CBS Projects Vikes Trade Up Costs Including W/Cards

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i am mentally preparing myself for:

Monti trades down with NYG to #5 and gets a #47. Board proclaims he is a genius.

Takes Dallas Turner at #5. Board is burning Monti in effigy, wishes Keim were still here.

Packages #27, #35 and #71 to Atlanta at #7 to take Odunze. Back to genius.
That would be awful.

Dallas Turner is not worth anywhere near the equivalent of 27, 35, 71 - and that's if you think Odunze is equal to Harrison.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The more I think about this the more I think the Cards have already agreed to a deal with the Vikings.

The Vikings don't make that deal unless they think they can trade up. Most likely team to trade up with is Cards - if it's not Cards it would have to be Patriots. They would not trade below Cards because they risk us making a deal with someone like the Giants to jump them.

Also Monti made it pretty clear in the press conference he was open for business with the 4th.

All I have to say is if we have made a deal with the Vikings it damn well better have Jefferson or Addison in it.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jefferson himself is worth at least one first round pick from a valuation standpoint. I think Minnesota reaching for a McCarthy is asinine when he’s not ready to start at the next level.

I personally think they should take Penix who is very Cousins-like, not the most mobile but great pre-snap and has an absolute rocket for an arm. I do hope AZ can land an impact receiver whether it’s MHJ or Odunze/Nabers.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more I think about this the more I think the Cards have already agreed to a deal with the Vikings.

The Vikings don't make that deal unless they think they can trade up. Most likely team to trade up with is Cards - if it's not Cards it would have to be Patriots. They would not trade below Cards because they risk us making a deal with someone like the Giants to jump them.

Also Monti made it pretty clear in the press conference he was open for business with the 4th.

All I have to say is if we have made a deal with the Vikings it damn well better have Jefferson or Addison in it.

No way. It's not like the Vikings gave up a ton of capital to move their 2nd round pick into the first round. They basically gave up their 2nd in 2025 to move up into the first. They are just getting their war chest ready if they decide to make a move.

No way any agreements have been made at this point.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Towards the twighlight of his career with Warner and Boldin, Fitz was granted an appearance. But tell me how many Super bowls Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson saw respectfully. Carry on guys

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Towards the twighlight of his career with Warner and Boldin, Fitz was granted an appearance. But tell me how many Super bowls Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson saw respectfully. Carry on guys

I think you mean in the prime of his career rather than the twilight, Fitz was like 26 years old when we made the Super Bowl.

You have to have at least a semi complete team around you to succeed though, a WR alone doesn’t do it but a great WR is certainly a problem a lot of teams would love to have.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

A fun mock. The Vikings also included Jordan Addison because Jayden Daniels was there.

Cardinals WR corps after this draft: Jordan Addison, Brian Thomas, Michael Wilson, Greg Dortch, Malachi Corley, and Luke McCaffrey. This is a basketball team with all kinds of body types.

DL: Byron Murphy III, Justin Jones, Bilal Nichols, Kris Jenkins, Dante Stills. Some pass rush in this group.

CB room: Sean Murphy-Bunting, Nate Wiggins, Garrett Williams, Max Melton. More size and speed with this group.

Braswell adds to the edge group. He's got some pass rush tools but needs work as a run defender.

Trey Benson is Conner's heir apparent.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Monti trades down with NYG to #5 and gets a #47. Board proclaims he is a genius.

Takes Dallas Turner at #5. Board is burning Monti in effigy, wishes Keim were still here.

Lol. I’m on board if that’s guaranteed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hi Towards the twighlight of his career with Warner and Boldin, Fitz was granted an appearance. But tell me how many Super bowls Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson saw respectfully. Carry on guys
It’s crazy that jerry rice, Randy moss, tyreke hill, Marvin Harrison, issac Bruce, Tory holt, jamar chase, Reggie Wayne, julio jones, Deebo Samuel, Greg Jennings, cooper kupp, mike Evans, never made a super bowl . . . oh wait.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

A fun mock. The Vikings also included Jordan Addison because Jayden Daniels was there.

Cardinals WR corps after this draft: Jordan Addison, Brian Thomas, Michael Wilson, Greg Dortch, Malachi Corley, and Luke McCaffrey. This is a basketball team with all kinds of body types.

DL: Byron Murphy III, Justin Jones, Bilal Nichols, Kris Jenkins, Dante Stills. Some pass rush in this group.

CB room: Sean Murphy-Bunting, Nate Wiggins, Garrett Williams, Max Melton. More size and speed with this group.

Braswell adds to the edge group. He's got some pass rush tools but needs work as a run defender.

Trey Benson is Conner's heir apparent.
If you can promise me this with Addison I’ll bite.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yuck

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy that jerry rice, Randy moss, tyreke hill, Marvin Harrison, issac Bruce, Tory holt, jamar chase, Reggie Wayne, julio jones, Deebo Samuel, Greg Jennings, cooper kupp, mike Evans, never made a super bowl . . . oh wait.

The counter to this is the QBs throwing them the ball.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Why is that a “counter?” The argument seemed to be that teams with great receivers don’t make the super bowl. Obviously that’s not true.
The counter to this is the QB component. In the modern NFL, that's usually the difference.

Why did the Chiefs win the Super Bowl? Patrick Mahomes.

Why did the Niners lose? Brock Purdy.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I would absolutely hate that. We're in a position to sit and get one of the top WRs and giving up all that extra draft cheddar to get one would be beyond counterproductive, and IDGAF who else we're getting there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The counter to this is the QB component. In the modern NFL, that's usually the difference.

Why did the Chiefs win the Super Bowl? Patrick Mahomes.

Why did the Niners lose? Brock Purdy.
Eh I don’t think that’s a “counter” per se. I think that’s a given. It also doesn’t change the fact that many of the teams had a top receiver, contrary to the inference of the post to which I responded with data to the contrary.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Eh I don’t think that’s a “counter” per se. I think that’s a given. It also doesn’t change the fact that many of the teams had a top receiver, contrary to the inference of the post to which I responded with data to the contrary.
I'd argue very few QBs can be successful without top talent at WR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson