Watching Suns games

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Imagine complaining about games being on free TV when you used to have to pay for a service to watch! In AZ literally can get a $10 antenna and watch a ton of stuff for free including Suns games… can’t please everyone!

Imagine caring enough about your place of living where you dont want coat hangers sprawling out of all your TVs and are busy enough to want to have the game recorded

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine caring enough about your place of living where you dont want coat hangers sprawling out of all your TVs and are busy enough to want to have the game recorded

You obviously haven't looked at modern antennas. They don't look like coat hangers and are far from giant. 1 of my antennas is like 5 inches tall on 2 inch base, like a candle and I'm able to make it vanish behind my TV. The other is about the size of a tablet but flat and is hanging on the wall behind the TV, entirely out of site.

Yes, it's 2023 and would be nice if things were a little better but it's also 2023 and nothing is preventing you from searching Google to confirm that Suns Live is available on Roku's. Instead lets complain and demand answers from other fans.

My how far we've come from the Sarver days.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You don't have to blindly put up an antenna. Check a website like https://www.rabbitears.info/searchmap.php to see what channels you can actually pick-up and what type of antenna you will need including height.
Thanks for the heads up on that, I’ve gone through 2 antennas on where I live, NW Peoria, with no luck. I’ll have to look for options for a stronger/roof/attic antenna.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You obviously haven't looked at modern antennas. They don't look like coat hangers and are far from giant. 1 of my antennas is like 5 inches tall on 2 inch base, like a candle and I'm able to make it vanish behind my TV. The other is about the size of a tablet but flat and is hanging on the wall behind the TV, entirely out of site.

Yes, it's 2023 and would be nice if things were a little better but it's also 2023 and nothing is preventing you from searching Google to confirm that Suns Live is available on Roku's. Instead lets complain and demand answers from other fans.

My how far we've come from the Sarver days.

Mine is the coat hanger type Ive had for the last 15 years, it was in the garage all this time and works fine for the most part. Some glitches here and there or when someone stands in front of a window.

Thanks for the heads up on that, I’ve gone through 2 antennas on where I live, NW Peoria, with no luck. I’ll have to look for options for a stronger/roof/attic antenna.

Ebay has a good selection, some are listed by range in miles which indicates the 'power' of the antenna.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So suns live does or doesnt have a TV app?

Agree with others, this is 2023, im not putting giant antennas on my 3 TVs or plugging in my phone to the TV. Its either paying for Fubo or Suns Live

What is everyone else doing?

Is there any roku app where we can pickup local channels?
PHX Live DOES have an app for Roku and AppleTV, no need to have a cable plugged into your phone to stream. Roku does have the Roku channel that has local stations, here is a link to the 3TV app, but I don't know if it shows Suns games or not. I can check it out for tonight's game and report back.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if you can't pick up a signal from NW Peoria using an HDTV antenna. Did you see other posters stating that the auto search didn't work and the manual search picked up 90+ channels including the 3TV channel? Sounds like more of an issue with your tuner or TV than it is with an antenna.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PHX Live DOES have an app for Roku and AppleTV, no need to have a cable plugged into your phone to stream. Roku does have the Roku channel that has local stations, here is a link to the 3TV app, but I don't know if it shows Suns games or not. I can check it out for tonight's game and report back.
The 3TV app doesn't show Suns games.

I use fire TV and have it on several TV's. Not interested in buying Roku. Ridiculous they don't have an app for that since it is the most popular streaming device.

Whatever I already signed up for FUBO, I just find it ridiculous.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The 3TV app doesn't show Suns games.

I use fire TV and have it on several TV's. Not interested in buying Roku. Ridiculous they don't have an app for that since it is the most popular streaming device.

Whatever I already signed up for FUBO, I just find it ridiculous.
It looks like there is an app for Suns Live on a Fire stick here. FUBO is probably a better route anyway to have the ability to record games, pause and skip through commercials.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It looks like there is an app for Suns Live on a Fire stick here. FUBO is probably a better route anyway to have the ability to record games, pause and skip through commercials.

Why should I need to download something? It's 2023, it should come preloaded on TV's sold within the Arizona borders. When I want to watch the Suns it should pick up my thoughts telepathically and load the app to the appropriate game!

:sarcasm:

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why should I need to download something? It's 2023, it should come preloaded on TV's sold within the Arizona borders. When I want to watch the Suns it should pick up my thoughts telepathically and load the app to the appropriate game!

:sarcasm:
Certainly seems where this thread is heading, lol.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Prime Video in some cases requires a subscription to NBATV. Other games are broadcast region locked. This deal didn't help me one bit. Also, none of the 3TV apps carry the games. Luckily, I am using my OTA plus a HDHOMERUN Tuner and use my Plex Server as a DVR. It has made things simple. It's basically on TNT or available via my OTA antenna via my tuner.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hear people complaining all the time they live here and can’t see the game, I don’t get it? It’s not that difficult to put your tv on channel 3 lol. 10-15$ for an antenna to get tons of channels. I usually only stream but have antenna for sports, NFL, NBA it’s pretty simple…

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear people complaining all the time they live here and can’t see the game, I don’t get it? It’s not that difficult to put your tv on channel 3 lol. 10-15$ for an antenna to get tons of channels. I usually only stream but have antenna for sports, NFL, NBA it’s pretty simple…
Unfortunately for me cheap antennas didn't work at all. I tried maybe 4 of them. Most of them definitely didn't meet the advertised range. I ended up having to buy a large powered antenna I could put in the attic several years ago and now I am golden. The only think I would like to upgrade is my tuner. It's only HD but they have 4K broadcasts in my range now. The new tuners have been buggy according to a couple of my friends that were early adopters of ATSC 3.0.

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me cheap antennas didn't work at all. I tried maybe 4 of them. Most of them definitely didn't meet the advertised range. I ended up having to buy a large powered antenna I could put in the attic several years ago and now I am golden. The only think I would like to upgrade is my tuner. It's only HD but they have 4K broadcasts in my range now. The new tuners have been buggy according to a couple of my friends that were early adopters of ATSC 3.0.
Where are you in AZ? I have TVs that pick up channel 3 with no antennas at all?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I was watching state basketball last night. Tried to watch Suns on the app and it wouldn’t let me watch in full screen on my phone. It would however work with the smaller screen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson