Bad Bad Levi Brown...

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Reaching for Brown at #5 was plain dumb. You take an impact player at 5. AP is impact. He could have stretched the field for us and putting the opposing D on their heels more likely perhaps. Like joe said Grimm has never taught a player to be a good pass protector. Brown already knows how to run block. Picking Brown could very well turn out to be a major blunder if Edge gets hurt this year (perish the thought).

It could also be the best pick ever. We'll just have to wait and see. Never know we might get a RB later.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep spinning.

Rod Graves' lack of a contingency plan killed us as we again picked for need and not BPA. Levi Brown would've been there at #15. Today is just another notch in the Rod Graves belt of incompetence.

You are the ONLY person I've heard who says this

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Smith, a well respected reporter, said that if Brown was availlable at 8 the Falcons were taking him. Talk about spinning

That was going to be my question. I don't have a problem with drafting Brown, but #5 money is going to be a problem if his market value wasn't there.

If he was going to be gone by 8, I don't have as much problem with the pick.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
AP can't make an impact if he can't get past the line.

Or if he's on IR

As for Gambo and Ash, they are morons and when they speak about football or basketball they prove their lack of knowledge.

It was reported that the falcons were going to take Brown at 8. QUIT SAYING HE WOULD'VE BEEN AVAILABLE @ 12.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wouldn't stretch the field for us Ass?

Maybe if we split him out wide but he doesn't have much experience catching passes. He's not a Reggie Bush type. As a RB no defense would be worried about him knowing they'd be getting to him in the backfield.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd have guessed there's a 50/50 chance he'd have been there midway through the draft.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd have guessed there's a 50/50 chance he'd have been there midway through the draft.

I'll defer to you guys since I don't follow college football that closely.

They are saying that the #1 pick is going to get a $28M signing bonus. Where does this put #5, $16-18M?

That is sad that the Cards could not have got him at a lower slot, but it looks like the "trade up" market this year is a vacuum.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Or if he's on IR

As for Gambo and Ash, they are morons and when they speak about football or basketball they prove their lack of knowledge.

It was reported that the falcons were going to take Brown at 8. QUIT SAYING HE WOULD'VE BEEN AVAILABLE @ 12.

So at #5 in the draft you pick an OT that you hope Russ Grimm can teach how to pass block and handle speed rushers in the NFL instead of a guy that can step in at RB who already knows how to run the ball. That is one thing you don't have to teach Adrian Peterson I can assure you of that.

You also hope that Edgerin James doesn't get hurt this year either. What if Edge gets hurt (I hope not)? RB's don't ever get hurt in the NFL do they? Edge has never been hurt before has he? What becomes your position of need then?

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting Chris Henry from Arizona in the third. I think he was underutilized in college. He could be one of the steals of the draft. I would be hesitant to take Bush higher than the fourth round. I heard his leg isn't healing as well as expected.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
So at #5 in the draft you pick an OT that you hope Russ Grimm can teach how to pass block and handle speed rushers in the NFL instead of a guy that can step in at RB who already knows how to run the ball. That is one thing you don't have to teach Adrian Peterson I can assure you of that.

You also hope that Edgerin James doesn't get hurt this year either. What if Edge gets hurt (I hope not)? RB's don't ever get hurt in the NFL do they? Edge has never been hurt before has he? What becomes your position of need then?

You lose every advantage Edge or Peterson gives you when you can't block for them. They absolutely had to get a tackle that can play right away. The only one left was Brown and they like him better than Thomas as do others. If they had the line in place, they could have taken Peterson. Hell they could've made a trade and gotten the best player in the draft, Calvin Johnson. Tackle became a priority over BPA once they let Davis walk.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
So at #5 in the draft you pick an OT that you hope Russ Grimm can teach how to pass block and handle speed rushers in the NFL

And you are sure he wouldn't be doing the same thing with a lesser prospect in Rd 2 or later because????

instead of a guy that can step in at RB who already knows how to run the ball. That is one thing you don't have to teach Adrian Peterson I can assure you of that.

You also don't have to teach him how to get to the trainers room because he knows how to get there also. Don't get me wrong I love the kid's talent but being hurt time and again is a huge ass red flag.

Yes RBs get hurt so do Olinemen, Dlinemen, LBs, and every other damn position in the NFL. Its a full contact sport.

Solving a possible injury issue with guy whose constantly injured? How does that make any sense? You're beyond reaching now

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And you are sure he wouldn't be doing the same thing with a lesser prospect in Rd 2 or later because????

You also don't have to teach him how to get to the trainers room because he knows how to get there also. Don't get me wrong I love the kid's talent but being hurt time and again is a huge ass red flag.

Yes RBs get hurt so do Olinemen, Dlinemen, LBs, and every other damn position in the NFL. Its a full contact sport.

Solving a possible injury issue with guy whose constantly injured? How does that make any sense? You're beyond reaching now

Constanyly injured huh? He's only the 2nd alltime rusher at the University of Oklahoma. I guess he did all of that in the trainers room huh? Uh last time I checked OU has a history of let's say decent RB's. Ever heard of Billy Sims (Lions). Gregg Pruitt(Browns). Steve Owens(Heisman trophy winner and Detroit Lions). Oh yeah Joe Washington (Colts).

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Constanyly injured huh? He's only the 2nd alltime rusher at the University of Oklahoma. I guess he did all of that in the trainers room huh? Uh last time I checked OU has a history of let's say decent RB's. Ever heard of Billy Sims (Lions). Gregg Pruitt(Browns). Steve Owens(Heisman trophy winner and Detroit Lions). Oh yeah Joe Washington (Colts).

Did he or did he not have collarbone injuries twice this past year? Did he or did he not miss the overwhelming majority of this season?

Past accomplishments are great but do to the maasive overuse of him by Stoopes during his college career, it may ruin his future in the NFL. Its the same reason why the Chiefs now want to get rid of LJ because they overused him so much, his future comes into question.

Again I love his talent but when you are spending a small fortune on a #5 pick then you have to be absolutely certain that he will help immediately. With his injury history, its hard to say that he would be.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did he or did he not have collarbone injuries twice this past year? Did he or did he not miss the overwhelming majority of this season?

Past accomplishments are great but do to the maasive overuse of him by Stoopes during his college career, it may ruin his future in the NFL. Its the same reason why the Chiefs now want to get rid of LJ because they overused him so much, his future comes into question.

Again I love his talent but when you are spending a small fortune on a #5 pick then you have to be absolutely certain that he will help immediately. With his injury history, its hard to say that he would be.

He missed less than half of the season and came back for Fiesta Bowl. The kid is tough. The more carries he gets in a game the better he gets.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
bottom line almost every analyst agrees that you draft TALENT in the top 5, not need. That being said Peterson was #3 on the big board and should of been taken or we should have traded down.

Gambo and Ash drew a good point in saying nobody in the league respects graves and all try to low ball him so no deals get done. So then we reach (levi was going to go 10-12). Horrible Horrible pick

Vic Carruicci: Offensive tackle was a major priority for the Cardinals, and Brown looks as if he will fill that hole well. There wasn't all that wide of a ratings gap between Thomas and Brown. The Cards certainly could have gone with Adrian Peterson in hopes of improving their running game, which needs a serious boost. Of course, adding Brown should make a significant difference in Arizona's ability to run the ball while also allowing Matt Leinart to take his game to another level.

Gil Brandt: Levi Brown was a four-year starter at Penn State. History tells us that when offensive linemen start over 40 games in their college careers, they turn out to be outstanding players in the NFL. This is a person that finished Penn State in 3 1/2 years and has excellent strength, which is very important as a tackle in the NFL. I think Arizona got its tackle for about the next 12 years, which is a very good sign.

Pat Kirwan: Levi Brown has 45 starts in college football. He's an outstanding run blocker. Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm are bringing a running game to Arizona, and this is the first step. I thought they could have moved down a few spots and still have gotten Brown.

Finally, Russ Grimm doesn't agree with you and the Brady Quinn debacle proves that there was no trade down possibility in the top 10.

NFL_FAN

NFL_FAN
Reaction score
Very simply put, I REALLY REALLY LIKE IT!!! Haven't said that about Arizona 1st round draft picks in a while. Don't overanalyze, I have liked previous picks but I really like this one.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Vic Carruicci: Offensive tackle was a major priority for the Cardinals, and Brown looks as if he will fill that hole well. There wasn't all that wide of a ratings gap between Thomas and Brown. The Cards certainly could have gone with Adrian Peterson in hopes of improving their running game, which needs a serious boost. Of course, adding Brown should make a significant difference in Arizona's ability to run the ball while also allowing Matt Leinart to take his game to another level.

Gil Brandt: Levi Brown was a four-year starter at Penn State. History tells us that when offensive linemen start over 40 games in their college careers, they turn out to be outstanding players in the NFL. This is a person that finished Penn State in 3 1/2 years and has excellent strength, which is very important as a tackle in the NFL. I think Arizona got its tackle for about the next 12 years, which is a very good sign.

Pat Kirwan: Levi Brown has 45 starts in college football. He's an outstanding run blocker. Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm are bringing a running game to Arizona, and this is the first step. I thought they could have moved down a few spots and still have gotten Brown.

Finally, Russ Grimm doesn't agree with you and the Brady Quinn debacle proves that there was no trade down possibility in the top 10.

You can never have too many good RB's on your team. Impact players are chosen at #5.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Make it two nidan.

Thirded. Like Mao is the only person who has suggested that Graves is incompetent. :rolleyes:

The NFL continues to surprise Rod Graves. Maybe he's not cut out for this line of work. Maybe if you're still being surprised by free agency and the draft after you've been on the job for four or five years, you should start thinking about narrowing your career goals.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thirded. Like Mao is the only person who has suggested that Graves is incompetent. :rolleyes:

The NFL continues to surprise Rod Graves. Maybe he's not cut out for this line of work. Maybe if you're still being surprised by free agency and the draft after you've been on the job for four or five years, you should start thinking about narrowing your career goals.

Hear ye hear ye. Dang we got him for another two years too. Oh brother.......

Look at how agressive Phil Savage is for the Browns. He isn't afraid to make a move to put a winner on the field it appears. Compare him to Graves.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Hear ye hear ye. Dang we got him for another two years too. Oh brother.......

Look at how agressive Phil Savage is for the Browns. He isn't afraid to make a move to put a winner on the field it appears. Compare him to Graves.

Didn't they have a worse record then we did last year? Yup there's a franchise we should model after :sarcasm:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard