Cardinals at Titans PS 3 8-27-22

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks to me like McBride is not there yet I have to wonder if the back is still a problem but he just decided he needs to be playing?

2 games now he just seems like he's not comfortable at all and not moving "freely". Maybe he's just not confident in the offense but it looks to me like he's really rusty and not moving like he's healthy.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’d cut eno if I was the gm. But that’s just me.

Nothing special when the lights have come on.
I’d cut Ward over Eno, despite his ST value. I still think Benjamin can be of value returning KOs as well

Eno had a fabulous catch of a poorly thrown ball that could’ve been a TD if it was thrown anywhere around the numbers. I’ve never seen Ward make any type of play like that on offense. Just sayin

OE_Thunder

Rookie
Reaction score
I’d cut Ward over Eno, despite his ST value. I still think Benjamin can be of value returning KOs as well

Eno had a fabulous catch of a poorly thrown ball that could’ve been a TD if it was thrown anywhere around the numbers. I’ve never seen Ward make any type of play like that on offense. Just sayin

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thomas had a good game.

Did he? There wasn't much interesting to watch so I focused on Thomas, Sanders and Luketa mostly. Thomas impressed me the least.

No burst. Easily handled. Zero pass rush moves. Looks slow. Undisciplined. He got round the QB a couple of times but was given a free rush.

I know his stat line looks good but he played all game against guys getting cut soon.

Sanders has good burst and speed but doesn't look more than a 3rd down situational rusher yet.

Luketa actually impressed me the most. Showed good discipline. Good vision. Motor and effort for days. Was worried about speed after poor 40 but looks quicker than Thomas.

There was a play where Luketa was on the left. He read the run up the middle and worked his way across the O line to get an arm out and bring the runner down.

He doesn't have great pass rush ability but the kind of player coaches and GMs love.

But mainly I came away with any hope one of the 3 would play an immediate role firmly gone and I'm concerned for our pass rush.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather see a physical specimen who makes some big plays based on physical ability but makes a few mental mistakes vs. guys with no physical ability who get beat physically but don't make mental mistakes.

You can never convince me Tanner Vallejo should play over Collins.
Lol at “few mental mistakes” and “with no physical ability.” Nice framing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
1st Half impressions:

McSorley should NOT be QB3 unless he is stashed on PS.

Cam Thomas can play, but I'd use him on DL and never use him in coverage.

Cardinals should look to move on from Andy Lee. He looks done.

Dortch and Isabella should make 53. Ingram and Williams is a toss up.
Agree with all this.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
on a few positions:

RB: I think they need to keep Williams, if only for pass pro. I want someone who knows what they are doing when its for real. Ingram is a nice find, but he would clear waivers.

DL: Manny Jones sure looked good -- pretty athletic and mobile.

Edge: so many guys. with the logjams at WR, OL, etc -- someone is being let go.

WR: I am actually happy for Andy Isabella. Some guys fail because they don't put the effort in, or bad attitude, etc -- thats not him and its on Keim for over drafting him. So much tape this preseason on him getting deep (only to have Trace McSorley underthrow him by 5 yards).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lmao, NOW you’re concerned?

Yeah, now is the time to be concerned when we have evidence. I wait until I see what we have and then I make a judgement. Being concerned 4 months ago before seeing what we actually have is just negativity.

I am still not concerned about losing Chandler Jones after 2 years of missing games or sub par play. But I'm not seeing anything from the rookies that suggests they will contribute much so far compared to guys like Sam Williams, Drake Jackson and Nik Bonnito have shown more so far.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd also be concerned about a pass rush that doesn't include Golden, Gardeck, Kennard, JJ, Allen and a host of situational blitz packages.

Sure, I'm aware what is missing but of Golden, Kennard, Gardeck and Dimukeje only Golden is a guy you can say is a true starter at Edge. Kennard and Gardeck are nice situational players. Both great pros and solid players. Dimukeje is a projection.

It's possible as a package that Vance can use them efficiently and creatively enough to overcome the loss of a once premium pass rusher, but we were all hoping for more from Thomas and Sanders right? Neither have really shown a great deal despite playing quite a lot of pre season snaps.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snap counts from last night.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, now is the time to be concerned when we have evidence. I wait until I see what we have and then I make a judgement. Being concerned 4 months ago before seeing what we actually have is just negativity.

I am still not concerned about losing Chandler Jones after 2 years of missing games or sub par play. But I'm not seeing anything from the rookies that suggests they will contribute much so far compared to guys like Sam Williams, Drake Jackson and Nik Bonnito have shown more so far.
Looking at what the FO did--or failed to do--and calling the situation for what it was is foresight, not negativity. Frak, this fan base had more sense than the FO. The blind could see we were deficient in the pass rush then, and can definitely see it now.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

A very reactive perspective. Waiting til you see it will likely ensure you are correct, but you are also putting yourself in a position where you little you can do about it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson