Grizzlies @ Suns Monday game thread 3-15-2021

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched this a bit late, but my positive takeaway is that Cam Payne appears to be back. He gives them such a different look- they run, they attack- a completely different team. Negative takeaway remains the same- they screw around for two-three quarters and then they start playing well. They have got to learn to start games with the same intensity they show in the fourth quarters.

I agree that their early intensity is an issue but that's not on the whole team. Its tough for some of them to be intense when a teammate is loafing about on one or both ends of the court. In the second half, and more precisely the fourth quarter, Monty has the right combo of guys out there giving their all so they don't need to cover for anyone else.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Paul says it like it is... "You show me someone who's fine with losing and I'll show you a loser."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I remember being a high school freshman coming back from a football game where we had gotten beaten handily. We were goofing around and laughing in the bus. Coach was seething. He stopped the bus and made us run until we puked. He said if we did not hate losing and were not angry about it, he would make sure at least we feared it. After that, we took the games more seriously, and when we did lose, we made sure we kept our mouths shut on the bus.

Lesson learned. Not very politically correct, but those were different days.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I remember being a high school freshman coming back from a football game where we had gotten beaten handily. We were goofing around and laughing in the bus. Coach was seething. He stopped the bus and made us run until we puked. He said if we did not hate losing and were not angry about it, he would make sure at least we feared it. After that, we took the games more seriously, and when we did lose, we made sure we kept our mouths shut on the bus.

Lesson learned. Not very politically correct, but those were different days.

I've always taken losing very hard. Even when the Suns lose I have a very difficult time sleeping.

Of course it's not always possible to win but I refuse to let myself ever be outworked.

If I lose it's not going to be because of lack of effort.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn