Bad Bad Levi Brown...

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No we all all aware that you and Mao think RG is a bumbling idiot.

Hence anything we do must be stupid. From what I have heard Wiz WANTED LB not JT

Good grief I hear people whining about a reach, this guy was likely gone at #8 if we don't pick him. Are you suggesting the drafting is that accurate science that you know he was value at 8 or 9 but not at 5. pleeeeze

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No we all all aware that you and Mao think RG is a bumbling idiot.

Hence anything we do must be stupid. From what I have heard Wiz WANTED LB not JT

Good grief I hear people whining about a reach, this guy was likely gone at #8 if we don't pick him. Are you suggesting the drafting is that accurate science that you know he was value at 8 or 9 but not at 5. pleeeeze

Are you suggesting that the default position for Rod Graves' decisions ought to be that they're correct? After directing this franchise to records of 4-12, 6-10, 5-11, and 5-11? You can't possibly be serious.

Teams like the Chargers, Pats, Colts, Bears, and Ravens don't get their decisions questioned because their iffy decisions generally work out. Rod Graves gets no benefit of the doubt because every time he makes a judgement call, it turns out to be wrong.

Graves gambled that Joe Thomas would fall to #5 overall. He lost that gamble, and so we had to reach for Levi Brown after he called the three teams below us and no one was interested in sending over a shoebox full of pogs for the #5 overall pick. Nice planning, Rod. Thanks for putting us in the position where we had to draft for need.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Are you suggesting that the default position for Rod Graves' decisions ought to be that they're correct? After directing this franchise to records of 4-12, 6-10, 5-11, and 5-11? You can't possibly be serious.

Teams like the Chargers, Pats, Colts, Bears, and Ravens don't get their decisions questioned because their iffy decisions generally work out. Rod Graves gets no benefit of the doubt because every time he makes a judgement call, it turns out to be wrong.

Graves gambled that Joe Thomas would fall to #5 overall. He lost that gamble, and so we had to reach for Levi Brown after he called the three teams below us and no one was interested in sending over a shoebox full of pogs for the #5 overall pick. Nice planning, Rod. Thanks for putting us in the position where we had to draft for need.

Even if Leonard Davis was still here we'd take Levi Brown. Whiz didn't want Adrian Peterson because he recognizes that you can make a running back with a good offensive line. If Gaines Adams was there, he probably would've been our pick.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Even if Leonard Davis was still here we'd take Levi Brown. Whiz didn't want Adrian Peterson because he recognizes that you can make a running back with a good offensive line. If Gaines Adams was there, he probably would've been our pick.

Good. Because a line of Davis-M. Brown-Johnson-Luitui-L. Brown would have been infinitely desiriable to whatever group that we'll end up putting out there.

Opening over-under on sacks allowed by Levi regardless of what side of the line he plays on: 10.5.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Graves gambled that Joe Thomas would fall to #5 overall.

That is nothing more than your opinion.

so we had to reach for Levi Brown

Not everybody thinks so

after he called the three teams below us and no one was interested in sending over a shoebox full of pogs for the #5 overall pick.

That comment is so pathetic and does nothing more than show how you consider nothing RG could do would ever be good enough, like I said you think he is a bumbling idiot.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

I guess you either have a crystal ball or you saw the cards draft board???

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Not everybody thinks so

That comment is so pathetic and does nothing more than show how you consider nothing RG could do would ever be good enough, like I said you think he is a bumbling idiot.

True he clowns him for the pace/ bryant but no props for Q??

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Graves admitted to Jurecki, on air, that AP was rated higher on the Cards board than Brown.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Not everybody thinks so

When RG puts a team on the field that finishes at least 9-7 I will gladly eat any crow you serve to me.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
bottom line almost every analyst agrees that you draft TALENT in the top 5, not need. That being said Peterson was #3 on the big board and should of been taken or we should have traded down.

Gambo and Ash drew a good point in saying nobody in the league respects graves and all try to low ball him so no deals get done. So then we reach (levi was going to go 10-12). Horrible Horrible pick

It takes two to tango and the Cards were dancing alone in the trade dance.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
who fans?

NOT ONE mock had him going anywhere near top 5....why? he's not top 5 material

he has to make the pro bowl pretty much every year to justify the pick at #5....he went way too early

Was 8 too early for him? Because the falcons were going to take him if we didn't.

Have you ever looked at a mock draft after the draft finished? Here's a hint all of them are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY off.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Hear ye hear ye. Dang we got him for another two years too. Oh brother.......

Look at how agressive Phil Savage is for the Browns. He isn't afraid to make a move to put a winner on the field it appears. Compare him to Graves.

You heard it hear 1st: When this draft is re-analyzed in 2010 (3 years out), the Browns 1st round of 2007 will have set the team back for a decade and will be known as a collasal bust. This is just my opinion...but, I feel that the Browns drafted the two top 10 (based on pre draft analysis) players with the most potential to be a bust.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
who fans?

NOT ONE mock had him going anywhere near top 5....why? he's not top 5 material

he has to make the pro bowl pretty much every year to justify the pick at #5....he went way too early

Ya mean like Leonard Davis did when he was picked in the #2 spot?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to blame someone...Rod Graves, or Ken Whisenhunt--or both--blame them for not addressing the need earlier...but don't blame them for this pick. This was a MUST pick.

The good news is, a number of scouts had reported that they liked Brown better than Thomas...now, only time will tell.

Russ Grimm had Brown rated as his #1 tackle in the draft. That should be good enough for any of us.

Even better news...at least the offensive line situation is finally getting the major attention it needs.
I agree with you here Mitch ...

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, Divide Et Impera, what would be unreal...acquire G Alan Faneca...and here it is:

LT Brown, Levi
LG Faneca
C Johnson
RG Lutui
RT Gandy

Which would mean...only 1 of last year's starters (Lutui) remain...now that's an overhaul!

Reserves:

LT Ross
LG Brown, Milford
C Leckey
RG Wells, Brown, Elton
RT Gorin

And...perhaps there will be another o-lineman taken in this draft.
I would really like to add Faneca now .. that would really bring in some real talent for Grimm to work with ...

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You heard it hear 1st: When this draft is re-analyzed in 2010 (3 years out), the Browns 1st round of 2007 will have set the team back for a decade and will be known as a collasal bust. This is just my opinion...but, I feel that the Browns drafted the two top 10 (based on pre draft analysis) players with the most potential to be a bust.

Phil Savage isn't afraid to make a move to help his team though. It's called a sense of urgency. We could use some of that sense in our FO. Let's just sit pat and finish 4-12 and 5-11 every year though. DG isn't around anymore to tell Rod when to sit pat and when not to.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Phil Savage isn't afraid to make a move to help his team though. It's called a sense of urgency. We could use some of that sense in our FO. Let's just sit pat and finish 4-12 and 5-11 every year though. DG isn't around anymore to tell Rod when to sit pat and when not to.

...and DG telling Rod who to draft and when to draft really helped out in the wins and losses columns...

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

Trading possibly a top 10 pick for a QB that won't help you this year isn't urgency.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trading possibly a top 10 pick for a QB that won't help you this year isn't urgency.

We shall see. He obviously liked Quinn for his team. You read what Skorp said about Quinn in his thread earlier didn't you? He made a good case for taking Quinn. Now Savage has his QB and Joe Thomas at LT to protect him. Solid moves and he wasn't afraid to make them.

Last edited: