CBS Projects Vikes Trade Up Costs Including W/Cards

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Why is that a “counter?” The argument seemed to be that teams with great receivers don’t make the super bowl. Obviously that’s not true.
And it's not like we don't have a QB. We have a QB that is certainly on the level of "should be good enough to win a playoff game."

It's not like Marvin Harrison and Issaac Bruce weren't already with their teams when the QB arrived, either.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

A fun mock. The Vikings also included Jordan Addison because Jayden Daniels was there.

Cardinals WR corps after this draft: Jordan Addison, Brian Thomas, Michael Wilson, Greg Dortch, Malachi Corley, and Luke McCaffrey. This is a basketball team with all kinds of body types.

DL: Byron Murphy III, Justin Jones, Bilal Nichols, Kris Jenkins, Dante Stills. Some pass rush in this group.

CB room: Sean Murphy-Bunting, Nate Wiggins, Garrett Williams, Max Melton. More size and speed with this group.

Braswell adds to the edge group. He's got some pass rush tools but needs work as a run defender.

Trey Benson is Conner's heir apparent.
That would be amazing

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just because MO says he has a big sign stating he’s open for business, in no way means he actually is. Unless, of course, a team is desperate and stupid, and offers us a deal that is so one-sided in favor of the Cardinals, that he literally cannot turn it down. I laugh at all these so called football analysts that are creating these balanced trade deals. MO is in control of ALL the trade deals & will only give up the opportunity to draft MHJ if someone is downright stupid. Not only is there a QB tax attached to moving out of 4, but there is also a MHJ tax involved too. Take this to the bank……..MO will not give up 4 unless he is overwhelmingly WOWED by what we get in return.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just because MO says he has a big sign stating he’s open for business, in no way means he actually is. Unless, of course, a team is desperate and stupid, and offers us a deal that is so one-sided in favor of the Cardinals, that he literally cannot turn it down. I laugh at all these so called football analysts that are creating these balanced trade deals. MO is in control of ALL the trade deals & will only give up the opportunity to draft MHJ if someone is downright stupid. Not only is there a QB tax attached to moving out of 4, but there is also a MHJ tax involved too. Take this to the bank……..MO will not give up 4 unless he is overwhelmingly WOWED by what we get in return.
Yeah I don't agree with you on this.

Everyone is reporting the first 3 teams are not open for business. If Monti really wanted MHJ above all else he would not be nearly as open publicly to the idea, he would say something like sure we will take calls but it would have to blow us away. He's not saying it like that, he's basically indicating he is very open to the idea which suggests to me he does not see a prospect he is in love with.

People don't want to believe that because so many seem to be in love with MHJ the prospect and think anybody else has to see him the same way they do.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I don't agree with you on this.

Everyone is reporting the first 3 teams are not open for business. If Monti really wanted MHJ above all else he would not be nearly as open publicly to the idea, he would say something like sure we will take calls but it would have to blow us away. He's not saying it like that, he's basically indicating he is very open to the idea which suggests to me he does not see a prospect he is in love with.

People don't want to believe that because so many seem to be in love with MHJ the prospect and think anybody else has to see him the same way they do.
When you hold ALL the cards, and make no mistake that MO holds all the cards, you absolutely tell the world that you are open for business. Only in that manner do you increase your odds of negotiating a trade that works for you. I was a lead corporate negotiator for FedEx for 30 years. Trust me on this.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I've basically accepted a trade down right now. Vikings or Giants will want JJ after his pro day. I hope we get 3 x first rd picks if it's the Vikings. Would prefer the Giants.

Last edited:

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
All this nonsense talk. Just take Marvin Harrison Jr and be happy
Thank You.. I completely agree. NO WAY do the Vikings give up a huge amount to the Cardinals for the 4th best QB. If the Viking trade up with the Cards it will be for the No. 1 receiver rather than the No. 4 QB. If the Vikings do trade up it will probably be for the No. 5 or 6 spot. Keep in mind the amount of money you pay a drafted Rookie at No. 4 is alot higher than drafting a Rookie at No. 5 or 6...

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
I know we have nothing else to do but way overthink every little comment and scenario but I hope on draft day the math is simple

0 number one receivers on this team + ability to draft a generational talent at WR at #4 = draft MHJ at #4 and be DONE

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank You.. I completely agree. NO WAY do the Vikings give up a huge amount to the Cardinals for the 4th best QB.
I tend to agree - if they trade up to #4, they'll probably pay a slight premium over the draft chart value. If the Cardinals were in position for one of the top two QBs, I think their pick would fetch a much higher premium.
If the Viking trade up with the Cards it will be for the No. 1 receiver rather than the No. 4 QB.
With Jefferson and Addison already on their roster? I doubt that! THEY HAVE NO QB!
If the Vikings do trade up it will probably be for the No. 5 or 6 spot.
If anything, the Giants at #6 are a potential competitor for a QB, and certainly for a WR. #5, maybe - but they'd have to worry about being jumped by another team trading with the Cardinals for #4.
Keep in mind the amount of money you pay a drafted Rookie at No. 4 is alot higher than drafting a Rookie at No. 5 or 6...
Even if I agree with you that the Vikings won't give up a huge haul for the #4 pick... the difference in the size of the contract for the #4 pick vs. that of the #5 pick will certainly not figure significantly into their decision.

Last year, #4 was QB Anthony Richardson, who received a contract worth $33,994,030 ($8,498,508 APY). The #5 pick was CB Devon Witherspoon, who received a contract worth $31,861,152 ($7,965,288 APY). No biggie.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I know we have nothing else to do but way overthink every little comment and scenario but I hope on draft day the math is simple

0 number one receivers on this team + ability to draft a generational talent at WR at #4 = draft MHJ at #4 and be DONE

And Zero legit WR2s on the team after Hollywood's departure!

And is Dortch our WR3? I love the kid but man!

As of this moment, our WR room is scary.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And here we go:

Vikings are lost if they don't get a QB. Why would they make the move to acquire a 2nd first round pick? I believe they want to move up for a QB. There is enough buzz to think they want JJ Mccarthy. After making the move for another 1st rd pick they don't want to leave it to chance that the Giants want JJ or would trade back with the Broncos or Saints or......
Because they have a desperate need for a QB and a very good roster the Vikings trade 11,23 and 2025 1st rd picks for Cards #4 pick. Cards may have to give back one of our 3rd round picks.

Many believe the Chargers want a WR with their #5 pick but I think Harbaugh is a run first and trenches guy so they take an OT. Yes they lost their top 2 WRs but they still have a really good one (Palmer) and Williams missed most of last year anyway. Plus this is a very deep WR class.

I don't think the Giants can pass on MHJ so to the horror and life changing depression of Cbus and Stout the Giants take MHJ. They do need a ton of oline help but there a ton of good ones in this draft.

Titans really don't need a WR so they are okay with trading back. Cards have their 3rd pick because of a trade last year. Monti was in their FO before coming to the Cards so obviously he has an excellent relationship with them. Cards trade picks 11, 71 and 104 for pick #7.
Cards select Odunze which some believe is a better fit for the Cards and Kyler.

Then with pick 23 Cards take best edge available.
Then with pick 27 the Cards take the best DT or IOL or CB available.

Go Cards!!!!!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice mock on NFL.com

#8 WR Rome Odunze
#23 Edge Laiatu Latu
#27 CB Nate Wiggins
#35 OG Cooper Beebe
#66 RB Jaylen Wright
#104 DT Mekhi Wingo
#129 WR Brendon Rice

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
at this point, Monti is trading down and probably taking someone we dont expect

deep down: you know it, I know it, we all know it

my advice: dont base your happiness on pre draft prospect rankings

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nice mock on NFL.com

#8 WR Rome Odunze
#23 Edge Laiatu Latu
#27 CB Nate Wiggins
#35 OG Cooper Beebe
#66 RB Jaylen Wright
#104 DT Mekhi Wingo
#129 WR Brendon Rice
I like the players I don’t believe they will fall to those spots and we don’t come away with anything approaching a haul.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nice mock on NFL.com

#8 WR Rome Odunze
#23 Edge Laiatu Latu
#27 CB Nate Wiggins
#35 OG Cooper Beebe
#66 RB Jaylen Wright
#104 DT Mekhi Wingo
#129 WR Brendon Rice

One additional first rounder on top of the swap? We shouldn’t be worried about making this reasonable for Minnesota. The Cards hold the Cards in this scenario. If Minnesota doesn’t want to send us a haul they can kick rocks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like the players I don’t believe they will fall to those spots and we don’t come away with anything approaching a haul.
They could though. Latu didn't have an overwhelming workout and he has the medicals against. Wiggins was lighter than people thought he'd be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson