Bad mix

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It could easily get worse. Frustration and bickering could easily take over.

I think there were already grumblings (maybe media generated) about KD being frustrated by Beal not playing. The KD body language didn't sit well with a lot of fans and i'm sure the coaches and teammates are even more in tune with how things are internally.

At first i really enjoyed Vogel's positivity, but now it just seems like smoke he's blowing up our arses.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think there were already grumblings (maybe media generated) about KD being frustrated by Beal not playing. The KD body language didn't sit well with a lot of fans and i'm sure the coaches and teammates are even more in tune with how things are internally.

At first i really enjoyed Vogel's positivity, but now it just seems like smoke he's blowing up our arses.
I think Vogel's sound bits have ALWAYS been smoke and coach-speak. It's the worst thing about sports -- players/coaches/execs all speak the same generic language. That's why I appreciate some of the podcast work that players do -- like KD, and yes, even Draymond Green. At least you get some authentic takes outside of the "NBA Media" bubble.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're only going to get better - not like we can do any worse especially in the 4th quarters lol - but we're definitely making the playoffs

Our remaining schedule is one of the toughest in the league. And given the history of many of our top players, I think the injuries are unlikely to ebb.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see that happening - maybe here on ASFN (myself included lol)
It’s happened on every team KD has ever been on, most them being active title contenders or even favorites. Why wouldn’t it happen here on a team that looks like it might not even make the playoffs?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Our remaining schedule is one of the toughest in the league. And given the history of many of our top players, I think the injuries are unlikely to ebb.
Yeah, I don't think people realize we've had the second easiest schedule in the league! All the signs on this team right now are awful.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
So what? If they put it together, then it doesn't matter what the schedule is. If they don't, then the schedule is the least of our problems.
So it's going to be much harder to climb out of our hole playing good teams more consistently.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
I don't see that happening - maybe here on ASFN (myself included lol)

Hope you are right. If things don't improve I think its likely they turn on the coach.

Another issue is that the suns have (7) seven players expiring or with player options. We attracted a lot of guys on the cheap based on championship aspirations and to play with (3) three superstars. If this season ends in a train wreck we could be in worse shape next season. Guys will bolt and replacing them will be difficult at best.

The second half of this season is HUGE, they better get it together.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
It’s happened on every team KD has ever been on, most them being active title contenders or even favorites. Why wouldn’t it happen here on a team that looks like it might not even make the playoffs?
We're making the playoffs - idk why keep saying this - our line up is literally healthy for the first time all damn season - we're already above .500 and we're just 4 games out of home court - not to mention 10 freakin teams make the damn playoffs now lol - this mental level of doom and gloom is understandable at times - like when we lose to the worst teams in the league - but I'll bet you $100 we make the playoffs cash money

As far as KD - same thing - he's actually having an amazing year and just publicly stated he doesn't want to be traded - that there's frustration but they have to work thru it

Remember the disaster that was Dallas last year? They missed the playoffs on purpose because they sucked so bad after getting Kyrie - guess who stayed and guess which team is 22 and 16 this year? Clippers too! This isn't instant noodles - not to mention it's best to get hot right before the playoffs

Nobody's demanding trades and we're healthy for the first time EVER - what we need to do is figure out the 4th quarter

I accept Venmo and cold hard cash btw

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We're making the playoffs - idk why keep saying this - our line up is literally healthy for the first time all damn season - we're already above .500 and we're just 4 games out of home court - not to mention 10 freakin teams make the damn playoffs now lol - this mental level of doom and gloom is understandable at times - like when we lose to the worst teams in the league - but I'll bet you $100 we make the playoffs cash money

As far as KD - same thing - he's actually having an amazing year and just publicly stated he doesn't want to be traded - that there's frustration but they have to work thru it

Remember the disaster that was Dallas last year? They missed the playoffs on purpose because they sucked so bad after getting Kyrie - guess who stayed and guess which team is 22 and 16 this year? Clippers too! This isn't instant noodles - not to mention it's best to get hot right before the playoffs

Nobody's demanding trades and we're healthy for the first time EVER - what we need to do is figure out the 4th quarter

I accept Venmo and cold hard cash btw
Bragging about making the playoffs is one of the funniest flexes ever for a team that is literally title or failure. We gave up everything to make this happen!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Bragging about making the playoffs is one of the funniest flexes ever for a team that is literally title or failure. We gave up everything to make this happen!
Who's bragging about making the playoffs? I simply said we'd make the playoffs

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
My opinion is that a coaching change will not fix this team’s issues. I think the problem starts with point Book. He’s clearly our best player, but that’s when he’s not handling PG duties.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Who's bragging about making the playoffs? I simply said we'd make the playoffs
Making the playoffs with a team that has gone all in on winning a championship is nothing! If we lose in the first round, it's as failure! If we get to the WCF and lose it's a failure!

Making the playoffs for teams that are allegedly title contenders should be a foregone conclusion, not an epic struggle.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Making the playoffs with a team that has gone all in on winning a championship is nothing! If we lose in the first round, it's as failure! If we get to the WCF and lose it's a failure!

Making the playoffs for teams that are allegedly title contenders should be a foregone conclusion, not an epic struggle.
Again - never said making the playoffs meant anything - I just said we'd make the playoffs - tap tap - is this thing on

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Unless this team is in a complete rebuild mode, anything short of a title is a fail.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I disagree, I think playing good teams will make us realize just how good we are or aren't. Beating the Pistons doesn't really tell us much about how good of a team we really are.
Ok.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
He was certainly better at it than Nurk, players did not challenge him like they challenge Nurk. His ability to roll hard to the basket is also missed. Nurk is incapable of catching lobs.
wait a minute... Ayton rolling hard to the basket? He hated contact, remember? IMHO, Nurk better at rolling hard to the hoop. Ayton better at midrange shots and covering guys outside the paint for sure.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I can't disagree with that. That's basically what the Suns do as soon as Book, KD or Beal touch the ball while everyone else just stands around waiting for a pass. Reminds me of my adult rec league.