It Really Is This Bad: Projected Starters 2023

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
3 to 12, ended up being 3 to 6 after all was said and done, plus a projected top 5 pick next year. But it is quite different to your point.
Yep, definitely different unless assuming a similarly stupid move by a team like the Texans again. Lightning like that often doesn't strike twice.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yep, definitely different unless assuming a similarly stupid move by a team like the Texans again. Lightning like that often doesn't strike twice.
I respect Texans quality of quantity effort- they got the blue chip guys on each side of the ball, everybody else is easier to get - it worked out great for cards, but they had a plan and stuck to it.

THESMEL

Reaction score
Whatever!
Exactly - our online could be strong, running back could be used, 3rd dimension could open consistently for cardinals first time since Denny Greene. We could be much better then when Kyler looked like an mvp 1/2 a season just before last season.

we just fired the best offense for Kyler, but he could and other QBs could be learning the best offense for the team. Folks set here act like they know everything, they don’t, predict everything they can’t? Most the pros in media is about sales and personalities.

running The ball behind this line will make everything better, I think we compete in the NFCW- but I’m a cards fan- and I’m suppose hope

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Exactly - our online could be strong, running back could be used, 3rd dimension could open consistently for cardinals first time since Denny Greene. We could be much better then when Kyler looked like an mvp 1/2 a season just before last season.

we just fired the best offense for Kyler, but he could and other QBs could be learning the best offense for the team. Folks set here act like they know everything, they don’t, predict everything they can’t? Most the pros in media is about sales and personalities.

running The ball behind this line will make everything better, I think we compete in the NFCW- but I’m a cards fan- and I’m suppose hope
I believe you mean we just fired the WORST offense for Kyler… no roll-outs, no under center, no creativity. Simply a sitting duck asked to just improvise while WRs ran the same routes over and over again

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
You never know. This top 5-7 talent pool is supposed to be deep this year. It only takes one team to fall in love with a player.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Reaction score
I believe you mean we just fired the WORST offense for Kyler… no roll-outs, no under center, no creativity. Simply a sitting duck asked to just improvise while WRs ran the same routes over and over again
Worst For the team, but not Kyler in my view. It was set up for him to outperform NFL defenses personally, showed off his best and dressed up his worse. roger stauback . Fran tarkenton were great scramblers but they also leaned heavier on the team.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Worst For the team, but not Kyler in my view. It was set up for him to outperform NFL defenses personally, showed off his best and dressed up his worse. roger stauback . Fran tarkenton were great scramblers but they also leaned heavier on the team.
I agree, don’t forget Randall Cunningham!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

You do realize that running the football really isn't that important right now? The past two Super Bowl winners were heavily skewed pass. Running offers so much less benefit than passing in nearly every situation.

THESMEL

Reaction score
You do realize that running the football really isn't that important right now? The past two Super Bowl winners were heavily skewed pass. Running offers so much less benefit than passing in nearly every situation.
You’re barking up the wrong tree, with me - I’ve seen cards pass themselves to death for 2 decades.
incomplete is as bad as negative yardage, pass has way more sack,fumbles interceptions the run game. Most NFL games are won and lost by the negatives , not by the positive plays.
welcome to prove that otherwise.

eagles made the same mistake as cards in the superbowl - forgot what got them there, which was enough balance to make 3rd dimension possible. Then passed themselves to death in the superbowl.

cards-were worse team to make the playoffs in 08- insert-edge and earn time to throw bombs to Fitzgerald through the playoffs- then 10 stupid runs in the Super Bowl against a steeler defense- same in 09 - beanie was effective - started the blowout with a 80 yard rushing then 10 RB Carrie’s as saints knocked Warner out of the game twice and out of the NFL.

I blame worse sportever Payton for bountygate- but I blame whisenhunt for putting Kurt and Leinart and the whole damned team in the position for saints to pin their ears back and destroy the cards. It ain’t playoff football -never will be.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet

The Chiefs had 158 rushing yards in the Super Bowl with only 182 passing yards.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At 7% interest rates and banks not lending money, does the franchise have any liquidity?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You have to run to pass and pass to run just to keep defenses honest - but I'm hoping Gannon finds which we're better at this year because I honestly don't know

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
The only way I see the Cardinals playing well is the coaching staff being awesome and Kyle Murray playing like a top three quarterback. I fully expect the most entertaining part of this season will be the tailgating at the stadium.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We're really going to roll Colt on out there huh?

Non mobile injury prone 36 year old Colt McCoy

He'll be 37 a month from now

Behind this line

I'm like damn. Figured we'd want to start the tank off right but human sacrifice shows some real dedication

I mean it's good he's doing good in practice but Allen Iverson said it best. When it comes to the real deal I don't see McCoy making it to game McFive

Washington
Giants
Cowboys
Whiners

Those are our first 4 opponents - and all of them were top 13 in NFL sacks last year combing for 182 regular season take downs

Behind this line

I wouldn't put Kyler Murray behind this line unless he was 90% maybe even higher - it's great that he's flying through rehab but if he can't fly on the field he has no business behind this line

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're really going to roll Colt on out there huh?

Behind this line

I wouldn't put Kyler Murray behind this line unless he was 90% maybe even higher - it's great that he's flying through rehab but if he can't fly on the field he has no business behind this line
What better way to say that the season doesn't really start until Kyler gets back than to have Colt out there?