CBS Projecting Murray Trade

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Guess someone will come with Lamar Jackson name
But he has always played with elite defense and offensely they didnt need to put great numbers to win games
Lamar btw Is the best dual threat qb ever
But what average WR has he made into a semi-star? He can’t even make any of the WRs he has in one.. Bateman their 1st rounder a few years back has 313 yds and 1 TD this year. No WR would thrive with Lamar, only TE’s.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Guess someone will come up with Lamar Jackson name
But he has always played with elite defense and offensely they didnt need to put great numbers to win games
Lamar btw Is the best dual threat qb ever and could compensate even a very average receiving unit
There’s a difference between compensating for a mediocre group of receiver and having your play elevate those receivers. Lamar does not elevate his receivers.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
What are the knocks on him? He has a great arm, great accuracy, plus athleticism and mobility, and he seems to be an awesome kid on and off the field. He was the best QB in the country last year and we still pretty great this year without a lot of NFL talent around him...certainly on offense.

There is a night a day difference between himself and Williams in terms of physical traits and personality...and maye is way ahead in both.

The only knock would be only starting 2 years in the ACC...but he has a better resume that Daniels, and Williams folded against every good team he faced and cried.

I'd take Maye for sure. I have zero doubt he's going to be a top 10 QB. At worst he's a mobile Kirk Cousins...at best he's a more accurate Josh Allen.
It appears I have poked the hornet’s nest. So, I think its best I start a thread on him.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except Wilson had a large body work of success. Kyler had a 7 game streak. Terrible comparison.
Wrong. Wilson had a large body of success before his last year in Seattle where his was noticeably worse. The he looked terrible last year. There was plenty of talk that she had caught up to him. Kyler was still heading towards his prime whereas Wilson was declining.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
It appears I have poked the hornet’s nest. So, I think its best I start a thread on him.
Not meaning to sound rude about it at all. I just think he's going to be really good and I am no pro scout but he seems like much more of a sure thing in the NFL than Williams.

I think the idea of the small QB coming put of a Lincoln Riley offense has been pretty much blown up at this point. Baker and kyler have been OK...but not worth their draft pick. Hurts has been good...but was picked much later and still isn't exactly lighting the league on fire as a passer.

I'll take 6"4 with a rocket arm every time.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That's what you got from my post?
Let's say Monti is all in on KM and knows he will be our quarterback for many years to come.
I would still want us to trade back and accumulate as many draft picks as possible and ensuring we get 2025 1st rd picks. We already have plenty of 2024 picks and would get even more with trading back.
Soooo many holes on this roster.
Draft Picks don't win games. Top-end talent wins games.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just makes sense to give KM next year to show who he is. A full off-season to work on his craft and the new to him offense instead of rehabilating his knee.
I'd give him until the back half of the season to look like a franchise quarterback.
So my plan would be to trade back at least once in this year's draft acquiring 1st rd picks in 2025. This gives us more than enough ammo to trade up for a QB if KM doesn't work out.
MHJ isn't turning this franchise around by himself and there are many holes to be filled.
Harry posted what could be a historical draft for this franchise and that's my dream.
My thoughts exactly... for a while now. But I also love the idea of taking MHJ. And I could also see trading Murray this off-season & taking a QB! None of the options would surprise me and I can understand the reasoning behind all of them! Should be one of the most interesting off-seasons ever!

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what you got from my post?
Let's say Monti is all in on KM and knows he will be our quarterback for many years to come.
I would still want us to trade back and accumulate as many draft picks as possible and ensuring we get 2025 1st rd picks. We already have plenty of 2024 picks and would get even more with trading back.
Soooo many holes on this roster.
Now here, I disagree. Trading back for a 2025 1st only makes sense to me if they're STILL hedging the bet on Murray. If they're all in on him, they should make maximum use of their assets in 2024 draft which seems to be loaded at high-value positions of need for the Cards.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lamar made Hollywood Brown look like a #1 receiver
This isn’t true at all… 1008 yds w 6 TDS was his best season ON 146 TARGETS!

To put that in comparison..

- Tyreke has 146 targets this year, 1641 yds and 12 TDs

- Davante Adams does not look like a bonafide #1 this year bc of Raiders QB play (similar to bc of Lamar’s poor accuracy w WRs).. amazingly is a perfect comparison at 146 targets, 972 yds and 5 TDs

It’s pretty rare to even be targeted that many times, Mike Evan’s twice in his career, Kupp 1, Davante 4 times, Hill only a few times, McLauren never, etc. and if you are target that many times and have any resemblance of a accurate QB its consistent as I haven’t found a WR with AT LEAST 1,300+ yards.

So no, volume targeting Hollywood for a low result of 1,008 yds w 6 TDs certainly is not elevating a WR’s game. Throwing to him 146 times to get a 1,000 yds is putrid.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Now here, I disagree. Trading back for a 2025 1st only makes sense to me if they're STILL hedging the bet on Murray. If they're all in on him, they should make maximum use of their assets in 2024 draft which seems to be loaded at high-value positions of need for the Cards.
I'd consider trading back for a future 2025 if MHJ is already gone, though even then Alt and Fashanu would have to be considered since OL like them aren't in every draft.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK but I doubt we can maximize our compensation without getting 1st round pick(s) from 2025.
Are you saying you would rather have 2024 2nd rd pick then a 2025 1st rd pick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wrong. Wilson had a large body of success before his last year in Seattle where his was noticeably worse. The he looked terrible last year. There was plenty of talk that she had caught up to him. Kyler was still heading towards his prime whereas Wilson was declining.
So again, not comparable situations.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Which comes from draft picks in every round.
Sure. But stouts point is if you’re always trading down you’re giving away shots at perceived more talented players (and I’d guess that a study would show that actual talent decreases as you move down in the draft, even within rounds) for future picks (who won’t play that season because . . . wait for it . . . they are in the future) or later picks which are likely less talented.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sure. But stouts point is if you’re always trading down you’re giving away shots at perceived more talented players (and I’d guess that a study would show that actual talent decreases as you move down in the draft, even within rounds) for future picks (who won’t play that season because . . . wait for it . . . they are in the future) or later picks which are likely less talented.
This is the issue.

I've heard scouts say that Malik Nabers would be the best receiver in 10 other recent drafts. Some scouts have him around or better than Jamar Chase. The difference isn't as great as this board is making it. Rome Odunze would also be the best receiver in a lot of drafts too.

People are acting like MHJ is the Rolls Royce to the Pontiac Sunfire. It's more like the Rolls to the Bentley.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want MHJ. I’d love to trade down but not at the cost of losing him.
This offense needs a play maker, actually more than one.

We have 5 more picks of the top 90 players in the draft. It would be an epic failure if we can’t come out with at least 3 plug and play players on this team with a couple of more starting before the seasons over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard