Cardinals at Niners gameday thread 10-1-23

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno. The interior DL is a failure in progress, but every pass rusher is under contract for 2024, and we’ll see some growth.

Ojulari sure has been a tremendous bust so far.
That is the optimistic view.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Our defense is smoke and mirrors. Talent wise, it is in sad shape for the future. Especially the front seven. They are playing really hard, just imagine if we had about half the talent of SF on that side of the ball.
It’s why I’m taking to drafting newton more and more. If he can be 75% of what Donald is he immediately improves the passable pass rushers we have.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our defense is smoke and mirrors. Talent wise, it is in sad shape for the future. Especially the front seven. They are playing really hard, just imagine if we had about half the talent of SF on that side of the ball.
We have almost 50m in dead cap this season. Our lack of talent wasn’t going to be addressed this year and everyone knows it.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hilarious, don't give up your day job, comedy isn't for you.

I'm sure it hurts but its the truth. Your last coach couldn't even get Murray to run the plays he called.

Like I said if you're good with him great, but don't try convince people what they see isn't whats happening.

What you know about the Cards, KM, etc., could be written as a warning on a cigarette pack:

Paying attention to this guy will seriously lower your football IQ.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
FTFY :koolaid:

Seriously - a few impact players on D, upgrade at LG, and hopefully K1 playing like a franchise QB.
Regarding LG, I really don’t understand not just swapping Wilkinson with Colon…I thought Colon performed good again yesterday, when he had to sub at Center for Frodo during those 2 series.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Regarding LG, I really don’t understand not just swapping Wilkinson with Colon…I thought Colon performed good again yesterday, when he had to sub at Center for Frodo during those 2 series.

He's not been here that long. They probably don't have confidence in him yet that he knows everything for the LG position. He missed all camp and he's probably been learning for backup C.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
He's not been here that long. They probably don't have confidence in him yet that he knows everything for the LG position. He missed all camp and he's probably been learning for backup C.
Meh…he’s gotten meaningful snaps the last 2 games at LG and C….and we know Wilkinson is the weakest link. The change can be made, IMO.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Dailey (Sp?) is eligible to come off IR as of today. Don't know if he's ready to practice/play. At worst another guy to try at LG.
He was starting Tackle in Tennessee last year...but does have a few games at guard in his career. I can't remember if he was signed to be guard in AZ, or a swing tackle backup, tbh.

Seattle49er

Reaction score
I'm sure you know more than us, I'll defer to your superior knowledge of Cardinals football, Niner fan living in Seattle.
I have eyes, not in denial like cardinals fans.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
But he didn’t hold out. Unlike Bosa of course who did. I’m sure that was a misunderstanding though and completely taken out of context.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He was starting Tackle in Tennessee last year...but does have a few games at guard in his career. I can't remember if he was signed to be guard in AZ, or a swing tackle backup, tbh.
He started in Carolina for few years at guard, and was much better at guard than tackle. He's not better than Wilkinson, so the cavalry isn't coming.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Yes, let's go to the bank and deposit the words of one Elijah Spann. Who, you may ask? Well, allow me to introduce Elijah, who like Seattle49er is an impeccable source of info on all things Cards: Born and raised in the Fort Worth, Texas area I grew up watching Cowboys games on Sundays (yes, I am unapologetically a Cowboys fan and yes we are winning the Superbowl this year) with my grandpa. This started my love for sports that expanded beyond football into everything that included a ball. Then in college, I found out it was really fun to put money on them, and well, that changed the game on how much of a junky I became. Outside of sports, I am expected to graduate in the Summer of 2021 and move to Austin, Texas, to get started on my professional career, whatever that may be.

(I tried to clean up some of Elijah's sloppy sentence structure, and missed punctuations to make things more legible for grownups.)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Kyler is who he was until proven otherwise. That is on him.

Hard to defend his actions/performance in 2nd half of 2021, the playoff game, the offseason, new contract with something I am not supposed to say anymore included, and then major regression in 2022.

The best thing for this team is for him to turn it around (mentally and physically) and be a consistent franchise QB.