ASFN has a new owner.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will. The latest thread will probably be staying but may tweak the ad sizes so you aren't losing so much forum space.

Can it be made an option that can be turned off in the user cp? I really dislike the sidebar stuff taking away screen space.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Figured you would like it. ;)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I love the latest thread option personally. Since it gives me access to the threads I have visited lately. Would love the option to click the "view first unread" checkbox though.

Reaction score
It definitely loads & runs a lot faster now. The sidebar is okay. It's not too intrusive. I don't see any ads so I'm good with the changes.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Figured you would like it. ;)

Yep! In fact, with the size adjustments I'm liking the Latest Threads addition. I think it will help build on the sense of community we have here. Good job!

And it will be GREAT once the Cards' season starts. We'll be able to check on what everyone else is commenting on more quickly. That will be a bonus during games.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you think that. That was my main reason on having it. It will help other members that don't view the whole forum and let them know there is more then just the section they live in. :D

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I would mention it, when one pushes the ASFN Contributor button at the link below, I get the following:

Not Found

The requested URL /asfn-contributor was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If it is an error with the site, it should be corrected.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/asfn-contributor

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There is no option for individual members to shut it off. Its all hard coded in. I will see if there can be an option but I doubt it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no option for individual members to shut it off. Its all hard coded in. I will see if there can be an option but I doubt it.

I thought this was a link to become a ASFN Contributor.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm, that's new. Will have to do some work on that page. Those paypal links are not tied to me right now, so avoid using them. ;)

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just want everyone to know that we have secured the site and hopefully want happen again. Just to be on the safe side as we don't know what they did with the database, change your passwords here and if you use that same password elsewhere, change those. Sorry about all this.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Just want everyone to know that we have secured the site and hopefully want happen again. Just to be on the safe side as we don't know what they did with the database, change your passwords here and if you use that same password elsewhere, change those. Sorry about all this.
OR.....we can use this opportunity to make inflammatory remarks and claim out account got hacked[emoji2]

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ha ha, please do, then we will ban that account for a bit. ;)

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks! Have you not been active lately or just haven't seen this post till now. :D