2007: Let's complain about Larry Fitzgerald Thread

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We'll just make it a WR's thread. Nice drop on 3rd and critical play Q. I dontcare how hard you think you are going to get hit. Hold on to it! :bang:

Is there a receiver in the NFL that does not on occasion make a bonehead play? We arguable have the best receiver corps in the NFL and that area of our game is probably the best we have. When you get bad results day in and day out there is a tendency to pick on one guy each week and blame it all on him. Our problems sure are not centered on Larry Fitzgerald. Hook him up with Manning and you have an all pro year in and year out. We as fans are like a dog biting its tail.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Just watched it again.

Either Fitzgerald mis-timed it or the ball was slightly overthrown but he didn't catch it and start running very smoothly. I seriously think the guy just got too excited and ran without thinking.

He caught it, never slowed down for a second, looked back the defender, and then his left foot caught the chalk.

You can see his intial momentum from reaching out to catch the ball started to carry (slightly, it not like he is falling over himself) him over to the sideline. If he caught the ball and just went straight up the field he would have had plenty of room.

But Fitz is not known for his running ability, I guess you chalk it up to a lesson learned. I think he could have cut it inside behind the defender coming in.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's a sign of the cynical times we live in but I confess when I saw that play, I immediately wondered if Fitz did that intentionally, for whatever nefarious reasons he might have had.

Today, I always suspect those kinds of things to be gambling-related.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's a sign of the cynical times we live in but I confess when I saw that play, I immediately wondered if Fitz did that intentionally, for whatever nefarious reasons he might have had.

Or Dennis Green related? Hmmmm.

:)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

So do I. Especially when I see some player giving what appears to be far less than 100% on a play like pulling up in pursuit or making a half hearted attempt at an arm tackle. Then a week later that same player is defensive player of the week.

Slow motion and multiple camera angles really changed what you're able to see going on during a game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and I am not even including the 2003 season with just Boldin when the team went 4-12.

In the 56 games that the Arizona Cardinals have had Boldin and Fitzgerald the Cardinals have managed to go 19-37. In the 56 games before Boldin and Fitzgerald (1999-first 8 games of 2002) the team went 20-36.

The apologists will say that there are 1000 other reasons why this team has sucked that bad and I will agree. However, lets not forget that the 56 games prior to Quan/Fitz we were coached by Vince Tobin/Dave McGinnis with what is considered by many on this board as the darkest time talent wise in this worthless organizations history. Will anyone disagree that talent wise we are better overall and the talent surrounding our dynamic duo is much better than the 1999-2002 era?

So what does this mean? Once again the aplogists will say absolutely nothing. I disagree wholeheartedly. To me this means that this duo brings absolutely no impact to the team in the area most needed, wins and losses. How can we be terrible between 1999-2002 with recievers like Frank Sanders/Rob Moore (injured most of the time)/Bryan Gilmore etc.. and still have a better record with those guys then we do with what many on this board consider to be the best duo in the league with more talent than the former group ever had overall?

Please explain this to me?
LOL.

There is nothing new under the sun.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He scores, leads the team and doesn't turn the ball over. RAWR! Grown as man! etc... Marvin Harrison lets his game speak for itself. He scores butt loads of TDs. I am a Fitz fan. So long as he wears a Cards' uniform, I will cheer. I just wish his output on the field was worth his draft pick and cost. He is an amazing athlete, but he is no Quan. Face it. Yay for Quan defying odds and physics. The "alrighty" Fitz is just that. A great receiver between the endzones.
Lol. This is some awesome stuff!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good old Cardinals. I posted a similar thread back when everyone was blaming Plummer for all our losses. The Cards record was the same before he started as it was with him as starter and has been about the same or slightly worse since he left.

No need to bag on Q or Fitz when you understand that nobody in 20 years has helped this team win more or less than any other guy who played his position.
Miss this guy!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never been more down on the two of them.

Fitz is making bone head mistakes at a weekly clip. Boldin sits out a crucial game against the Panthers, but horse plays after practice. Then, today, they focus on him during the pregame and he's laughing like he's back at a Fla. St. scrimmage. That made me go, "Uh, oh", and really looks bad to me now. He just didn't seem to be intense and fired up for the game today.

These two guys are our best players along with Wilson. They'd better start LEADING like they are the best. Actions speak louder than words, and they are not stepping up.
The post that turned around Fitz' and Boldin's careers....

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A thread of people saying Fitzgerald is crap, Warner is crap....

With all the stuff going on people haven't changed. You were brilliant saying Fitz and Boldin were not the problem!
Fitz was crap on that one play… Shoulda scored :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else watch any of the SB loss on NFL network last night? I watched the 4th quarter. Fitz had 1 catch until the 4th and then went nuts putting us in front until the damn ending.

I don't know if it was a new angle but they actually showed an angle that basically proved the Holmes catch was legit, I always thought he might have had 1 foot on top of the other leg not touching the ground but they showed an angle in NBSEE it that you could see the toes of both feet down inbounds with the ball.

Also the painful memory of DRC reading Ben's eyes flying up to pick the throw to the RB and instead Ben throws to Holmes who is now wide open because of DRC and gets like 35 yards to set up the game winner.

Argh.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else watch any of the SB loss on NFL network last night? I watched the 4th quarter. Fitz had 1 catch until the 4th and then went nuts putting us in front until the damn ending.

I don't know if it was a new angle but they actually showed an angle that basically proved the Holmes catch was legit, I always thought he might have had 1 foot on top of the other leg not touching the ground but they showed an angle in NBSEE it that you could see the toes of both feet down inbounds with the ball.

Also the painful memory of DRC reading Ben's eyes flying up to pick the throw to the RB and instead Ben throws to Holmes who is now wide open because of DRC and gets like 35 yards to set up the game winner.

Argh.
I need to see it to believe it.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Argh.
I’ve seen every angle possible if it’s ever been televised and I can’t prove that his other toes down always looks an inch off the ground to me

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen every angle possible if it’s ever been televised and I can’t prove that his other toes down always looks an inch off the ground to me

To be clear it didn't PROVE it but remember the call on the field was a TD so to overturn it had to be proof the toe wasn't down and the angle they showed it sure looked down.

I'd forgotten some of the stuff as they were looking at the replay on the screen you can see Larry looking up at the scoreboard going "no, no" over and over when he realized it was going to count.

Crusher

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about the 2-3 blatant penalties on the Harrison INT return. 14 point swing on that bs.

Yeah that play still kills me but the one at the end I've always believed he only had 1 foot down but from what we saw last night I now get why they didn't overturn it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A thread of people saying Fitzgerald is crap, Warner is crap....

With all the stuff going on people haven't changed. You were brilliant saying Fitz and Boldin were not the problem!

The rapidity that people turn on our own team never ceases to amaze me.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard