IT has started.. ESPN rumor mill

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Soften their stances? I'd say the Browns set the market, and Boldin is worth more.

I don't want to trade Boldin, but if that's what it takes to get Edwards, you have to up it a notch for Boldin.

ESPN keeps saying the team that released a WR, and is in dire of need of one somehow has leverage on the Browns, or the NFC champion Arizona Cardinals?

We're dealing from a position of strength. I feel Graves' comments indicates they will only potentially consumate a deal that arises from their position of strength. (The 'still prefer to re-sign' boldin)

Even the Browns can deal from a position of strength. Sorry, imo the Giants will have to overpay for anyone considering their situation (unless he's an isiah thomas).

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Doucet was still recovering from an injury to an extent from his senior year at LSU and never really had the chance to show all he can offer when he was put in...he was rated by some as the number one WR in the draft when he came out for a reason and his games at LSU, though not at the level of the NFL, where impressive. He might not ever be great like Boldin but he could be good and with Fitz and Breaston...the Cardinals might have more insurance at the position than some suspect

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Just a thought, but wouldn't it make sense for both the Cards and the Browns to just trade Bolden for Edwards and call it a day. Both would get great WRs and both would get rid of supposed disgruntled players. I hope Bolden stays with us but if he just has to go then why not just get another great WR going into his prime to replace him. Does this make sense or is it just me thinking again.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Just a thought, but wouldn't it make sense for both the Cards and the Browns to just trade Bolden for Edwards and call it a day. Both would get great WRs and both would get rid of supposed disgruntled players. I hope Bolden stays with us but if he just has to go then why not just get another great WR going into his prime to replace him. Does this make sense or is it just me thinking again.

Interesting idea...it'll never happen, but it's an interesting idea. Braylon would be a nice deep threat compliment to Fitz. (As long as he's not greasing his hands up before games like last year)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

No thanks! Edwards is on the last year of his deal and is reported to want 10 mill per. No thanks!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think the Giants with the crazy depth they have with their Defensive front seven are in the front of the line of the Boldin Sweepstakes.

Giants give the Cards their 1st rounder and someone like Mathias Kiwanuka for Anquan Boldin. Done Deal.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I want Gholston based on how how money he makes... I would LOVE him cheaper, but not top 6 money...

But how about #17, #52, and a 6th (#193) for Boldin... keep him in AFC... I would do that deal...

First off...Gholston's contract works out so that a decent amount of it was bonus, meaning we wouldn't pay that part, we would face no hit if we had to cut him someday, and the Jets would not be able to trade him because they would in fact face a big hit.

Second...that combo of picks is pretty good value for Boldin. My question is how would you suggest the Cardinals draft then? #17 a LB or Wells/Moreno? and #31????

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
First off...Gholston's contract works out so that a decent amount of it was bonus, meaning we wouldn't pay that part, we would face no hit if we had to cut him someday, and the Jets would not be able to trade him because they would in fact face a big hit.

Second...that combo of picks is pretty good value for Boldin. My question is how would you suggest the Cardinals draft then? #17 a LB or Wells/Moreno? and #31????

The Jets are looking hard at the Kansas St. QB - Freeman. If he's there, he's the pick. They might even try to trade up past Denver at 12.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
The Jets are looking hard at the Kansas St. QB - Freeman. If he's there, he's the pick. They might even try to trade up past Denver at 12.

I meant who would AZ take if we traded Boldin for that pick.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I meant who would AZ take if we traded Boldin for that pick.
Right, I got that. I don't think the trade happens is what I was saying. They're not going into the season with Clemons as the main option.

If for some uncanny reason it did happen, yeah one of the better 3-4 LB prospects or Wells, Moreno would go in that slot. They'd have their pick.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
WOW. If your original prediction is for the cardinals to go 7-9 then i guess the whole "no boldin down the rabbit hole 6-10" theory holds some water.... if not. what a complete joke.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I still think the Giants with the crazy depth they have with their Defensive front seven are in the front of the line of the Boldin Sweepstakes.

Giants give the Cards their 1st rounder and someone like Mathias Kiwanuka for Anquan Boldin. Done Deal.
I highly doubt the giants will part with one of their dependable players on defense. and they still lost some of that depth to FA last season after the SB. It was the lack of depth with the injury to OSI last year that kind of hurt the giants late. They even added chris canty in the offseason. I think most teams like the giants want to keep the good players they have and force the cardinals hand by offering draft picks only. That's how most of these trades go down anyway so the market shouldn't change for the cardinals in that aspect. I like the redskins to make a pitch to snag Q. they are one of the few NFL teams that have a history of actually trading players anyway if the cards are looking to go that route.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
WOW. If your original prediction is for the cardinals to go 7-9 then i guess the whole "no boldin down the rabbit hole 6-10" theory holds some water.... if not. what a complete joke.

:bigyawn:

Last edited:

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
I'd send Boldin and our #31 to the Cowpies in a heartbeat for arguably the best defensive player in the league. Maybe the Pokes even throw in a 3rd or 4th rounder this year. But Ware is exactly what we need... A 34OLB just reaching his prime who had 4 more sacks than the NFL DPOY. Our defense would be UN-STOPPABLE and we wouldn't need to chuck it 35 - 40 times a game / score 29 points to win. The only problem is the Cardinals org would never pay that kind of money for ANY player.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard