CBS Projecting Murray Trade

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is the issue.

I've heard scouts say that Malik Nabers would be the best receiver in 10 other recent drafts. Some scouts have him around or better than Jamar Chase. The difference isn't as great as this board is making it. Rome Odunze would also be the best receiver in a lot of drafts too.

People are acting like MHJ is the Rolls Royce to the Pontiac Sunfire. It's more like the Rolls to the Bentley.
Indeed, this draft is loaded at the WR position. My position is still that I want the top guy. That could change with circumstances--say, if we trade KM, for instance--but likely not.

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
Which teams do you think have head coaches or offensive coordinators that would want to trade for Murray? Someone who thought they could get him playing like he did in 2021.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Isn’t Nabers just over 6ft?
I don't see how this matters much. Taller receivers (or shorter receivers) tend to bust more. Football isn't basketball, being taller can sometimes make stiffer hips and thus not as crisp in and out of breaks. The ideal receiver is generally between 6'0-6'2.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't see how this matters much. Taller receivers (or shorter receivers) tend to bust more. Football isn't basketball, being taller can sometimes make stiffer hips and thus not as crisp in and out of breaks. The ideal receiver is generally between 6'0-6'2.

I agree but specifically compared to MHJ who’s as crisp as they come running routes at 6’3/6’4” puts him in a different category. However Chase, Jefferson and Hill are top-5 WR’s that aren’t tall.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but specifically compared to MHJ who’s as crisp as they come running routes at 6’3/6’4” puts him in a different category.
Bingo. It’s his combo of size, running routes, hands and speed that make him a unicorn. Passing on a unicorn when you also have a desperate need at that position would only make sense in Cardinals land.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Trading Murray increases our cap space by 5 million this offseason. We could eat the entire "dead cap" hit in one year, and be off the hook for the rest of his deal.

Right now we only have 18 players under contract for 2025. So we will have almost 60 mil in cap room this year, and will still have a lot next year, because I don't see how we will sign any huge names.

Lets just say this report is partially correct, and we could get a 2nd round pick for Murray. We take Maye at #2.

Yes, we are missing out on MHJ, but we reset the entire roster, have a great QB prospect on a rookie deal, and have enough picks with #16, #34, and the Vikings 2nd to add 3 more starters to this roster.

What if...and I know its not a sure thing...but what if Maye comes in and lights it up like CJ Stroud has? That QB has single handedly changed the outlook of that franchise. They went from being expected to be one of the worst teams in the NFL, to fighting for a playoff spot in Stroud's rookie year. He has made pretty much no-name WR's look really good this year. The Texans will be able to attract much better FA talent now because they have turned things around and have a promising young QB.

As much as a Murray trade might seem counter-intuitive because he is probably "good enough" and the team will probably improve regardless next year....getting a young stud QB changes your franchise in a hurry. Id rather take Maye...6 wins next year...and a complete redo of this roster in 2 years.....than Murray, 7 wins..and still being handcuffed to a contract this FO doesnt want.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Right, so I conceded last year that trading back for picks this year makes sense. Trading away from the top talent this year for future picks would just be dumb. If we're out of MHJ range, take Fashanu.
I'm leaning more Alt now, and I've seen quite a few draftniks who think Alt is better. He's just such a massive human. Fashanu giving up six pressures to JT Tuimoleau (sp?) exposed him a bit.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I always watch the Senior Bowl work outs. Better than combine or Senior Bowl game itself. These are guys lining up going one on one against guys they will be playing in the future in the NFL. It's been great over the years to really get a read on guys before the draft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard