

Very quick to roll out the "straw man" argument then drop nonsense like this.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I wasn't sure where @DVontel's post was in this thread, so I quoted you on account of continuing the conversation.

Of course we all want better players around Kyler, as we would any QB. Nothing wrong with that. Where the line blurs is starting to talk about how many quality players he needs to be successful. We already have threads up looking to pass over major needs for a #1 WR in the draft (after using four picks on the position in two years). If we start to say Kyler can't succeed without a top-5 WR, great offensive line, etc., well he might not be living up to his billing as the great player we were being sold.

It is what it is - the roster is atrocious and needs to be repaired, but I think for some of us who see that Keim has surrounded him with next to nothing and still might be at it next year, the future looks bleak. The question is more about if Kyler is good enough to elevate guys. That chapter is still unwritten, I'm not gonna rip him for it right now. But look at the QBs at the top of the league this year and ask yourself how many are doing it needing a top-10 draft pick of a WR to succeed? Not a ton.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another offseason incoming of Keim reciting his scripted lines during Flight Plan & hyping benefits of top 3 pick\cap space at every opportunity smh