CBS Projects Vikes Trade Up Costs Including W/Cards

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Addison is nice.. but I don’t see him as a #1. Great #2. We need elite talent on this team.. Kyler, McBride and PJJ in the future maybe. Not sure if consider anyone else on either side of the ball elite outside of that. Even Kyler is a projection of elite and McBride needs to continue his upwards trend in the future.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I would be okay with the trade down -- assuming Monti has a plan to get from #11 to #7

Im pretty indifferent to MHJ vs Nabers vs Odunze, but want one of them

#11 + #66 gets you to #7 per the trade value chart

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no way
11, 23, and Jordan Addison.....or no deal.

open with 11, 23, Justin Jefferson, and the 2025 first...let them haggle us down from there... but put them on hold so you can take the call from the QB hungry Giants at 6
Yep, that would be the minimum I would take, actually I'm not even sure that is enough, I would want at least a 3rd along with that.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Isn't the whole point of improving the team so we're not in the position of being a top 5 pick again? Let's use this rare opportunity to take one of the best WR that has come out in years, and stop over thinking?

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
Isn't the whole point of improving the team so we're not in the position of being a top 5 pick again? Let's use this rare opportunity to take one of the best WR that has come out in years, and stop over thinking?
It looks like Monti might prefer to have pics to roll the dice with over guaranteed talent. If the cardinals drop down to 11 they will not come out of this draft with one of these top 3 WR's. Missing out on one of these guys when you have a huge need at WR would be serious malpractice.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
none of those deals are enough.

The scenario Im warming up to the most is #11, #23 and Justin Jefferson. Yes, we are going to have to make him the highest paid WR in the league...but we have cap space, and we have been signing low cost guys for a reason. We are keeping cap room available for a superstar...and there is no better WR in the league right now.

The Vikes are not in a position to compete right now with the Lions and Packers in that division, no QB, and the Bears having a better roster and 2 top 10 picks.

They are going to be paying Jefferson the same as we are...but they are going to be terrible for at least 2-3 more years.

Getting Jefferson, even at 25-30 million per year, is as good or better than getting MHJ on a rookie deal. We get a proven superstar, and enough draft capitol to draft massive upgrades on affordable rookie deals. Shoot, we may even luck into Nabers or Oduze at #11...or could trade up to make sure we get them....and go from one of the worst WR rooms in the league to one of the best overnight.

If the Vikings dont want to trade Jefferson, then I think the conversation is over. #11 and #23 is not enough to pass on MHJ. Adding in the 1st rounder next year makes it a better offer, but the fact we would have to trade back up to get our 2nd choice at WR makes it less appealing.

If I could draw up my ideal scenario....its #4 and #66 for #11, #23, and Jefferson.

At #11 we take Jared Verse. At #23 we take Keon Coleman. At #27 we take Johnny Newton, and at #35 we take Graham Barton.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t see the Vikings throwing in Jefferson. I hope so but man that seems like a lot. I would think you want a star WR to help a young QB out if you were the Vikings.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm gonna be pissed if we take anything mentioned in this article. Hell, I'll probably be mad if we move back one way or the other.
I would be mad at the larger compensation package. When you're trading for a package of picks, it's never an equal deal.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Don't forget that it is lying season as well. All sorts of BS will be coming out to get players to drop / rise etc

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any trade down with Vikings should include Justin Jefferson.
You would rather have Jefferson and the contract he commands than Addison who is younger and in the second year of a rookie deal? To me they are pretty close to the same value. I guess I would take either.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You would rather have Jefferson and the contract he commands than Addison who is younger and in the second year of a rookie deal? To me they are pretty close to the same value. I guess I would take either.
Addison would be a good replacement for Hollywood Brown and a quality #2 WR. Cards would still need a true #1 WR.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
At some point we have to value on field performance more than contract. Jefferson is arguably the best WR in the NFL. Addison is potentially a solid #2 WR on a team.

I am as against overpaying for mediocre talent as anyone (DJ Humphries)....but if you want elite players you have to pay them. Jefferson is 24 years old and he is an all pro. If he is going to commande 5 years, 150 million...then so be it. The cap always goes up. Restructuring is always an option, etc.

If hes on the table....along with picks....then Im taking that deal. I wouldn't just trade #4 straight up for him..but for #11 and Jefferson...yes Im taking that deal.

We could take someone like Keon Coleman late in the 1st and have one of the best WR rooms in the entire NFL overnight.