ASFN Appreciation Thread 2024

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Color me impressed. Im not going to lie, I found desertdawg difficult to read and disagreed with you all the time. I find myself agreeing with birdgangthing all the time (other than Monty). Goes to show how much delivery can completely alter impression. Glad you’re here. Now and again I’ll check myself and change my style. Have a tendency to slip up time and again, but I keep trying.
Same, one of the more enjoyable entertaining posters now.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never made the connection but now that you say it, it makes sense.

My best friend died three years ago. This is the ONLY place I find Cards fans as die hard and knowledgeable as me. I joined this community back in 1998. A length of time it is hard to wrap my mind around. It is still my go to internet stop. Multiple times a day, every day. I learn more here, get more news here, than anywhere else. And, it is still fun.

Thanks everybody.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Wow, a lot of old times in this thread. (About to hit 55 myself) This used to be such a huge part of my every day. Unfortunately, work, family, etc don't give me much free time for this anymore, but it's still my #1 spot, especially for predraft/free agency info on the Cards.

I will say, talking about the old days and this being such a great place to know everything about the team... I was talking to my dad a few years back and he mentioned his best friend from High School (Coronado) was now a doctor and did a lot of knee surgeries on the Cardinals players. I was like, you were best friends with Dr. Russel Chick? My dad (a cowboy fan - with limited knowledge of anyone in their org - was like, how in the world do you know that Rusty Chick is the Cardinals team doctor? I said, you like the Cowboys, I'm a fan of the Cardinals... there is a difference.

Anyway, good to see some names on this thread from way back.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wow, a lot of old times in this thread. (About to hit 55 myself) This used to be such a huge part of my every day. Unfortunately, work, family, etc don't give me much free time for this anymore, but it's still my #1 spot, especially for predraft/free agency info on the Cards.

I will say, talking about the old days and this being such a great place to know everything about the team... I was talking to my dad a few years back and he mentioned his best friend from High School (Coronado) was now a doctor and did a lot of knee surgeries on the Cardinals players. I was like, you were best friends with Dr. Russel Chick? My dad (a cowboy fan - with limited knowledge of anyone in their org - was like, how in the world do you know that Rusty Chick is the Cardinals team doctor? I said, you like the Cowboys, I'm a fan of the Cardinals... there is a difference.

Anyway, good to see some names on this thread from way back.
Dr chick was our Nextdoor neighbor growing up.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would love to see a list of sub 35 ASFN posters.
34 checking in
Before this board, I would get super excited to talk football with anyone. Most people I would talk football about barely knew anything about the teams they followed.
This is exactly how I found this board as well. Was stationed all over the place in the Air Force and could never find anyone to talk Cardinals football with. Googled "Arizona Cardinals message boards" and found this place. Stockholm Syndrome has kept me around since.