Grizzlies @ Suns Monday game thread 3-15-2021

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hey @1Sun when does this epic collapse start leading to us missing the playoffs? I'd have think its pretty soon since we're past the halfway point.

We're still not quite yet to the equivalent of when the Cardinals were 6-3...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish the Suns guards had worked harder in the last few minutes to get Smith some more inside looks. It could pay dividends later in the season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey @1Sun when does this epic collapse start leading to us missing the playoffs? I'd have think its pretty soon since we're past the halfway point.

Yeah, this team doesn't miss the playoffs. Now, if we lose Booker and Paul, that becomes another team and that team could fall short. If we lose just one of them, we probably still make the playoffs even if it's only for the play-in.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are poor losers. I like that quality.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty is holding Ayton to a high standard of play and says they can't go backwards.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul says it like it is... "You show me someone who's fine with losing and I'll show you a loser."

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again dominated in the paint, but once again saved by outstanding outside shooting (and poor outside shooting by Memphis).

Happy for the win, but I still don't see how this is sustainable.

The only other team I know to have succeeded recently with this formula is the Warriors, and while Booker and Paul are a nice pair, they can't shoot anywhere near at the level that Curry and Thompson could...

Toronto comes to mind immediately.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're still not quite yet to the equivalent of when the Cardinals were 6-3...

your crazy.

no way the suns collapse like that unless they are devastated by injuries.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again dominated in the paint, but once again saved by outstanding outside shooting (and poor outside shooting by Memphis).

Happy for the win, but I still don't see how this is sustainable.

you also didn’t see CP3 being an All-Star, or Dario ever coming back from Penny Hardaway land or Booker look like he’s having fun and happy or Cam Johnson ever belonging in the NBA and on and on and on.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Toronto comes to mind immediately.

They at least had Siakam, Ibaka and Valanciunas followed by Siakam, Ibaka and Gasol.

We have nobody outside of Ayton and Saric, and in terms of rim protection and interior scoring, we have nobody outside of Ayton.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
you also didn’t see CP3 being an All-Star, or Dario ever coming back from Penny Hardaway land or Booker look like he’s having fun and happy or Cam Johnson ever belonging in the NBA and on and on and on.

The only reason CP3 was an All-Star was the team's success. His individual numbers have only been so-so. Granted, though, I did not see him being able to impact the rest of the team the way he has (not unlike Nash when he returned here), though I still have my concerns as to whether Paul can endure the wear and tear as the season progresses.

I admit I was entirely wrong on Dario...with one exception. He really is too slow and unathletic to play the 4 in the NBA. Major credit to Monty for unearthing a gem in Saric by moving him to the 5.

In case you haven't noticed, Booker doesn't look like he is having fun lately, nor does he look happy. Hence him leading the league in technical fouls.

And given Cam Johnson's regression this year, I am still not sure whether or not he will be able to stick in the NBA long term. I will admit he can still potentially be a nice role player, but you need to admit that he really does not have the potential to be a long term starter for a good team. For that reason, I still maintain he was a reach in the lottery, and I also maintain that we would be much better off right now if we had P.J. Washington, Brandon Clarke (tonight's off game notwithstanding) or Tyler Herro instead.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only reason CP3 was an All-Star was the team's success. His individual numbers have only been so-so. Granted, though, I did not see him being able to impact the rest of the team the way he has (not unlike Nash when he returned here), though I still have my concerns as to whether Paul can endure the wear and tear as the season progresses.

I admit I was entirely wrong on Dario...with one exception. He really is too slow and unathletic to play the 4 in the NBA. Major credit to Monty for unearthing a gem in Saric by moving him to the 5.

In case you haven't noticed, Booker doesn't look like he is having fun lately, nor does he look happy. Hence him leading the league in technical fouls.

And given Cam Johnson's regression this year, I am still not sure whether or not he will be able to stick in the NBA long term. I will admit he can still potentially be a nice role player, but you need to admit that he really does not have the potential to be a long term starter for a good team. For that reason, I still maintain he was a reach in the lottery, and I also maintain that we would be much better off right now if we had P.J. Washington, Brandon Clarke (tonight's off game notwithstanding) or Tyler Herro instead.

Cam Johnson trails only Dario in the Suns plus minus stat. 3rd is Chris Paul.

4th is you're a troll.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I never say this to anyone on a message board , but I can’t even imagine how miserable your life must be to see all of the above in a team that has the second best record in the entire league.

with an outlook like yours, I’m impressed you even have the ability to get out of bed in the morning.

I truly feel sorry for you.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cam Johnson trails only Dario in the Suns plus minus stat. 3rd is Chris Paul.

4th is you're a troll.

And in that stat, Devin Booker ranks below Immanuel Quickley, Terry Rozier, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Donte DiVincenzo and De'Anthony Melton, not to mention Cam Johnson and Cam Payne.

Somehow I think we all would rather have Devin Booker...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And in that stat, Devin Booker ranks below Immanuel Quickley, Terry Rozier, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Donte DiVincenzo and De'Anthony Melton, not to mention Cam Johnson and Cam Payne.

You just named a bunch of players who are not on the Suns for the Suns plus minus stat.

But, other than that, great point.

Just would like to remind you that last year you said Cam Johnson doesn't belong in the league, can't guard anyone and can't shoot... now you're saying he's "regressed" from that level.

Your credibility when it comes to anything related to that particular player is non-existent.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You just named a bunch of players who are not on the Suns for the Suns plus minus stat.

But, other than that, great point.

Just would like to remind you that last year you said Cam Johnson doesn't belong in the league, can't guard anyone and can't shoot... now you're saying he's "regressed" from that level.

Your credibility when it comes to anything related to that particular player is non-existent.

You missed my point entirely. Plus-minus is a useless stat.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you were clamoring to trade or bench Booker after two weeks.

Another great call by you this year alongside Dario’s leg is going to be amputated, CP3 is washed up, Cam Johnson doesn’t belong in the league, etc etc... and

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
In the past I’ve been as bad as anyone when comes to engaging the troll. I really think the best strategy is to just not engage. It has become quite clear that he gets off on the attention he gets. He is going to keep on saying moronic things because it gets him attention. Or maybe I am wrong and he is just a moron, either way, I will not engage, and hopefully others don’t either.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He was banned for 2 months and that time was served. The voting was for early reinstatement, which he.didn't get.
That was a few days ago and here we are. How early was the reinstatement that was voted on? A couple hours?

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Monty is holding Ayton to a high standard of play and says they can't go backwards.

Aka the team is tired of him playing like a big puss, and it's becoming unacceptable. thank goodness.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great w by the suns always good to beat ja

Glad ayton did decent and booker paul as advertised

Good rebound suns!!!

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I watched this a bit late, but my positive takeaway is that Cam Payne appears to be back. He gives them such a different look- they run, they attack- a completely different team. Negative takeaway remains the same- they screw around for two-three quarters and then they start playing well. They have got to learn to start games with the same intensity they show in the fourth quarters.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson