ASFN Appreciation Thread 2024

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Just want to say this is an amazing place. I've traveled the digital world, got the 100K followers on Twitter, made some famous contacts, but I'm not lying when I say I learned how to handle myself here. I learned how to make friends. Learned new ways to pen and express myself, from parodies to puns to poetry. I got banned for more times than I can count and for even more reasons

I've made and lost friends in here, rip

I've followed your lives, not in a creepy way but in a omg everything might be f***ed up in the world but at least ASFN is okay

Stability, never had anything like this, when I logged back under a new name/identity I knew I'd be found out eventually but I hoped if I showed I'd matured some y'all would re-welcome which meant the world to me because I was having a digital break down

I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here and fully understand if it gets deleted, hippie love regardless

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Now I wanna know who you were before.... Im still here, at 53, 21 and a half years after using my Lotus Notus login as my user name, because I couldnt be bothered remembering another handle... and I was in IT back then. My wife thinks Im a weirdo for the amount of time I spend reading these boards. And by comparison, I rarely post. Shes probably right.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just want to say this is an amazing place. I've traveled the digital world, got the 100K followers on Twitter, made some famous contacts, but I'm not lying when I say I learned how to handle myself here. I learned how to make friends. Learned new ways to pen and express myself, from parodies to puns to poetry. I got banned for more times than I can count and for even more reasons

I've followed your lives, not in a creepy way but in a omg everything might be f***ed up in the world but at least ASFN is okay

Stability, never had anything like this, when I logged back under a new name/identity I knew I'd be found out eventually but I hoped if I showed I'd matured some y'all would re-welcome which meant the world to me because I was having a digital break down

I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here and fully understand if it gets deleted, hippie love regardless
everybody experiences a weak moment:)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I wanna know who you were before.... Im still here, at 53, 21 and a half years after using my Lotus Notus login as my user name, because I couldnt be bothered remembering another handle... and I was in IT back then. My wife thinks Im a weirdo for the amount of time I spend reading these boards. And by comparison, I rarely post. Shes probably right.
The previously permabanned desertdawg.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah. This is the place I go to discuss the Cardinals as no one else is my life can't discuss at this depth. Some parts annoy me, most don't. In my experience, I haven't seen many message boards operate this well.
Before this board, I would get super excited to talk football with anyone. Most people I would talk football about barely knew anything about the teams they followed.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’ve learned a lot from everyone here. Even the posters that I don’t agree with. I’ve been here since the beginning of ASFN and was on the previous board in the late 90’s/ early aughts. My username on the previous board was LongSufferingCardinalsFan. ASFN replaced the old board.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hell, when I was a broke, indebted college student, this board conspired to send me from Virginia to Arizona for a game. Duckjake hosted me at his hotel and took care of me. It was the Tillman appreciation game, and I was even recruited to walk onto the field under the giant flag. I yelled at Corey Dillon that the Pats were going down today. He chuckled. It was funny because of course we lost. This message board held a fundraiser and gifted me that experience. What other message board does that?

I think we should do another fundraiser and send a deserving financially strapped fan to a game.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I've been PANTONE194C, PANTONE, ColorWerx.

Wait @BirdGangThing - you've got 100K Twitter followers? Wow. What's your handle?
it's mostly a (lefty) political account but honestly im all twittered out lol these last couple presidencies have sped up my aging process with stress stress stress - that hardcore burnout is one of the reasons i needed some ASFN back in my life again

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hell, when I was a broke, indebted college student, this board conspired to send me from Virginia to Arizona for a game. Duckjake hosted me at his hotel and took care of me. It was the Tillman appreciation game, and I was even recruited to walk onto the field under the giant flag. I yelled at Corey Dillon that the Pats were going down today. He chuckled. It was funny because of course we lost. This message board held a fundraiser and gifted me that experience. What other message board does that?

I think we should do another fundraiser and send a deserving financially strapped fan to a game.
That's a great idea Stout. Every out-of-state Cardinals fan should get to experience State Farm if they can't financially.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Funny this post was made. After the SB, I went lurking on a Niners board to laugh at their weeping and gnashing of teeth, and I was utterly amazed at how out of touch with reality they were. There was a thread by some 39 year old loser talking about he was quitting the team and he just can't endure another season of let down. That wasn't the odd thing though, it was the multitude of posters in the thread that agreed with him and were also doing the same thing that made me incredulous. We have a whole community of fans of the Arizona/St Louis Cardinals that have experienced nothing BUT pain and disappointment throughout our entire lives. I've been a Cards fan for 46 years and have never once said I was done. This family has been what has kept me sane and grounded in reality through both football, and life events and I've been able to gain balance in my life, and an appreciation for all of you through our interactions, so when I look at other teams message boards, I realize nothing and I mean nothing compares to ASFN. This is my family, and nowhere else could I laugh, get p.o'd, irritated, and cry with people who love the Cardinals as I do. I belong to no other Cardinals message board probably because they likely wouldn't get a born and bred Philly dude who loves this team more than my own sports teams in my city. This board means so much to me that I've told my wife that if anything ever happens to me, to please let my ASFN family know so they don't think I've "quit" on them. Is that bad?

:)

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I live in an area that was traditionally Cowboys fans. Now they are KC fans. Most people can’t handle failure.

It was funny to sit in the stadium for a Cards/Bronco game and literally see the tags on the jerseys of the bronco’s fans entering the stadium.

I know a lot of fans that change teams depending on who is hot.

I’m sure Detroit acquired a lot of new fans who will jump ship when they start trending downwards.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I hated it when you had your meltdown and begged to be banned and loved it when you did your Phoenix thing and came back to us.

Your whit and clearverness is awesome and why you are a must read poster.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Color me impressed. Im not going to lie, I found desertdawg difficult to read and disagreed with you all the time. I find myself agreeing with birdgangthing all the time (other than Monty). Goes to show how much delivery can completely alter impression. Glad you’re here. Now and again I’ll check myself and change my style. Have a tendency to slip up time and again, but I keep trying.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Banned!

Nice to have you back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson