Bad mix

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So it's going to be much harder to climb out of our hole playing good teams more consistently.
That’s a good thing imo, do it against quality competition. Let’s face it if they reeled off a 10 game steak against lesser people would just talk crap and say against weak teams blah blah! So get it together against good teams it will only help them either pull together and become good or fall apart, either way we will have an answer…

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't disagree with that. That's basically what the Suns do as soon as Book, KD or Beal touch the ball while everyone else just stands around waiting for a pass. Reminds me of my adult rec league.

the PHNX cast was saying that they think there's really no gameplan coming from coaches, which is why this is happening. There's a basic set, but nothing that they run time and and time again. So coaching could be one of the main issues for our offense. I dont think they have the sack to tell KD to move the ball, or maybe they just are not listening to coaching.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
the PHNX cast was saying that they think there's really no gameplan coming from coaches, which is why this is happening. There's a basic set, but nothing that they run time and and time again. So coaching could be one of the main issues for our offense. I dont think they have the sack to tell KD to move the ball, or maybe they just are not listening to coaching.
Reminds me of the USA team Olympic struggles back in the day - partly due to other teams playing together longer but also no real game planning - no real focus - that was on the coaching

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Watching the games, this shouldn't surprise anyone.

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
As we saw in the last game, only way this looks good is if at least 2 out of the 3 stars go off big. We need to be more active/aggressive from the 3 point line. But the way this team is built, at least 2 of the big 3 have to go off big time for the team to win more often.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As we saw in the last game, only way this looks good is if at least 2 out of the 3 stars go off big. We need to be more active/aggressive from the 3 point line. But the way this team is built, at least 2 of the big 3 have to go off big time for the team to win more often.
Not a surprise really. When you have a big three, you expect a couple of them to go off most nights. The big 3 went 32 for 55 and 12 for 21 from distance, that's a little better than we can expect but not by much. The hope is that with three highly dangerous scorers, all three can expect better looks than they'd get otherwise.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
They better get this crap figured out, i just got an invite to the Sixers game on the floor. I have hardly been watching lately cuz its hard to root for a team that looks like they dont care. I also got an invite for the Dbacks/Yankee series which is sad that this season with all the big 3 hype, i am more excited about a baseball game in April than watching this top heavy team of hyperchondriacs go thru motions like they have and express lane to the WCF. Even with the roster of min salary players, my belief is that Vogel is terrible and needs to be flushed yesterday

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They better get this crap figured out, i just got an invite to the Sixers game on the floor. I have hardly been watching lately cuz its hard to root for a team that looks like they dont care. I also got an invite for the Dbacks/Yankee series which is sad that this season with all the big 3 hype, i am more excited about a baseball game in April than watching this top heavy team of hyperchondriacs go thru motions like they have and express lane to the WCF. Even with the roster of min salary players, my belief is that Vogel is terrible and needs to be flushed yesterday
We have some obvious roster problems and some coaching question marks but I really don't believe we have any hypochondriacs on this team. I worry more about Booker playing through injuries when he shouldn't than I do any of them taking time off unjustifiably.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Can I be your friend? :p How do you get invited to floor seats? That's on my bucket list.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'd love to see how Little does in the Okogie role once he's healthy (if he isn't already). I feel like he can get you 80% of the defense and 200% off the offense when compared to JO.
Sadly that might be really accurate. If Okogie was even marginally better on the offensive end, he'd be a borderline star. A little more than that, and maybe even approaching Mikel Bridges level.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sadly that might be really accurate. If Okogie was even marginally better on the offensive end, he'd be a borderline star. A little more than that, and maybe even approaching Mikel Bridges level.

Maybe Marcus Smart would be the next evolution comparative of JO, if he ever improves.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Maybe Marcus Smart would be the next evolution comparative of JO, if he ever improves.
Those two would be luxuries. I'd be happy with a Dorian Finney Smith or Royce O'neal type that can make open 3 point shots at a reasonable percentage but not much else.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
We have some obvious roster problems and some coaching question marks but I really don't believe we have any hypochondriacs on this team. I worry more about Booker playing through injuries when he shouldn't than I do any of them taking time off unjustifiably.
That was more of a play on words, its laughable the games missed by this team. If its even remotely tied to rest its a friggen joke and a waste of $ for those that pay to watch them

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was more of a play on words, its laughable the games missed by this team. If its even remotely tied to rest its a friggen joke and a waste of $ for those that pay to watch them
Yeah I wish it were tied to "rest". Unfortunately Nurkic, Beal and KD are quite injury prone, in fact we've been lucky with KD and Nurk so far. We do seem to be experiencing a lot of problems with the rest of the roster from illness and injury but there'd be no reason to give them rest days.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wait a minute... Ayton rolling hard to the basket? He hated contact, remember? IMHO, Nurk better at rolling hard to the hoop. Ayton better at midrange shots and covering guys outside the paint for sure.
When I say rolling hard I mean moving forcefully toward the basket to catch a lob or yes god forbid a layup. The point is the defense respected his ability to finish at the rim one way or another.

Nurk cant make a layup except by pure luck if anyone is guarding him - most of the time we aren't even trying it because he is so bad at it everyone knows it's a bad idea to even try it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure, and I think that usually 2 out of 3 can do it. I am more concerned about the other guys making the open 3 pt shots - that is what makes or breaks this team if the offense is running correctly.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I say rolling hard I mean moving forcefully toward the basket to catch a lob or yes god forbid a layup. The point is the defense respected his ability to finish at the rim one way or another.

Nurk cant make a layup except by pure luck if anyone is guarding him - most of the time we aren't even trying it because he is so bad at it everyone knows it's a bad idea to even try it.
I don't think it was "respect", I think they were opportunists and knew the best way to get the ball is to take it from DA as he rolls to the basket. Ayton was a decent threat with his mid-range shot but I don't believe his inside game was ever feared or respected, by opponents or teammates.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nurkic fills a role at center for the Suns, but his quickness has been greatly diminished by injury. The Suns knew what they were getting when they traded for him, so I try not to be too critical.

If he stays healthy, I will be satisfied.