Today’s Draft Rumor

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The Pats really like Maye and will likely take him if available at 3. If he doesn’t drop they are leaning towards a trade. They would take Harrison if they don’t like the offers. Their evaluation group is split on Daniels if he’s the one falling to 3. The Cards would go down some for a good offer as they see the top 3 WRs as functional. They seem to have moved away from taking an OT early.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going to be interesting to see with the Vikings now do with their 2 first round picks and a need for QB. Cards could trade with them but would have to move back up to get one of the top 3 WRs.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
If we could get 3 firsts from the vikings we should do it...then you trade #23, #27, #35 to the Chargers for #5.

We still get MHJ at #5 and we get a player at #11.....so essentially we spend our 2nd rounder to get 2 blue chip players.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If we could get 3 firsts from the vikings we should do it...then you trade #23, #27, #35 to the Chargers for #5.

We still get MHJ at #5 and we get a player at #11.....so essentially we spend our 2nd rounder to get 2 blue chip players.
I wouldn’t trade the 4th for 23, 27, 35 so why would sd?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

That would only happen if one of the top 3 QBs drop.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I wouldn’t trade the 4th for 23, 27, 35 so why would sd?
Well...those picks equal 1990 points on the draft chart and pick 5 is worth 1700. SD is in cap hell, but thinks they aren't far off from competing in that division. With 23, 27, and 35 they get 3 low cost starters. They would get 3 starters for a total of about 12-14 million next year, instead of 1

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Monti is going to galaxy brain himself out of another elite prospect.

He got one in the last draft who started all 17 games.

Given that at least three, possibly four, quarterbacks will be selected in the first round, the Cards have three position players in the first 32/31.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well...those picks equal 1990 points on the draft chart and pick 5 is worth 1700. SD is in cap hell, but thinks they aren't far off from competing in that division. With 23, 27, and 35 they get 3 low cost starters. They would get 3 starters for a total of about 12-14 million next year, instead of 1

SD is now Cap compliant and needs a WR. At #5, if MHJ is off the board, they will have the choice of two prime prospects.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
The Giants at 6 is the only team that I really want to trade with. I don't want to drop lower than that to guarantee MHJ or Odunze. My hope is that if the Vikings come strong for the pick that it drives up the cost for NY. Hopefully Monte can squeeze them a little more if he were to trade back.

Reaction score
I had to correct someone on a different message board the other day - referred to the Cardinals as the "Phoenix Cardinals". I probably should have let it slide, it's only been 30 YEARS since the name change.
I feel that to many people that have never visited Arizona, Phoenix and Arizona are one and the same! You know, just all desert and "cactuses!" :deadhorse2:

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
I feel that to many people that have never visited Arizona, Phoenix and Arizona are one and the same! You know, just all desert and "cactuses!" :deadhorse2:
Tumbleweed is a common question I get in Wisconsin. Also " how do you deal with the heat?" I just laugh because we always have snot frozen to our face when they ask.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tumbleweed is a common question I get in Wisconsin. Also " how do you deal with the heat?" I just laugh because we always have snot frozen to our face when they ask.
I have had people tell me the thought the Football Cardinals were in St. Louis. That was in the last few years. Maybe they were messing with me.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Ain't nobody outside of the most extreme partisans who view PJJ as an elite prospect.
there is some middle ground here

he was a competent starting OT for 17 games

Most OTs improve considerably between year 1 and years 2 and 3.

just because PJJ was JAG in year one, doesnt mean he cant be an upper tier OT