ASFN has a new owner.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Bryan and my brother Eric(Iceman) are the new owners of ArizonaSportsFans.com!

Some of you may have seen me around the forum for time to time. I have been registered on this forum since 2008 and checked out the site years before that. I am a native AZer, born here and have never lived anywhere else. I have been a fan of everything Arizona when it comes to sports, Cards, DBacks, Suns, Coyotes, ASU, and others.

Keebali where awesome enough to sell me the site. They never sell their sites and this site was the first they have ever sold. I think the reasoning behind the sale is that they knew how passionate I was about this forum. I am grateful that they allowed me to buy it from them and look forward on seeing this place grow even more!

We have many plans for the forum. New look, updating the forum software, adding a few more sections, and so on. All in due time. We are more then happy to hear what ideas many of you may have too. I am so glad ASFN has come back to Arizona!

If you have any questions, please ask away. Eric will probably be posting his intro post in here too soon.

Lets keep ASFN the place for all the latest news on Arizona Sports!

Bryan

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. About time this site wasn't owned by a faceless overseas corporation that doesn't give a crap about us. I have long wondered if we could buy it back. Thank you for bringing this site back to Arizona fans

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad that someone who is a real Cardinals fan bought the site.

I really enjoy coming here and reading all about the Cardinals.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I look forward on growing this forum. Eric and I have a ton of ideas we are bringing to the forums. Look forward meeting many of you at cards/dback/suns games!

I move this thread to most active place on the forum......in the AZ Cards section!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kudos! A little good news after the USA Portugal game.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They lose? Not much into soccer. Are they out now?

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
They lose? Not much into soccer. Are they out now?

Nope. Portugal tied it with 26 seconds left in the game. Had the U.S. won outright they would have advanced to the 16.

Oh, and a HUGE thank you by the way.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Awesome.

Keebali basically ran this forum into the ground. (Impossible to use without an ad blocker, and I wasn't keen on being a contributor with Keebali running the show.) Looking forward to seeing the changes!

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Are they not advancing then?

Also, this forum is still on Keebali's server and I will have to be moving it to mine in the next few days. When that move comes, there will be some downtime. Will give everyone a heads up when that happens.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they not advancing then?

Also, this forum is still on Keebali's server and I will have to be moving it to mine in the next few days. When that move comes, there will be some downtime. Will give everyone a heads up when that happens.

They still have a chance to advance and they have not been eliminated. They are in a pretty good position, but winning today would have gotten them a guaranteed in.

Thunder Dan

Veteran
Reaction score
Great news! Hopefully the number of ads will be brought down to a reasonable number so I can disable ad-block on ASFN and help support this site.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great news! Hopefully the number of ads will be brought down to a reasonable number so I can disable ad-block on ASFN and help support this site.

Yes it will. That's my first step. There will be a few ads, but no where near what is on it now. You all will be happy with the changes I make in the beginning. Hope to have the members that haven't posted on here for awhile back posting again. We will see how it all plays out.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Yes it will. That's my first step. There will be a few ads, but no where near what is on it now. You all will be happy with the changes I make in the beginning. Hope to have the members that haven't posted on here for awhile back posting again. We will see how it all plays out.

So your saying that the changes you have in mind for later we are going to hate. I see your game here :mulli:

:D

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is Eric (Iceman). Me and my brother (Shaggy) are extremely happy to be owners and members of the site. I obviously am too a native to AZ and never plan to leave here. We have been pushing really hard to get ASFN and finally able to get it. We are both extremely passionate about all AZ sports and I am for all other sports. I actually played baseball for Arizona State University from 99-01 and then had a short stint in the Minor Leagues with the KC Royals. I was a pitcher and unfortunately had to get shoulder surgery, which pretty much ended my baseball career. I (we) run a summer college baseball league here in the summer for incoming college players and also for players that are currently in college. This is a great way of staying involved with baseball. It is called the Arizona Collegiate Wood Bat League. www.AZSummerball.com

Anyhow, looking forward to meeting you all and happy to be part of such a great forum. Any suggestion on how to make the site better, we are all for it!

Yes, I was with a friend that came in from Iowa and was watching the USA game up in Scottsdale. All of a sudden everyone in the restaurant/bar was chanting USA, USA with 30 seconds to go. I had a bad feeling about it because I thought it was too early. Obviously, we know the outcome. It was almost like the commentator saying, "he hasn't missed a FG from within the 25 yd line all year!". We all know what happens next......

Last edited by a moderator:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is Eric (Iceman). Me and my brother (Shaggy) are extremely happy to be owners and members of the site. I obviously am too a native to AZ and never plan to leave here. We have been pushing really hard to get ASFN and finally able to get it. We are both extremely passionate about all AZ sports and I am for all other sports. I actually played baseball for Arizona State University from 99-01 and then had a short stint in the Minor Leagues with the KC Royals. I was a pitcher and unfortunately had to get shoulder surgery, which pretty much ended my baseball career. I (we) run a summer college baseball league here in the summer for incoming college players and also for players that are currently in college. This is a great way of staying involved with baseball. It is called the Arizona Collegiate Wood Bat League.

Anyhow, looking forward to meeting you all and happy to be part of such a great forum. Any suggestion on how to make the site better, we are all for it!

Yes, I was with a friend that came in from Iowa and was watching the USA game up in Scottsdale. All of a sudden everyone in the restaurant/bar was chanting USA, USA with 30 seconds to go. I had a bad feeling about it because I thought it was too early. Obviously, we know the outcome. It was almost like the commentator saying, "he hasn't missed a FG from within the 25 yd line all year!". We all know what happens next......

More coverage on ASU baseball would be awesome!

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
More coverage on ASU baseball would be awesome!

We are definitely going to try to push all the college sports forums and get more activity out of them. We also have an idea to start up a prep section for all the high school kids/parents to talk about the kids/teams. We have a lot of ideas to get more activity out of this site and look forward on seeing how this place grows!! :head2head:

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Thanks for buying the site Shaggy and Iceman. I didn't know who owned the site after Skkorp died. It's great to see that a Cards fan owns it again.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do we know this isn't a hoax?

I wouldn't put it past those crazy dancing Israelis.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is not the time or place, but I would like to see the Sub-Forums removed from the top of the Phoenix Suns page. They are seldom used by posters. Personally I only use the main forum for posting and it is nice to be able to address pertinent topics there. Lately there has been expanded flexibility on the main Suns forum for topics which are NBA related which is great. I think any concerns for possible abuse by posters in the future can be addressed in stickies at the top of the forum page.

Thanks for letting posters express their concerns. ASFN is a great site and it looks to only get better.