Nuggets @ Suns Saturday game thread 2-8-20

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Must be possible to get some front court help or is Squeaky Sarver reluctant to spend bucks on injury exception?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
DA is only going to get better. His stats show it. Watching him in person, sometimes, I want to see more from him. But he is so young and has played such a short time, his upside is huge. Yes I am an ASU guy and I wanted us to pick him and I bought his jersey. The first jersey since I bought a Barkley jersey. Rome was not built in a day.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching the replay this morning, god the last 1.5 minutes of the second quarter was bad.

Also did you guys notice how deep Ayton has been while receiving the ball this game.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And Book had an off night.
Not just an off night - Torrey Craig. He shuts down guards on the regular. See Mitchell's past couple of games against him, for instance (1-12, and 8-24). He is a great defender who doesn't really care about scoring, although he will take a few 3's per game if given the opportunity. He takes defense as a personal challenge. Suns could definitely use a Torrey Craig.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dang tough loss... especially with ayton nice numbers

Hope suns win a few more big gms to end the season

Im guessing suns will end up with ll to 13th pick... hope there are some decent power forward or pg to look at

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Captain Hindsight but we passed on Jokic three times and probably would’ve passed on Murray twice. Nuggets owe us for eternity.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Captain Hindsight but we passed on Jokic three times and probably would’ve passed on Murray twice. Nuggets owe us for eternity.

I don't worry about Jokic because a lot of teams passed on him. Passing on Murray was a clear blunder.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said this last year, and I will say it again: the Suns just dont have enough good players. Part of the issue is injuries right now, but even when fully healthy, the team desperately needs another guard who can score off the bench. There are WAY too many guys that just flat out cant consistently put the ball in the bucket.

I guess it depends on what you mean. Healthy (and not suspended), I think we had enough good players to hover around .500 this year. We certainly don't have the talent to compete at the highest level but we'll get closer as our young guys fully come into their own.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what you mean. Healthy (and not suspended), I think we had enough good players to hover around .500 this year. We certainly don't have the talent to compete at the highest level but we'll get closer as our young guys fully come into their own.

Add a player like Jerami Grant and guard that can shoot and distribute, we are in business. James Jones wasn't far off on Kennard providing he could stay healthy.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I don't worry about Jokic because a lot of teams passed on him. Passing on Murray was a clear blunder.

I remember wanting Murray that year much because he shot FTs with his eyes closed (we're talking about practice). Don't remember who we took?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Add a player like Jerami Grant and guard that can shoot and distribute, we are in business. James Jones wasn't far off on Kennard providing he could stay healthy.
I don’t get the fascination with Jerami grant. Dude averages 5 rebounds per 36.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t get the fascination with Jerami grant. Dude averages 5 rebounds per 36.

I guess most power forwards look better than what the Suns have.

Every time I have seen Grant play, he plays well. He is athletic, tall (6' 8") and can shoot inside and out. Also he is only 25. Lots of potential there and he is available in free agency.

I am not locked on Grant but he resembles what I'd like to see in a power forward. He is a poor man's Tobias Harris.

Ideally any power forward the Suns add can rebound and defend so if there are better options I'm all for it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson