2007: Let's complain about Larry Fitzgerald Thread

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
So has Fitzgerald explained what happened yet?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he just misjudged where he was and lost his balance. Let's face it, he hasn't had much experience running with the ball after catching it in stride.

How do you just "lose your balance" after you have already run in a straight line for almost 15 yards and you have nobody pushing you or around you?

I have never seen it in all the years I played or watched football at any level.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
How do you just "lose your balance" after you have already run in a straight line for almost 15 yards and you have nobody pushing you or around you?

I have never seen it in all the years I played or watched football at any level.

I have no idea, but you know how certain things only happen to the Cardinals.....

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Warner hit receiver Larry Fitzgerald for a 47-yard pass on the second play of the game. But it might have gone for 80 yards and a touchdown had Fitzgerald not inexplicably stepped out of bounds at the Buccaneers 33.

No one forced him out, and Fitzgerald was well in bounds when he made the catch.

"I don't even know what happened," Fitzgerald said. "It's just a memory right now. I'm just disappointed we didn't pull that one off."

Asked again about the play, Fitzgerald repeated that he didn't remember. "Man, it's hard for me to place anything."

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ug.

If they didn't keep Fitz, they'd better get a hell of a lot more than that.

Don't get me wrong AJ. I'm not saying that is what we should get if we traded him. The point I'm trying to make is, is it logical for the Cards to tie up 15 to 20% of their salary cap on 2 wr's when we could take the same money Fitz (or Boldin for that matter) will receive and fill 2 or 3 holes on this team with solid players. We might be giving up something at wr but it's not like we would have to play the game with only 10 guys.

I just want to win. I getting to the point where I don't care what name is on the back of the jersey.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You were making some good points up to this.

#1 - What is a speed reciever ?

#2 - How many are out there that are better then what we have on the current roster ?

#3 - How is this going to automatically convert to more wins (the point of your thread) ?

#4 - I haven't seen a time where our QB has enough time to throw deep, let alone throw a 5 yard out ?

#5 - Which QB on this team has the arm to throw the ball deep ?

Just some comments about the "speed reciever" that so many think we need, and do not possess.
#1. A guy who excells in deep passing plays i.e. Galloway, Santana Moss, Lee Evans, Chad Johnson, Chris Henry, Kevin Curtis, Berrian, Andre Johnson, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Sydney Rice, the rookie reciever for KC--I am not rying to come down on you, but why is this soo hard to understand?

#2 See above and add: Jacoby JHones, James Jones, Greg Jennings

#3 They score touchdowns, its called a big play threat. Believe it or not, most teams (all except us) tend to get atleast one of these guys and covet them.

#4 This pisses me off. Prior to all of the injuries, our line was giving the QB all the time in the world. Leinart had 8 seconds everytime he dropped back against the niners.

#5 The one that is starting. There have never been any concerns about Kurt's arm---ever. Furthermore, Matt has no trouble putting touch on a 40yd pass, he just can't put it on a rope. You make no sense.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Saw it live and it was even more perplexing in person.

Mark it down and spread it around.

Intentional or Not - Fitz is playing his way out of Arizona.

I guarantee come training camp next year - Fitz will be wearing another uniform.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Because it's a catch all of every thread involving Larry.

Good stuff mods.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Coriolis effect Shane.

If we were playing in Australia Fitz would have scored.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were multiple bitching threads about the same things, so those things were merged together.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sticky this and the Peterson thread?

I'm serious...we get a few a week...might as well sticky 'em.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey Larry how about not steping out of bounds when you have a wide open field for the td with no one around you in a big game. Also how about not fumbling again when you catch the ball in the middle of the field then fall on the ground try to get up and then lose the ball :(. I really hope Larry gets it togather but his stupid mental mistakes are costing this team right now its painful to watch.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Larry, why does Warner throw a fade in the end zone, when you obviously have inside position on Phil @%% Buchanan?