1st round mock draft

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Ok, not a draft guru so any player after the 1st round I wont have much of a clue, so rather then do the Cardinals mock draft, doing a 1st round mock, here goes:

1 - Carson Palmer - QB, Wether this pick is done by Cincinatti or another team trading up to grab him, I think he goes #1

2 - Charles Rogers - WR, No brainer, this is the lock of the draft with Detroit taking him, Harrington to Rogers gonna be another Montana to Rice.

3 - Jordan Gross - OT, not a glory pick, and wouldnt be suprised if Texas could trade out of the pick that someone else goes here, but if Texas is on the clock, they need a OT BAD!!!

4 - Jimmy Kennedy - DT, because they are going to try the "Stewart" experiment they pass on Leftwich, which unfortunatly for leftwich is gonna make his stock plummet, they instead take the best DT in the draft to take some pressure off of Urlacher.

5 - Terance Newman - CB, God I hope this pick is right, this is the one that worries me because I think its a 50/50 shot between newman and Suggs for Dallas, I'm hoping they decide on Newman.

6 - Terrell Suggs - DE, God bless the Cardinals, lets see some sacks.

7 - Dwayne Robertson - DT, Minnesota will be happy to have the second best DT in the draft.

8 - Andre Johnson - WR, No true #2 WR, and an aging Jimmy Smith, means Johnson has a chance to be the guy very quickly.

9 - Byron Leftwich - QB, the franchise Qb the Panthers need falls to them, this could change because Carolina is one of the few teams I could see trying to trade up and grab Palmer at #1.

10 - William Joseph - DT, Ravens defense has allways been thier strength, and they need a new DT to continue that, Joseph will be hard to pass up, Ravens may decide to use pick on a QB tho, but I think they go defense.

11 - Jerome McDougle - DE, assuming they dont get Holliday, McDougle will fit the bill.

12 - Marcus Trufant - CB, with the Rams getting Kyle Turley locked up at the OT possition they Rams can get a solid replacement for Aneas Williams.

13 - Taylor Jacobs - WR, Jets need to replace Coles, and Conway ain't it.

14 - Kevin Williams - DT, The Pats need help shutting down some of the best RB's in the league like Ricky Williams, and Travis Henry, Williams will help fill that position.

15 - Kwame Harris - OT, with Brees, Thomlinson, and Boston the offense is starting to look good, but they need O-line help, Harris is a good fit here.

16 - Dennis Weathersby - CB, No suprise that Kansas needs secodary help and will use the draft to get that help.

17 - EJ Henderson - LB, Fills a need, and i think highest rated athlete on board at this point.

18 - Andre Woolfolk - CB, Stock fell a little bit but still a good CB, and fills another need for the Saints

19 - Larry Johnson - RB, had a good private showing to increase his stock, and NE needs to find the answer at RB

20 - Chris Kelsey - DE, with signing Plummer to the contract they did you have to assume they wont go QB this year in the first round, so instead fill a need on the other side of the ball.

21 - Eric Steinbach - OT/*, Browns need help on the O-line or the QB wether Carr or Holcolmbe is gonna get killed again this year.

22 - Boss Bailey - LB, Jets are going to be jump at this pick if he's still on the board.

23 - Kelly Washington - WR, Bills need to fill the hole left by Price leaving.

24 - Jonathan Sullivan - DT, did well at the combine, but falls much to many peoples suprice to the Colts who desperate for DT help

25 - Kenny Peterson - DE, had a hard time deciding who the Giants would go with, they could use help on the O-Line, but since the best O-line is allready gone, decided to go with best athlete left on the board.

26 - Ty Warren - DT, Lucky for SF this is a deep Dt class, they take the best available that is left.

27 - Mike Doss - S, Pittsburg is another team that needs help in the secondary, Doss can fill the roll nicely

28 - Lee Suggs - RB, Tennessee has some other needs such as secondary and WR with the loss of Dyson, but with the better Secondary, and WR's gone, they look to get a replacement of the future for George.

29 - Rex Grossman - QB, Grossman, Boller, Ragone Gb will take a Qb, Grossman is the best of the 3 options in my opinion, but still could be any of the three.

30 - Michael Haynes - DE, losing hugh Douglass is a big deal, and Eagles need to try to find a replacement

31 - Rien Long - DT, Raiders are getting old all over, but Dline is a need and once again this is a nice deep draft for DTs.

32 - Cory Redding - DE, Could also go with Faine-C here, but Offense did fairly well last year, getting a couple of young D-Line help would be nice for the Raiders.

Well, there you have it, and of course I reserve the right to change this at any time. *GRIN*

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
20 of 32 picks on the first round on D? That's pretty interesting.

I think that, if by some miracle Kyle Boller falls to Green Bay, they take him. Boller sounds more Favre-like than Grossman does.

Larry Johnson would be a serious reach for the Pats at #19.

I don't know about Gross at #3. I've heard that the Texans might risk going with Boselli for another year, but that might just be smoke. I wonder if they get a solid prospect in the second round, so at least they hedge their bet for the future. If Suggs has a good workout, he'll be a Texan.

It's funny, because this mock doesn't look all that different from the ones before the combine...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9

Larry Johnson would be a serious reach for the Pats at #19.

Huh? What are you talking about...Johnson is clearly the best back in the draft.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Huh? What are you talking about...Johnson is clearly the best back in the draft.

Yeah, but all the backs in this draft suck. There isn't supposed to be one RB taken in the first round of this draft. Johnson was a one-year wonder, and a lot of people have questions about him. That guy from USC might have vaulted in front of him with his blistering combine 40 time. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans take either of them in the second round (if they take Gross in the first, or acquire someone like Orlando Pace or something), but I'm not sure if there'll be a running back taken in the first round.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah, but all the backs in this draft suck. There isn't supposed to be one RB taken in the first round of this draft. Johnson was a one-year wonder, and a lot of people have questions about him. That guy from USC might have vaulted in front of him with his blistering combine 40 time. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans take either of them in the second round (if they take Gross in the first, or acquire someone like Orlando Pace or something), but I'm not sure if there'll be a running back taken in the first round.

What are you talking about? Every mock I've read has Johnson going in the first. I would be very surprised if he doesn't, especially since he just had a darn good workout.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Every mock I've read has Johnson going in the first. I would be very surprised if he doesn't, especially since he just had a darn good workout.

Who in the bottom third would take him? If he goes any higher than that, it's a huge reach....

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Who in the bottom third would take him? If he goes any higher than that, it's a huge reach....

Philadelphia. That's one off the top of my head.

New England. They need a back, Antowain Smith really sucks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Philadelphia. That's one off the top of my head.

New England. They need a back, Antowain Smith really sucks.

Doesn't Philly have a young guy that they liked more than D. Staley, but he tore up his knees or something in the pre-season?

I could see New England maybe taking him, but I would think that they'd rather have a slasher than an upright, Eddie George-type back. It's also possible that NE is still looking at signing Jams Anderson. I'm willing to bet that the Pats draft D in round 1, though. They need to get younger on that side of the ball. I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted Boss Bailey.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard