Bulls @ Suns Game Thread 01-12-13

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to keep up with this Suns game, the Wildcats playing @ OSU and the OT game between the Broncos and the Ravens. My remote control is getting a workout, fortunately I'm recording all three for easy viewing later. Right now, Suns are up 1 at the end of the quarter. Scola has started strong.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to keep up with this Suns game, the Wildcats playing @ OSU and the OT game between the Broncos and the Ravens. My remote control is getting a workout, fortunately I'm recording all three for easy viewing later. Right now, Suns are up 1 at the end of the quarter. Scola has started strong.

Steve

That Broncos/ Ravens game will really be worth watching.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Um... Michael Beasley?

Yep, I'm guessing if he continues with a big game people will be given a new bout of false hope. When in reality he isn't playing any differently than he has been, he's only shooting at an unsustainable clip this game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bulls are shooting poorly and the Suns are shooting nearly 50%. Also the Suns lead in rebounds and assists although they have more turnovers. Maybe it's the Suns night although I can't rest easy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm used to seeing the Bulls play tough defense and challenging everything. Who would have thought, especially Beasley playing well.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
That was fun! We played like a real team tonight with a bench and everything.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like to bottle that up and save it for next year.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Anyway these games are exactly why the Suns should not yet give up on Beasley. It's not like we have to dump his contract at all and there still is this upside.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyway these games are exactly why the Suns should not yet give up on Beasley. It's not like we have to dump his contract at all and there still is this upside.

These games are exactly why there is a glimmer of hope the Suns could sucker some team in to taking Beasley off their hands. He played exactly like he has all year, his shots just happened to fall.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
These games are exactly why there is a glimmer of hope the Suns could sucker some team in to taking Beasley off their hands. He played exactly like he has all year, his shots just happened to fall.

eh no he didn't, he had 3 or 4 dunks where he drove to the basket and ran the floor well...

At this point the Suns record is much better when Beasley is playing/starting rather than not playing or hardly playing. Coincidence or not that is they way it is.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
eh no he didn't, he had 3 or 4 dunks where he drove to the basket and ran the floor well...

At this point the Suns record is much better when Beasley is playing/starting rather than not playing or hardly playing. Coincidence or not that is they way it is.

He had 3 dunks, 2 of which came on breakaways. He still avoided contact whenever he was driving and couldn't get to the line once.

Anyone who's paid any kind of attention to the Suns can see that they've played better without Beasley throughout the season. To imply otherwise is to be willfully ignorant.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had 3 dunks, 2 of which came on breakaways. He still avoided contact whenever he was driving and couldn't get to the line once.

Anyone who's paid any kind of attention to the Suns can see that they've played better without Beasley throughout the season. To imply otherwise is to be willfully ignorant.

Agreed. I'm all for playing Beasley major minutes as I've said many times but it takes absurdity to a new level to even sort of imply we've had better results because of him.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!! That is absolutely hilarious. Yes, lets ignore that the Suns have, by every statistical measure, been an immensely better team without the Sleaze on the floor, because as it turns out, his total and complete incompetence is secretly the key to our "success".

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!! That is absolutely hilarious. Yes, lets ignore that the Suns have, by every statistical measure, been an immensely better team without the Sleaze on the floor, because as it turns out, his total and complete incompetence is secretly the key to our "success".

Not sure what you don't understand about it.

the bottom line is that the Suns win more games when he plays

+/- stats have nothing to do with that at all. Sucking but every once in a while being good enough to win your team a game is better than a team that is just sucking and never winning a game like the Suns without Beasley (and Brown).

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

You are delusional. When he was playing more the Suns schedule was much weaker than it's been since he's role has been reduced. The team plays better when he's not on the court. Beyond the +/- stats(you know the ones that actually show how the team preforms when players are playing) anyone who has actually watched the games knows how bad he's been.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure what you don't understand about it.

+/- stats have nothing to do with that at all. Sucking but every once in a while being good enough to win your team a game is better than a team that is just sucking and never winning a game like the Suns without Beasley (and Brown).

Our record difference has everything to do with our cream puff schedule when he was starting compared to the murderous schedule we've played for the last several weeks... and nothing to do with Beasley carrying us to wins with his 35% shooting and matador defense. Maybe the REAL secret is that Beasley is so awful that the league takes pity and substitutes the Bobcats for the Thunder on nights when they know Beasley is playing.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our record difference has everything to do with our cream puff schedule when he was starting compared to the murderous schedule we've played for the last several weeks... and nothing to do with Beasley carrying us to wins with his 35% shooting and matador defense. Maybe the REAL secret is that Beasley is so awful that the league takes pity and substitutes the Bobcats for the Thunder on nights when they know Beasley is playing.

Well, I'd say the schedule is the big difference but Dragic and Gortat still believed in themselves and Telfair and Brown were still playing for the team instead of whatever the heck they've been doing the last month or so.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I'd say the schedule is the big difference but Dragic and Gortat still believed in themselves and Telfair and Brown were still playing for the team instead of whatever the heck they've been doing the last month or so.

Steve

I think that has a bit to do with the schedule too. The realities of our talent level has sunk in, it wasnt as apparent when we were facing cellar dwellers ever other night.

And I think, as quotes from the players have demonstrated over and over, playing along side stupid and selfish players like Beasley and Brown really shredded whatever cohesiveness the team had.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were there quotes from anyone other than Gortat? I don't remember reading any.

I don't remember reading any either but I think that's the result of an uninterested fan base. Not as many Suns articles floating around this site as there have been in previous seasons. I do know the announcers and the Tom&Tom show have talked about some of the comments coming from the locker room. I don't recall the exact quote but O'Neal talked about how some players started playing for their next contract (or something like that) once the team had begun struggling.

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard