2007: Let's complain about Larry Fitzgerald Thread

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz was trying to stop the clock...that is why he stepped out of bounds.

Bunch of noobie football fans around here.

Sheesh

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I, Mulli, from now until the end of the year, will no longer say anything negative about that Cardinals.

I had to do this last year, and it is time to do it again this year. It is just to painful to be objective. I will now go totally koolaider.
That lasted long:

Hey Larry, why does Warner throw a fade in the end zone, when you obviously have inside position on Phil @%% Buchanan?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea, but you know how certain things only happen to the Cardinals.....

Kind of like when Boldin, against Seattle a couple of years ago, is about 15 yards behind the defense. For some reason, he jumps to make the catch (he didn't need to) and falls down. Not only does he not score, he injures his knee too. I'm surprised Fitz didn't turn an ankle on the play yesterday. Maybe our luck is changing! :D

ONLY the Cardinals can have plays like this from their two best players!

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of like when Boldin, against Seattle a couple of years ago, is about 15 yards behind the defense. For some reason, he jumps to make the catch (he didn't need to) and falls down. Not only does he not score, he injures his knee too. I'm surprised Fitz didn't turn an ankle on the play yesterday. Maybe our luck is changing! :D

ONLY the Cardinals can have plays like this from their two best players!

I remember that play. I dont remember him getting hurt on it though?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember that play. I dont remember him getting hurt on it though?

You're right. I just went and read the article of that game.

What happened was Warner, because we didn't score a TD, hurt his groin throwing a pass two plays later. He wasn't even tackled. It was classic Cardinals, going from a sure TD to losing your QB and having no chance in about 1 minute.

That was also the game where Rolle got hurt, played hurt, and got burned a few times. Looking back, I'd have to say he's never been the same since. Up until that game, we all liked him.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
To the seventh circle of Hell with you all wanting to get rid of Fitzgerald. I swear that you all disgust me sometimes, damn. Last year it was Edge, now this. Come the hell on, you guys.

I agree. Fitzgerald is a top notch player.

I think Warner juuuuuust over threw him, and Fitzgerald just barely had his momentum taken out of bounds. A bad play ? Yes, but not the worse of the day.

The whole offense sucked Sunday. Nuff said.

You wanna bash a WR? Can we cut Urban already ? He sucks.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Warner juuuuuust over threw him, and Fitzgerald just barely had his momentum taken out of bounds. A bad play ? Yes, but not the worse of the day..

Huh? He ran twenty yards downfield before he stepped out.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Warner juuuuuust over threw him, and Fitzgerald just barely had his momentum taken out of bounds. A bad play ? Yes, but not the worse of the day.

Yea you really need to rewatch the play because you have no clue as to what happened.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
There was a really stiff wind, blowing from Fitz's left to his right...

:D

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
What we should really be beating to death is that AZ is always one dimensional and they always focus on the wrong dimension.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

The whole offense sucked Sunday. Nuff said.

You wanna bash a WR? Can we cut Urban already ? He sucks.

Warner "overthrew" him??

Sorry guys but this deserves the:

:biglaugh:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
And as if on Q, Big Ben has thrown his fourth touchdown of the half.

Thanks Denny!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
C'mon dude... You know as well as the rest of us that had Ben ended up on the Cards, he would suck!!!

No, he would have been showing strong signs of greatness when the motorcycle accident ended his career.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Bickley just said that when Kent Somers asked Fitzgerald about the play, Fitzgerald said he didn't remember.

Sure. OK.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bickley just said that when Kent Somers asked Fitzgerald about the play, Fitzgerald said he didn't remember.

Sure. OK.

I saw hi interviewed after the game on Channel 12, and he said he wasn't sure what happened, he just wound up out of bounds.

Really, what can be said? It was lack of field awareness. Amazing for a player so skilled at getting two feet in-bounds on catches.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Yea you really need to rewatch the play because you have no clue as to what happened.

:lmao: Typical. :rolleyes: Whatever, if I had a dime.............

Anyway pretty sure that would be the reason since I re-watched in about 20 times on the DVR. Also, since I have played football, and continue to play contact sports in which you are taking passes at top speed which people coming to hit you at all angles. I think I know what I am talking about.

Fitzgerald should have gotten himself under control and then put on the jets.

It looks like he caught it at full extension of his arms and even stumbled slightly, and just kept going.

If he takes just a brief moment to gather himself (not stop completely of course) and get on the straight and narrow he would have been fine. I would also add that I would dissapointed that he was trying to beat the defender to the spot rather than brace for contact, or cut it back inside.

Still a bad play regardless.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Warner "overthrew" him??

Sorry guys but this deserves the:

:biglaugh:

:lmao: Once again...typical :rolleyes:

Fine. I will print out the picture and post it. It is quite clear, well at least to me it was.

He definately didn't hit him in stride to the fact were he didn't have to adjust to the pass.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late to the game, but Larry for some reason looked back at the ref, like he thought a whistle had blown or something. Right after turning back around, he drifted out of bounds. Turning to the left to look at the ref, your body is going to shift to the left anyway. When you are that close to the sidelines, you are in trouble.

No excuse, but thats what I have thought happened the entire time.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Wasn't the nearest defender at least that far from him?

:)

This is getting kinda wierd. I am defending the fact that I was told I have no clue what I am talking about and to re-watch the play.

Yet, I am sorry but I think it is the other way around maybe before many of you start laughing and pointing you should take some of your own advice and actually watch the play.

The nearest defender was not 20 yards away. You can see him in the picture and he got pretty close.

Whatever. You say I made a stupid post, but who cares. This is stupid thread, complaining about one of the best WR's in the league is just as laughable and dumber anything I can write on the subject.

Plus it was NOT the worse play of the game at least he caught the fricking ball. How about the 3rd down drop by Urban ? How about the 3rd down drop by Boldin ?

You can easily write up a thread on how Boldin has been a joke of a captain and his play has been severely down.

Or that Adrian Wilson has turned into a phantom on defense.

It is easy to do, just a waste of time IMHO.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Late to the game, but Larry for some reason looked back at the ref, like he thought a whistle had blown or something. Right after turning back around, he drifted out of bounds. Turning to the left to look at the ref, your body is going to shift to the left anyway. When you are that close to the sidelines, you are in trouble.

No excuse, but thats what I have thought happened the entire time.

I thought he was looking back for the defender.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard