Arizona Cardinals vs Baltimore Ravens Pre Game thread. 10/25/23-10/29/23

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Activate him and have him be the backup to Dobbs this week. If Dobbs gets into trouble, I'd rather have Kyler coming off the bench than Clayton.
That's kind of what I anticipate will happen. I think that Dobbs gets the start and he'll play until it's extremely clear that the offense has no juice without him, but while we're maybe within 10-14 points.

Then Kyler comes in, the home crowd loses their collective short, and he gets a limited amount of snaps in a semi-competitive environment.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
That's kind of what I anticipate will happen. I think that Dobbs gets the start and he'll play until it's extremely clear that the offense has no juice without him, but while we're maybe within 10-14 points.

Then Kyler comes in, the home crowd loses their collective short, and he gets a limited amount of snaps in a semi-competitive environment.
Yup...could be a halftime adjustment. The team and defense are usually still in games at that point. JG can say the team needed a little juice.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think they hold him out at least 1 more week.
He needs all the first team reps before starting.
Unfortunately I think you’re right. If he was starting this week you would think they would be giving him all the first team reps, which they aren’t.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ravens at Cardinals

WR Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder) is set to play, but EDGE Odafe Oweh (ankle), RB Keaton Mitchell (hamstring) and WR Tylan Wallace (hamstring) are listed as questionable. S Marcus Williams (hamstring) is out.

Cardinals QB Kyler Murray (knee) has progressed to full practice participation, but he’s not expected to play this weekend after being listed as doubtful. LB Krys Barnes (hamstring), DT Kevin Strong (shoulder), and T Elijah Wilkinson (neck) have been ruled out while CB Antonio Hamilton (groin), S Jalen Thompson, and WR Greg Dortch (ankle) are listed as questionable.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smh
You must be registered for see images attach

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Don't put stadiums in the West Valley
I know SDS was poop, but even when the Cards had fun and watchable teams, the East Valley couldn't/wouldn't sell out the stadium. Whenever there was a rare Sun/Mon night game, local networks and other corp sponsors routinely had to purchase 5k+ tickets to prevent games being blacked out locally.

East Valley fans are more fickle, IMO...more of them are transplants and they have many more entertainment options, outside of sports.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Curious of the the Phoenix metro area will "catch up" to Glendale eventually? Has development, including residential development, started happening in between the stadium and the rest of phoenix?
There is development ALL OVER Phoenix Metro, but the west side and Glendale has a lot of open space. The east side is much more developed.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There is development ALL OVER Phoenix Metro, but the west side and Glendale has a lot of open space. The east side is much more developed.
Yeah. Glendale is less dense/more working class than the SEV. Putting the stadium in Glendale would be like putting a stadium in Apache Junction.

Going all that way to watch Josh Dobbs keep it close for three quarters and then fail to cover.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious of the the Phoenix metro area will "catch up" to Glendale eventually? Has development, including residential development, started happening in between the stadium and the rest of phoenix?

I have club tickets and I give them away rather than wasting my Sunday driving to the west side.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah. Glendale is less dense/more working class than the SEV. Putting the stadium in Glendale would be like putting a stadium in Apache Junction.

Going all that way to watch Josh Dobbs keep it close for three quarters and then fail to cover.
Glendale used to be a bunch of farmers and rednecks...and still kind of is. I have a friend that we visit on that side of town and it's very different than the east valley.

It was a shame that the Cardinals couldn't get something done on the east side. Maybe they build their next stadium over on Fort McDowell.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not surprising. The quality of coaching and effort by the players often keep the games competitive for a period of time. They can only sustain that for 30 to 45 minutes though. After that the large difference in talent level becomes apparent.

When Kyler returns, his talent and leadership ability may help mitigate that to an extent. We shall see.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler officially listed as OUT for manana.