Dallas Cowboys @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/18/23-09/23/23

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i could see Dallas overlooking us and having a letdown after coming out of the gate hot against the NY teams and us keeping it relatively close. I could also see us being emotionally crushed and Dallas cruising.

But for first time this year, either way, I don’t see a scenario where we pull out a win. That said, I think a 12.5 spread at home is still a sucker’s bet and wouldn’t touch it.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This kind of reminds me of the build up for the Tennessee game Dallas played last year when Dobbs was the Tenn starter. Dallas were supposed to destroy him and they did not. It was a respectable game and Dobbs gave them a lot of trouble compared to others that they faced. For Dallas this is the first game of the year where they will be overwhelmingly favored to win by a wide margin, which can be a test in its own right.

I have to admit that of all of the cowboys teams that I have followed this defense is up there close to the 1992/1993 teams and none of those teams had a cheat code quite like Parsons. I honestly cannot believe how lucky they are to have drafted him because I don’t think he was their first choice in that draft. yesterday the cowboys offense had a really good game with no turnovers against what is supposed to be a top defensive unit.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This is the one week I'm staying away from Twitter/X, NFLN, ESPN, ETC...it's going to be insufferable with all the Cowboys garbage.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
i could see Dallas overlooking us and having a letdown after coming out of the gate hot against the NY teams and us keeping it relatively close. I could also see us being emotionally crushed and Dallas cruising.

But for first time this year, either way, I don’t see a scenario where we pull out a win. That said, I think a 12.5 spread at home is still a sucker’s bet and wouldn’t touch it.
Yep. I wisely steered clear of betting the over on rushing yards for Barkley. Seemed like a sure thing. I think it missed by 2 yards.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the law is over there. But here you can't sell your tickets if you can't go to games. Or at least if you get caught, as you would if a fan in an opponent's shirt turned up, then you can lose your ticket and be banned.
It is a blessing and a curse. I had to pay for a Hospitality suite when I went to Anfield, because I couldn't legally get a ticket another way. $450 a ticket isn't fun.
It's in the terms and conditions of sale, I imagine you have similar T&C's in contracts over there?
Scalping rules vary from state to state. Almost always legal, but since most sports went to digital sales, it is pretty easy to transfer the ticket over to another person.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This is the one week I'm staying away from Twitter/X, NFLN, ESPN, ETC...it's going to be insufferable with all the Cowboys garbage.
True, and the national coverage on the cowboys is trash regardless of which side of the aisle you are on. It seems like it is just a S-Show. I don’t see the cowboys getting any true answers until they play SF and Philly. And even if they win any those they still have to perform in the playoffs assuming they get there again. It’s a long season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

You're making with the very weird call outs and beating your chest weekly early in an 0-2 season. Just strange.

Calling out people that have been proven over and over seems relevant to why we shouldn't listen to the constant barrage of wrong takes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is a blessing and a curse. I had to pay for a Hospitality suite when I went to Anfield, because I couldn't legally get a ticket another way. $450 a ticket isn't fun.

Scalping rules vary from state to state. Almost always legal, but since most sports went to digital sales, it is pretty easy to transfer the ticket over to another person.

If Mike wanted to could he make it a condition of purchase that tickets can't be transferred?

If he can and he doesn't there's only one person to blame.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This will be a tough one, hopefully we can hold our 20-0 lead this time!
Bold prediction: we’ll be down 20-0 at some point. Announcers will mention it and we’ll all be thinking it too: Cards lost a twenty point lead in week two, perhaps they’ll come back and have a win for the ages! Alas, no, we’ll get smoked 37-3.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Calling out people that have been proven over and over seems relevant to why we shouldn't listen to the constant barrage of wrong takes.
...said the dude who constantly has wrong takes. See, I, too, can make blanket statements without anything to back them up.

Relax, man. It's going to be a long season. For the most part, the darksiders are rather phlegmatic so far. Outside of us turtling into same old Cards mode, yesterday didn't bother me because we suck. We are who we thought we were and we let 'em off the hook, so to speak. If you recall, I was actually pleased with week 1. I'm just curious why you're in crusader mode to try to force people to agree with your weird off-the-mark call outs thus far. Especially when you're so against other people calling you out. Just relax and endure the tank, my friend.

OKCardFan

Registered
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys lead all-time series 56-34-1, BUT these are the last 7 games against them:

01/02/2022 Arizona Cardinals 25 @ Dallas Cowboys 22 W
10/19/2020 Arizona Cardinals 38 @ Dallas Cowboys 10 W
09/25/2017 Dallas Cowboys 28 @ Arizona Cardinals 17 L
11/02/2014 Arizona Cardinals 28 @ Dallas Cowboys 17 W
12/04/2011 Dallas Cowboys 13 @ Arizona Cardinals 19 W/OT
12/25/2010 Dallas Cowboys 26 @ Arizona Cardinals 27 W
10/12/2008 Dallas Cowboys 24 @ Arizona Cardinals 30 W/OT

Like most on here, I just hope we're competitive.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I like our chances on the road better than home. This fan base sucks out loud and doesn’t deserve anything.
Good luck signing free agents next offseason. It’s comical and about to get worse.
Spicy 11. Haven’t seen that in awhile.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys lead all-time series 56-34-1, BUT these are the last 7 games against them:

01/02/2022 Arizona Cardinals 25 @ Dallas Cowboys 22 W
10/19/2020 Arizona Cardinals 38 @ Dallas Cowboys 10 W
09/25/2017 Dallas Cowboys 28 @ Arizona Cardinals 17 L
11/02/2014 Arizona Cardinals 28 @ Dallas Cowboys 17 W
12/04/2011 Dallas Cowboys 13 @ Arizona Cardinals 19 W/OT
12/25/2010 Dallas Cowboys 26 @ Arizona Cardinals 27 W
10/12/2008 Dallas Cowboys 24 @ Arizona Cardinals 30 W/OT

Like most on here, I just hope we're competitive.
That 2020 game will go down as two things, to me....1) Probably the best defensive game played under Vance Joseph and 2) Marked the beginning of the end for Zeke.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's true. Dobbs played the best half of his life and will most likely never play that good again - and we still lost the game - partly due to his suckiness - but please by all means enjoy this imaginary victory lap of yours
Unnecessary

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard