Bad Bad Levi Brown...

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
From Scouts, Inc.

5. Arizona Cardinals
The pick: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
Scouts take: Most draft analysts, including ourselves, didn't see Brown going this high, but it doesn't come as a complete shock because his stock has been steadily rising over the past two weeks. In fact, some front offices saw Brown as an equal if not better talent than Joe Thomas heading into this weekend. Of course, the departure of Leonard Davis has created a vacancy at left tackle, so getting Brown fills the Cardinals' most pressing need. Brown should immediately step in as the starter opposite free-agent signee Mike Gandy and for good reason. He is bigger and more physical than Thomas. His ability to open up holes and wear down opponents over the course of a game should please both RB Edgerrin James and new head coach Ken Whisenhunt, who is expected to run early and often.

Though Brown isn't an elite pass blocker and he needs to work on his footwork, he's no slouch either, so he should be able to hold his own depending on the matchup. More importantly, he has the athleticism and quickness to develop into an excellent pass blocker who can consistently hold his own on an island.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/news/story?id=2850167

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
We shall see. He obviously liked Quinn for his team. You read what Skorp said about Quinn in his thread earlier didn't you? He made a good case for taking Quinn.

I like Quinn but trading a 2nd rounder this year and a high first rounder next year for a guy that likely won't help this year is rather expensive.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I like Quinn but trading a 2nd rounder this year and a high first rounder next year for a guy that likely won't help this year is rather expensive.

...and Crennel probably won't be around long enough to see Quinn develop. If they were that intent on giving that much up, they should have picked up a player that could help them win this year...

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
...and Crennel probably won't be around long enough to see Quinn develop. If they were that intent on giving that much up, they should have picked up a player that could help them win this year...

Cleveland is in essence still an expansion franchise though. He is thinking long term. The Cards are anything but an expansion franchise.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd have guessed there's a 50/50 chance he'd have been there midway through the draft.

Who, Levi? He was gone by 9, no matter what. ARIZ, ATL and MIA were all open in their admiration for the guy and wanted him as much as we did.

He never would have made it past 9. Multiple "pundits" said this, and many with inside information.

Levi may not be the sexy pick, but he's damn sure a road grader...better than big and cheaper and younger. I'm all aboard that train.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and not wanting to use a top 10 pick on Quinn this year, but using next years top 10 pick to do it......logic doesn't flow for me.

Hmm, so he got Quinn and Joe Thomas for this years first and next year's first. Cleveland cleaned house...great draft for them.

And next year's won't be top ten at all.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least Cards are not deterred by all these so called experts and did what THEY think is right, whether it works or not we will see.

Damned right! I've been waiting to see who'd be first to make that point. And how about those cheap Cards moving up and paying more than standing pat.

az1965 - :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not? The entire offense was performing rather well the last few games of the season once the offensive line got settled.

Yes, save LD who still had issues...and he's the leader of the D?

He had absolutely no motivation, no leadership qualities and DID NOT WANT TO BE HERE. His lack of desire to play here was reflected in how much we didn't care to bounce him out of town.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes, save LD who still had issues...and he's the leader of the D?

He had absolutely no motivation, no leadership qualities and DID NOT WANT TO BE HERE. His lack of desire to play here was reflected in how much we didn't care to bounce him out of town.

Go back and watch the replay of the second Seattle game and tell me that guy you see wearing #75 for Arizona didn't care about the team or his play.

But that is all irrelevant because it doesn't matter who was allowed to leave or who was drafted to replace the lost player it still costs you to lose a starter without having an adequete replacement for him on the roster.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Go back and watch the replay of the second Seattle game and tell me that guy you see wearing #75 for Arizona didn't care about the team or his play.

But that is all irrelevant because it doesn't matter who was allowed to leave or who was drafted to replace the lost player it still costs you to lose a starter without having an adequete replacement for him on the roster.

Man, LD was okay, even above average, but he wasn't worth the 16 million signing bonus or whatever he robbed the cowgirls for.

You guys can type until you're blue in the face, but your never going to change my mind about that. I'm not for "keeping your powder dry", but moves have to makes sense from a talent standpoint and a financial standpoint. Not either-or.

And, OU will win the RRR by a touchdown this year. Mark it down. :)

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Graves admitted to Jurecki, on air, that AP was rated higher on the Cards board than Brown.

Basing my comment on what K9 said, it was simply his interpretation of what RG said.

And given that he and a few others are looking for reason to trash talk about RG, that is what he interpreted.

Not to mention that Wiz and Grimm reportedly wanted LB over JT anyway.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
This draft is the worst that I can ever remember. We reached for Leonard Davis 2 when we already had LD1. Brilliant. Got Branch who was far from a need, and gave up picks to do it when he would have been there anyway. and some bowling ball LB who is a MLB when we NEED an OLB.

Today sucked.

I refuse to be like others and pretend this was an awesome draft.

Newsflash folks: Cleveland, Buffalo, Carolina, and San Fran had solid drafts. The Cards are barely above Miami and San Diego.

We screwed the pooch big-time.

The list of who we could have had....you know, the players who would actually make a significant contribution, and would have filled GLARING needs...i.e. Poz instead of Branch, Hell, Michael Bush instead of Buster...sickening.

I can't wait until Graves is gone.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This draft is the worst that I can ever remember. We reached for Leonard Davis 2 when we already had LD1. Brilliant. Got Branch who was far from a need, and gave up picks to do it when he would have been there anyway. and some bowling ball LB who is a MLB when we NEED an OLB.

Today sucked.

I refuse to be like others and pretend this was an awesome draft.

Newsflash folks: Cleveland, Buffalo, Carolina, and San Fran had solid drafts. The Cards are barely above Miami and San Diego.

We screwed the pooch big-time.

The list of who we could have had....you know, the players who would actually make a significant contribution, and would have filled GLARING needs...i.e. Poz instead of Branch, Hell, Michael Bush instead of Buster...sickening.

I can't wait until Graves is gone.

:lmao:

I love your passion Harley no matter how misguided.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
:lmao:

I love your passion Harley no matter how misguided.

We shall see I guess.

Tell you what: If you think I'm mis-guided, I'll bet you a bottle of Patron right now that we pick in the top 6 next year.

Deal?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Man, LD was okay, even above average, but he wasn't worth the 16 million signing bonus or whatever he robbed the cowgirls for.

OK let's take Davis out of the equation for a second. I'd be saying the same thing if the Cards had let Chike Okeafor walk and used the #5 pick on Gaines Adams to replace him. Or Karlos Dansby/Patrick Willis.

I want to see the Cards get to the point where they take guys like Levi Brown to eventually replace or beat out guys they have on their roster. Not because they have no one at that position who is even remotely talented on the roster. (See 2003 and Jeff Blake who so many of you thought was going to be a terrific replacement for Jake Plummer.)

That's why I like the Branch pick. He's supposed to be a player and if Clancy and Watson etal can't compete he gets their spot. If Branch can't hack it we still have Clancy and Watson.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We shall see I guess.

Tell you what: If you think I'm mis-guided, I'll bet you a bottle of Patron right now that we pick in the top 6 next year.

Deal?

Done. But I want a big bottle of Crown instead. :thumbup:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK let's take Davis out of the equation for a second. I'd be saying the same thing if the Cards had let Chike Okeafor walk and used the #5 pick on Gaines Adams to replace him. Or Karlos Dansby/Patrick Willis.

I want to see the Cards get to the point where they take guys like Levi Brown to eventually replace or beat out guys they have on their roster. Not because they have no one at that position who is even remotely talented on the roster. (See 2003 and Jeff Blake who so many of you thought was going to be a terrific replacement for Jake Plummer.)

That's why I like the Branch pick. He's supposed to be a player and if Clancy and Watson etal can't compete he gets their spot. If Branch can't hack it we still have Clancy and Watson.

Thats all well and good Duck. Problem is you dotn go and pay a guy 50 million just so you can put yourself in your scenario when a guy clearly doesnt deserve it. You just dont pay underachievers. Thats a way to keep your team in a rut. Can you honestly say that LD wasnt a big part of that rut over the last 6 years? he certainly wasnt a bright spot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort