Bad Bad Levi Brown...

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Before gas prices got ridiculous I thoght about flying in to Phoenix and renting a car. After I got the final cost it was 60 dollars cheaper to rent a car from where i live and drive to and from AZ. I live in NW Arkansas. So that what i did. Road trips are always fun.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before gas prices got ridiculous I thoght about flying in to Phoenix and renting a car. After I got the final cost it was 60 dollars cheaper to rent a car from where i live and drive to and from AZ. I live in NW Arkansas. So that what i did. Road trips are always fun.

Did you go down into Texas, and then take the I-10 all the way in?

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
40 to Flagstaff and South on 17 would have been the easiest route.

I have family in Tucson so i take 40 to 25 south to go to Tucson. saves some ear poping. If i am really feeling good I would go through Shilo and Globe. Love the sceenery and driving through the tunnels.

Last edited:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I dont love this pick but I dont hate it either for the following reasons,

1. We didnt pass on Adams or Thomas to get him.
2. According to Graves the Cards didnt get a single phone call in the war room for trades.
3. Info I did not know or anyone else knew at this time yesterday. Apparently Grimm was the one who worked out the Penn St. OL drills during their pro day.

Again I dont hate it but I am not loving it yet either. Here is to 2 new D players in the next 2 rounds.

I was a Thomas guy all the way until about a week before the draft when I begin to look into the bios of each guy and read commentary from many sources. At that point I decided Brown was the better gamble than Thomas and am happy we have him.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
I was a Thomas guy all the way until about a week before the draft when I begin to look into the bios of each guy and read commentary from many sources. At that point I decided Brown was the better gamble than Thomas and am happy we have him.

I was hoping for Thomas but began to suspect one of the teams ahead of us would pick him. I knew we needed him or Brown in round 1. I am pleased with the pick and am glad he found a warm welcome on the team from Edge and Leinart. I hope his presence can settle the o-line--then we can go on to worry about another facet of the team.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was hoping for Thomas but began to suspect one of the teams ahead of us would pick him. I knew we needed him or Brown in round 1. I am pleased with the pick and am glad he found a warm welcome on the team from Edge and Leinart. I hope his presence can settle the o-line--then we can go on to worry about another facet of the team.
One concern I had about Thomas (maybe justified; but probably not) was "how much did he want it?"

Not so mucn because he went fishing on draft day, but that he seems to have the personality-set of a bright guy with numerous interests - the kind of guy who could be equally satisfied making money in the business world as he could playing football.

Sometimes this translates to contract negotiations problems or early retirement ("to fulfill a dream") or something like that - an admirable trait in human terms. But from a football standpoint, I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have the guy who (as P Kirwin pointed out a day or so ago) did well in school "so that there'd be no risk of being ineligible to play football ("because football was his life.")

Joe Thomas comes across as the ideal guy you'd like to marry your kid sister. Levi Brown comes across as equally bright, but I can't help but wonder whether he wants it more.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
One concern I had about Thomas (maybe justified; but probably not) was "how much did he want it?"

Not so mucn because he went fishing on draft day, but that he seems to have the personality-set of a bright guy with numerous interests - the kind of guy who could be equally satisfied making money in the business world as he could playing football.

Sometimes this translates to contract negotiations problems or early retirement ("to fulfill a dream") or something like that - an admirable trait in human terms. But from a football standpoint, I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have the guy who (as P Kirwin pointed out a day or so ago) did well in school "so that there'd be no risk of being ineligible to play football ("because football was his life.")

Joe Thomas comes across as the ideal guy you'd like to marry your kid sister. Levi Brown comes across as equally bright, but I can't help but wonder whether he wants it more.

From the satire site The Brushback:

Joe Thomas To Skip Training Camp To Go Fishing
CLEVELAND--Browns top draft pick Joe Thomas announced today that he would skip training camp in order to go on a two-week long fishing expedition with his dad.
“July is a tough month for me because that’s the month my dad and I head out to Montana to go fishing,” Thomas said. “So obviously I’m not going to be able make training camp. Now don’t freak out, everyone. I’ll definitely be ready for opening day. It’s just that I don’t really see the point in going out there and sweating my butt off and dealing with the coaches and the media and the whole damn rigmarole when I could be out on the lake, sipping a beer, and spending quality time with my dad. To me, some things are just more important than football. I guess I’m kind of old fashioned like that.”
The Browns applauded the decision by Thomas, calling him a “good family man” who has his priorities in proper order.
http://www.thebrushback.com/

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Potential mid-season headline: Thomas and Browns play like they would rather be fishing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort