Watching Suns games

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Greetings my orange and purple friends - as some of you know I work and have to stream games from my phone - and I'm not trying to pay for it lol

So someone hipped me to this app - it lags - sometimes like a full 30 seconds behind the television broadcast - I know this because of the ASFN game threads

It will also cut out from time - but you'll learn quick on which links to click

They just upgraded their app btw - I believe that's why it only has 100K downloads

I have a older phone I use - it doesn't even have service lol - this way I can both stream games and kick it on ASFN at the same time

*Disclaimer

I am not affiliated with the site at all - this is just my good deed of the day

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you found a way to stream games that works for you.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't imagine this app staying available in official app stores for long. I tried illegal streaming sports for a while when Bally's was getting dropped by all of the live streaming services, but I found that it was more trouble than it was worth.

Also, with Suns Live you can pay the $15 per month and support the team with their ground breaking move to make games available to as many fans as possible.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't imagine this app staying available in official app stores for long. I tried illegal streaming sports for a while when Bally's was getting dropped by all of the live streaming services, but I found that it was more trouble than it was worth.

Also, with Suns Live you can pay the $15 per month and support the team with their ground breaking move to make games available to as many fans as possible.

Just want to add, they have an annual deal for $109.99 and it comes with a free Suns t-shirt. That definitely makes going all in for the season more tempting, IMO. It's supposed to be a limited edition shirt only available that way as well, which is cool.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio Channel 3 AZFamily is leaving Youtube TV in about 9 days. My Antennae not working, Sadness.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I understand the sentiment but what more can Ishbia do? It's available over the air to approximately 90% of the state. Get an antenna. He isn't involved in the squabble between 3TV and YouTube TV. That issue is no different than when Dish, DirectTV, Cox, whoever has disputes with a channel over rights fees. Neither side admits wrong doing and the customer gets a bigger bill. Avoid that entirely by getting an antenna.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand the sentiment but what more can Ishbia do? It's available over the air to approximately 90% of the state. Get an antenna. He isn't involved in the squabble between 3TV and YouTube TV. That issue is no different than when Dish, DirectTV, Cox, whoever has disputes with a channel over rights fees. Neither side admits wrong doing and the customer gets a bigger bill. Avoid that entirely by getting an antenna.
Actually I have a feeling Ishiba could do a lot.

This is all about money - ch 3 thought they could raise their price to Youtube TV from the price they paid the Suns for coverage and they said no.

If Ishiba wants it to stay on the service he could pay the difference, or drop the price ch. 3 pays for the games.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually I have a feeling Ishiba could do a lot.

This is all about money - ch 3 thought they could raise their price to Youtube TV from the price they paid the Suns for coverage and they said no.

If Ishiba wants it to stay on the service he could pay the difference, or drop the price ch. 3 pays for the games.

Yet Channel 3 says they aren't asking for more money. All these disputes are the same. Each side says the other side is the bad guy, screwing the customer and demanding more than a fair rate.

Ishbia stepping in sets a bad precedent. Why stop at YouTube TV? Why not Hulu? Why not Dish or Direct? There's a domino effect you're ignoring.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yet Channel 3 says they aren't asking for more money. All these disputes are the same. Each side says the other side is the bad guy, screwing the customer and demanding more than a fair rate.

Ishbia stepping in sets a bad precedent. Why stop at YouTube TV? Why not Hulu? Why not Dish or Direct? There's a domino effect you're ignoring.
No, I'm not ignoring it. You are correct it would cause a domino effect.

It put's to a test his claim how important it is to him that fans can watch the games.

I don't expect him to do anything by the way, because the truth is I have known all along that was marketing spin, the Suns still want their local TV money.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yet Channel 3 says they aren't asking for more money.
I find that hard to believe if that is true Google is really stupid, because I know a lot of their phoenix subscribers including myself are canceling because of this.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, I'm not ignoring it. You are correct it would cause a domino effect.

It put's to a test his claim how important it is to him that fans can watch the games.

I don't expect him to do anything by the way, because the truth is I have known all along that was marketing spin, the Suns still want their local TV money.

It's really not marketing spin when the only thing keeping people with cable or a service like Youtube rather than watching over the air with antenna is stubbornness. I get the games free in HD from a $10 antenna. Ishbia gave away something like 100k antennas to people who requested. I know some were left out but again, he's brought the games to free over the air television for 90% of Arizona. I know it's 2023 and not many have or use antennas anymore but we're not taking about some foreign concept people over 25 don't have experience with. The vast majority of this board have fond memories of watching Suns games on Channel 45 back before cable/satellite became standard in every home. The complaining because it doesn't work precisely how some would like it to ever since this deal has been announced is the epitome of First World Problems and I really have no sympathy for those who can hook up an antenna but don't, for whatever reason. If you live out in the middle of nowhere and can't receive a signal, that's one thing but then there's the Suns Live app for $15 a month, which is available to the entire state regardless of your regular TV provider.

Nothing personal, it's become a pet peeve of mine. I really needed to get that off my chest.

Go Suns!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Greetings my orange and purple friends - as some of you know I work and have to stream games from my phone - and I'm not trying to pay for it lol

So someone hipped me to this app - it lags - sometimes like a full 30 seconds behind the television broadcast - I know this because of the ASFN game threads

It will also cut out from time - but you'll learn quick on which links to click

They just upgraded their app btw - I believe that's why it only has 100K downloads

I have a older phone I use - it doesn't even have service lol - this way I can both stream games and kick it on ASFN at the same time

*Disclaimer

I am not affiliated with the site at all - this is just my good deed of the day

You better be using a VPN if you are using Dofu or you will eventually get a letter in the mail.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I got my antenna to work. You have to watch Yotes games by antenna too. I think maybe PHX Rising may end up there, too. I would be OK with Dbacks ending up on antenna too.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's really not marketing spin when the only thing keeping people with cable or a service like Youtube rather than watching over the air with antenna is stubbornness. I get the games free in HD from a $10 antenna. Ishbia gave away something like 100k antennas to people who requested. I know some were left out but again, he's brought the games to free over the air television for 90% of Arizona. I know it's 2023 and not many have or use antennas anymore but we're not taking about some foreign concept people over 25 don't have experience with. The vast majority of this board have fond memories of watching Suns games on Channel 45 back before cable/satellite became standard in every home. The complaining because it doesn't work precisely how some would like it to ever since this deal has been announced is the epitome of First World Problems and I really have no sympathy for those who can hook up an antenna but don't, for whatever reason. If you live out in the middle of nowhere and can't receive a signal, that's one thing but then there's the Suns Live app for $15 a month, which is available to the entire state regardless of your regular TV provider.

Nothing personal, it's become a pet peeve of mine. I really needed to get that off my chest.

Go Suns!
Well I tried to setup an antenna and I can't even get a signal that does more than flash a freeze frame every few seconds from 3 no matter how I move my antennae, and I can't even find any signal from 44.

Now maybe I could get one with an outdoor antenna or something, but I'm not going to buy 70's tech and go to the trouble of installing it hoping it gives me a watchable signal.

Signed up for Fubo today instead.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my antenna to work. You have to watch Yotes games by antenna too. I think maybe PHX Rising may end up there, too. I would be OK with Dbacks ending up on antenna too.

Maybe you can do a demo video on YouTube. :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't think there is any mystery, you just have to be close enough to the broadcast that it picks up the signal strong enough.
My TV did the automatic looking for channels and kept saying zero. I called customer support. They drilled me down to where I could manually make the tuner look for channels, and it picked up like 90+ channels. No explanation why the auto seek didn't work as opposed to manually searching. Same antenna. Trying to get it to work, I disconnected the amplifier. I think it was 96 channels with no amplifier. Wondering if it would do any better with amplifier. I got the channel now, so if it's not broken.....

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My TV did the automatic looking for channels and kept saying zero. I called customer support. They drilled me down to where I could manually make the tuner look for channels, and it picked up like 90+ channels. No explanation why the auto seek didn't work as opposed to manually searching. Same antenna. Trying to get it to work, I disconnected the amplifier. I think it was 96 channels with no amplifier. Wondering if it would do any better with amplifier. I got the channel now, so if it's not broken.....
My tuner found 3, it just was not remotely watchable.