ASFN has a new owner.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I did that last September. ;)

I didn't get this reference initially. If you're talking about the thread I think you're talking about, that's pretty mild stuff compared to some of mine. And you get another chance to redeem yourself on the anniversary of your birth.:)

Steve

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been on here since 2008. ;)

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the mystery e mail contains bad info, so if you didn't get one that would be a good thing.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting a lastest thread list and a tweet list on the right side of the screen?

I don't like it and can we please get rid of it or have an option to hide it?

Thanks

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone else getting a lastest thread list and a tweet list on the right side of the screen?

Thanks

Yes. Under and above ads since I'm not (yet) a contributor.

Highly distracting, annoying and it makes reading the thread more difficult since it compacts the thread. I'm also getting my user information. I know who I am and don't really care when I last visited. There! My gripe for the day and in before 9:00am!

Last edited:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Highly distracting, annoying and it makes reading the thread more difficult since it compacts the thread. I'm also getting my user information. I know who I am and don't really care when I last visited. There! My gripe for the day and in before 9:00am!

I am a contributor and get these add on features.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At first blush, I don't like it. But it's possible it will grow on me. I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't end up liking it in a week or two.

Steve

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks

I am a contributor and get these add on features.

I meant I was getting the new features AND the ads.

The whole site is smushed and much harder to read

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot how much harder it would be to read this site on a smaller screen with the latest threads section. I suggest it be turned off inside of threads for everyone and that users control whether they see it as part of the regular board layout. JMO.

Steve

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the latest thread idea and the tweet section myself. I don't really care for the box that reminds me who I am. However, I remain the right to change my mind on that in a few years when senility kicks in.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am still tweaking it. The ads you see as a non supporting member is by far less then what Keebali had. There are only 3 and the site loads super fast compared to Keebali's 6 - 8 ads they had on the site.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Thanks for buying the site, Shaggy and Iceman.

As a Phoenician for the past 36 years, I am glad ASFN is, once again, locally owned.

And thanks for reducing the width of the column on the right significantly. It was a good compromise to my suggestion (on the Suns board) to not leave it as it had been changed.

Ironically, without scrolling down the list, I would not have seen this thread, because I post to just the Suns and D-backs boards.

Good job, guys. :thumbup::thumbup: I am proud to be a contributor. I hope to see more posters do the same.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is Keebali going to refund me the $18.95 they stole from me and you guys after you took over ownership. That $18.95 should be in your pocket as my contribution to ASFN, not theirs.

BTW, I never opted for auto renewal.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will. The latest thread will probably be staying but may tweak the ad sizes so you aren't losing so much forum space.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn